Chocolate Chip Cookies

Pooh67_68

<font color=teal>My head looked like a brillo pad<
I am making chocolate chip cookies. The first one to Pa. gets his or her own little goody bag. :banana:

Pooh67_68 said:
I am making chocolate chip cookies. The first one to Pa. gets his or her own little goody bag. :banana:

What, none for the new graduate??? **CRIES!!!**

Put your cookies in an empty pringles can or pack them in a box of popped popcorn.
Chocolate chip cookies-yum.

I used to send them all the time to DD in school.
Just wrapped about 4 at a time in saran wrap and then put them in a tin or zip lock bag and pack the box tightly with cookies or something else to fill in all the space so the don't move around.
They make it quite well ::yes::

I didn't send any out. I didn't know last night how to send food through the mail.

Here are some more tips for mailing ;)

* Exported from MasterCook *

Packing and Mailing Cookies

Recipe By :Pillsbury
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Formed Tips

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------

To make sure these gifts from your heart arrive in good shape, take a few precautions:
* Pack cookies in a strong cardboard box, a metal container, or a can with a plastic lid.
* When using a cardboard box, line it with plastic wrap, waxed paper or foil. Cookies can absorb cardboard flavor or aroma from a box.
* Pack cookies in the container between layers of crumpled waxed paper or bubble wrap, beginning and ending with a cushioning layer.
* Pack the box full enough to prevent any shifting of the cookies when it is closed.
* When sending more than one type of cookie, wrap each type separately so flavors don't co-mingle.
* Place the cookie container in a sturdy corrugated cardboard carton with rigid sides. The carton should be big enough to leave several inches all around for cushioning. Cushion box with crumpled newspaper, bubble wrap, foam pellets or shredded paper.
* Seal the box with strapping tape, address clearly, cover the address with transparent tape to protect it from blurring and mark it PERISHABLE.

I used to use any of the tins that I would get other cookies in. Of course Broken cookies are great too! *grins*

O' yes plenty left.

What part of Amish Country are you in? I live 25 miles north of Allentown.

Pooh67_68 said:
O' yes plenty left.

What part of Amish Country are you in? I live 25 miles north of Allentown.

I am in Denver, which is right at Exit 286 of the Turnpike, even tho it used to be called the Reading exit. Ever hear of Zinn's Diner? It was right down the street, kind of. (It's not there any more, tho. Amos is now in a museum somewhere)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter