Christmas 2019-Do you think there will be a Holiday Overlay for SW:GE?

Lydia S

Canadian
I love visiting the parks at night, and though everyone is posting their daytime pics of GE, the ones I've seen at night are so pretty! Just wondering if we can expect some kind of Holiday overlay for the land or lighting or shows of some kind. Or do you all think it would take away from the theming?

Since most guests won't ever have seen the original by that point, I can't imagine they would. The first Christmas at TSL they made small changes, like putting a candy cane in Woody's holster and having some characters wear holiday vests or Santa hats. Is Christmas part of the Star Wars canon? If so, then maybe they'd do similar small decorative touches.

Since most guests won't ever have seen the original by that point, I can't imagine they would. The first Christmas at TSL they made small changes, like putting a candy cane in Woody's holster and having some characters wear holiday vests or Santa hats. Is Christmas part of the Star Wars canon? If so, then maybe they'd do similar small decorative touches.
it's not. The closest thing is Life Day, featured in the SW Holiday Special, a ridiculously bad movie that makes it the best movie ever. But Lucas has tried to erase that shameful moment in SW history. No one talks about it but it's a cult classic, if you can find it. Thus it's not canon, and so, we probably won't see any mention to it

it's not. The closest thing is Life Day, featured in the SW Holiday Special, a ridiculously bad movie that makes it the best movie ever. But Lucas has tried to erase that shameful moment in SW history. No one talks about it but it's a cult classic, if you can find it. Thus it's not canon, and so, we probably won't see any mention to it

I thought I was remembering this...but I'm just remembering ewok movies.

Oh the Holiday Special may be best forgotten as a whole, but bits of it remain canon. All the members of Chewbacca's family are still around (though his son abbreviates his name to Waroo), Ackmena (Bea Arthur's character) is the night bartender at the cantina in Mos Eisley, and the Whip-Whip-Stir chef (I've blanked on her name!) has been name checked as a famous chef who inspired Cookie Struggs - the guy behind the menu at Docking Bay 7.

And as for Life Day:

https://www.starwars.com/databank/life-day
I'm told there is some Life Day mention somewhere in the radio loop at GE, but I sure haven't heard all of it yet!!!!!

(The main reason for so much from the Special being salvaged, is that George did come up with the initial idea for it, though it veered sharply, and that so many of the designs were done by McQuarrie and Johnston. Same reason a lot of concepts from the Ewok movies have survived, even if the movies themselves aren't canon.) :sunny:

I think one of my favorite moments on the whole "if you can find it" path was when "Weird Al" Yankovic, in his "White & Nerdy" music video, had his character make a buy in an alley from a shady character to get a bootleg copy of the Holiday Special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter