Children's menu at Cosmic Ray

swilphil

Feels trapped in a Brady Bunch episode at the Poly
Cosmic Ray's is known for their great burgers, but I was very disappointed with the child's menu option. Three weeks ago the only choice on the child's menu was Corn Dog Nuggets--Eew! My 3 yo wanted his own burger--they are too big for him to hold, much less get his mouth around. To make matters worse, when I ordered the a child's beverage I couldn't order milk, only soft drinks. I had to pay twice as much for a huge milk.

If you're not familiar with Cosmic Ray's, they have 3 different counters--burgers, chicken and soup/sandwiches. The child's menu was the same at all of them. My 2nd choice would have been chicken nuggets/fingers.

Cosmic Ray's seems like a kid-friendly place. DS loved the open space and looking out the window. It just seems like Disney just wants to milk you (no pun intended) for as much money as they can, by not offering children's burgers at a burger place.

I noticed the same thing.
Last year when DS was two, he loved to watch Sonny Eclipse. He wanted no part of the corn dog nuggets, however. He mostly ate french fries and some of my rotis. chicken.

My DD never likes the childrens menu anywhere, she always picks something from the adult menu. At cosmic rays we order the half chicken with mashed potato's and share it.

I find most childrens menus to be blah. How many chicken fingers can one child eat?

I think we ate here three times on the last trip. The kids split a kids meal and did ok, but the mini corn dogs aren't anything to write home about.

A lot of Disney counter service restaurants have PB&J, it just isn't on the menu. Don't know if Ray's does or not.

DD doesn't do corndogs either. She did go for the 1/4lb hot dog though. Since she is only 4 y/o she didn't put a dent in it! At least she got to eat something there. You could have gotten the hotdog too and just cut it up for your little one. I agree they definitely need a bigger selection there. My DD is very limited in what she eats but it couldn't have hurt them to have some Uncrustables there. It isn't like they have to cook them or anything.

I agree about the kid's menus...while my kids managed with the hot dogs, corn dogs, chicken fingers, I found it strange that Disney doesn't offer a child's size burger. That is my 5 year old's FAVORITE! A couple of times we ordered a regular burger and then cut it in half for our two kids (the other was 20 months----only problem with that is that he's not a huge burger fan yet). At Cosmic Ray's we ordered our 20 month old the corn dog nuggets, which he really enjoyed and we ordered our 5 year old the adult's hot dog. Our kids are usually grazers, but they must have been super hungry that day cause as I remember they ate almost everything! And that hot dog is HUGE! The other thing I thought was dumb was when we were at the Land's food court, I wanted to get the kids spaghetti---they only had an adult's portion of it---the only kid's thing was mac and cheese, which my 5 year old hates. I guess I could have ordered an adult's portion and have them split it, but we ended up in the BBQ line & I didn't want to stand in line twice. I think the Italy pavilion at Epcot needs to open a fast food restaurant and offer reasonably priced spaghetti, breadsticks, slices of pizza, maybe a calzone or lasange. I think that would be a huge hit with the kids, and parents as well. :D

The kids menus at WDW leav alot to be desired. I am suprised that you can't get a kids burger at cosmic ray's though!

In some ways I really admire the kids menu....rather than giving a lot of choices (and slowing up lines that need to feed thousands in a short time) each counter restuarant offers one kid friendly choice. The problem is that you have to know this and plan around it - particularly with a picky eater.

Originally posted by Alice28
The other thing I thought was dumb was when we were at the Land's food court, I wanted to get the kids spaghetti---they only had an adult's portion of it---the only kid's thing was mac and cheese, which my 5 year old hates.

In June we got a kids spaghetti at the Land food court--I remember it was made with Mickey pasta. Our 3-year-old won't eat mac and cheese, either, but loved this! I don't think they called it spaghetti--maybe pasta with marinara sauce?

I asked at Cosmic Ray's if corn dog nuggets was the only kids' item, and they said yes. No mention of PBJ. It seemed like the counter service in Fantasy Land--the Pinnochio Place had a better selection. We had no problems there.

Originally posted by BounceyOne
I find most childrens menus to be blah. How many chicken fingers can one child eat?

I guess you haven't met my niece ;) LOL!

Anne

We did not like the kids choice at Cosmic Rays either. So, DS(12) and DD(8) split that HUGE hotdog. After cutting in half and putting on the toppings it was about the size of the regular hotdogs they normally eat! I also had about 1/4 of my burger left and DS downed that ;) ! They do need a hamburger choice for kids there, IMHO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter