Chip and Dale Campout?

jhd11

Earning My Ears
I just read a post and the Chip and Dale campout at Fort Wilderness was mentioned and they said it was FREE! Sounds like something my DD would enjoy. Any info? This is a new one to me! TIA.

BC '93
AS Music '97
PO '00
PO (FQ) '02

I know there is a Chip and Dale campfire held about 8:30 in the evenings and includes a video movie. Perhaps this is what you are talking about. We are hoping to do this when we go in December (of course depending on weather). You can bring your own stuff to make Smore's or you can purchase the items at the "store" before going over to the campfire.

We will be staying @ PO -FQ and not WL or Fort Wilderness. Can we still go? Do we need to make reservations? Thanks for your reply!

Any resorts guests can go. I've heard it's alot of fun. I'm looking forward hoping to be able to do it. I'm checking to see if I can find any more information out for you and if I do I'll post a link for you!

Here is what I found out for you!! Good luck in deciding..sounds like fun!!!! :)

<b><font color=red>The campfire program is open to all WDW resort guests. It generally begins around 7:00 pm during the fall/winter season and 8 pm after the time changes in April through the summer. It is held near the Meadow Trading Post in the campfire area. The program begins with a sing-a-long led by a Disney CM and a marshmallow roast around two campfire rings. You may bring your own marshmallows or buy them at the Chuckwagon (roasting sticks and marshmallows are $2). You may also buy pizza, hot dogs, candy, nachos, juice, popcorn, cokes, coffee, beer and other refreshments at the Chuckwagon. While this is going on, Chip and Dale make an appearance to visit with guests and sign autographs. The sing-a-long lasts about 30 minutes. Next, one or two Disney animated features, depending upon the season, are shown on a large outdoor screen. Seating is available in bleachers or on benches. There is also plenty of room to lay out a quilt or blanket. The movie schedule is posted at all comfort stations. In the event of rain, the sing-a-long is still held on the porch of the Meadow Trading Post.</b></font>

Thanks so much for the info. This does sound like fun. We will certainly check this out one night on our next visit in May '02.

This was one of our favorite things. First the kids sing along with Chip & Dale, then a guitar guy plays and sings for awhile. Then there's a big movie screen showing a Disney movie. The seating is bleacher-type, and I wished I had brought folding chairs (I drive down) and a blanket for the small kids to lie down on (and hopefully go to sleep). There is also a fire to roast marshmellows and excellent hot dogs & snacks (and beer). It's all outdoors and everyone just shows up. We found some sticks to do the marshmellows at our FW cabin and brought our own marshmellows.

I have heard good things about the campfire, BUT we have never been able to do it because everytime we go in September, it has been cancelled because of the mosquito problem. We are going again from September 19 to 29 and we hope to catch it this year!!!

The sing along is done by one CM, either Julie or sundy. Daryl left last year.
We usually go in Feb and there are 2 movies during that time. We were there in June 01 and didnt notice a huge problem with mosquitos as long as you wore long pants, During the winter they are non existent. The outdoor theater remind me of a small drive in with wooden benches that have back rests or bleachers along the back. The chuckwagon was being refurbished during the summer so they didnt have fresh popcorn, I assume it is done by now. Take either bus from the parking lot and get off at the meadows trading post or the next stop. we usually attend 2-3 times during our trips, If you have any questions mail me.

We went to the campfire last year to see C & D, but also to roast the marshmellows and make s-mores since you can't have a fire at your campsite. It was fun.

:p Its a must do for our family! we love the free !!!! movies and the sing along!As of mothers day they had updated there movie system and put some more /new Log benches in for our enjoyment!Yes it does take allott of patience to get to the fire pits but can you put a time frame on your childs face?:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter