Christmas at Walt Disney World

lyndon1

Mr UPS
Our family recently became DVC owners, we closed last week. Pondering banking our points for next years 7 day Western cruise we have decided to take a trip this year and see the splendor of WDW during the Christmas season.

My questions are two fold. First of all how early does Christmas begin at WDW? We are planning on being there sometime after Thanksgiving but before Christmas. And to all the DVC veterans. My home resort is VWL but does anyone believe I will have any problems getting a reservation for 5 days or more? I noticed that this time is quite affordable points wise so I'm betting that it will be difficult to get a room. Size of the room is not important, there are only four of us but a 1 bedroom would be ideal.

Thanks for your help.............another reason we purchased was because of the great support that the boards provide.

The Girvins
Lyndon and Cathy

Our family has been going at the beginging of Dec for the past 3 years...the first year we bought into DVC we went Christmas thru NY and while it was the best Christmas we ever had I would not do it again well maybe not cause the parks were so crowded...we switched to the early part of Dec and we have LOVED IT...the parks and ALL the resorts are decorated right after Thanksgiving and you are right it is a low point useage for DVC members...RUN DON'T WALK TO MAKE THE RESSIES NOW..DID I SAY NOW YES RIGHT NOW..if by any chance you can't get them call your guide and tell him or her that you want to go at that time...you may not get VWL or BWV but I am pretty sure you might get OKW as it is the biggest one...call 1st thing tommorrow morning and try to book it and go on the waitlist for VWL if not available...book OKW and go on the waitlist if you have to...when you go down you will find that the reorts are so BEAUTIFUL!! Take the monarail and go to the GF, Poly and just look at all the decorations there...they are awesome...the GF even has FREE hot chestnuts in the front of the entrance make sure you get a handful...you will have a great time at that time of year..just remember the weather can be hot or cold at that time of year make sure you bring jackets & GLOVES...any other ? feel free to ask...have fun & WELCOME HOME...PS try to get a 1 bedroom or a 2 bedroom at least...Marianne :earsgirl: :wave:

Can't beat the Christmas holiday season at WDW!

If you are flexible, I would call MS right away and see what is available at any DVC resort in WDW. This is a heavily booked time since the points are low. We went the first 2 weeks of December last year and had a GREAT time. We go back to our usual January schedule this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter