Christmas Decorations Crafts to Make With Kids

Curious & Curiouser

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone :yay:
My & my three kiddies are really into crafting, and will be staying at the Fort in a cabin for the 1st time during Christmas time :santa: (also a 1st). So what I am looking for is Chistmas decorations to make with the kids to decorate the inside of our cabin to bring the Disney Christmas Magic inside. But we are having a hard time finding Disney Crafts. :confused3

Please help ! :worship: I need some ideas :idea:

Pretty Please with a cherry on top :love:

What kind of crafts?

Something I have suggested before is the beads on a pipe cleaner that you can shape into anything including a mickey head...use red and/or green beads--plastic or glass.

You can find clear glass (and sometimes plastic) ball-shaped ornaments at craft stores. I wrote with a paint pen on the outside for each of my DS's classmates in pre-k and they used q-tips with acrylic paints on the inside.

Sometimes you can find (or you can make relatively simply) a plain stocking that you decorate with any number of things...paint pens, jingle bells, pompoms, ribbon, glitter, iron-ons....

Buy some shiny (metallic or cellophane) wrapping paper and cut out mickey heads...as many as you can. Thread a yarn needle with yarn or string and "stitch" the mickey heads on using an "up & down" through each one to make garland.

Take bells and using pipe cleaners or yarn or string or wire and thread them on one after another shaping as you go into a mickey head.

There is typically some Christmas themed Disney fabrics available. If any of you sew, you can make lots of things with them. Recently I have seen the pattern again for a fabric Christmas tree (I first saw it in elementary school when my DM made some). Basically you cut out six equal size Christmas tree shaped pieces of fabric about 18 inches high and almost as wide at the bottom. Then you stitch 3 sets of two together leaving the bottom open to turn and stuff. After turning all 3, stack them one on another and stitch straight down the middle. Stuff each section and slipstitch close the bottom openings. You can leave it as is or even add additional decorations to the tips and top,etc.

I will try to think of others.

:santa: Love it ! these are great thank you soooo much ! :worship: ... I am usally very creative but we have never stayed in a cabin at the fort and never at christmas time, so iam drawing a blank on how to decorate the inside ... love these please keep em coming ! :lovestruc

Could you make paper chains with Disney Christmas wrapping paper? (And sellotape;)). Cut strips, make one strip into a circle with tape, thread next strip through...you get it, I'm sure!:rolleyes1 Not sure how you'd fix them, but maybe you could just drape them about. Or what about window clings or shrinkles?

You can take 1 medium Christmas ornament and glue 2 small ones on each side at the top to make a Mickey head.

I did the same thing with bells

I made these. I got the stockings at Target, cut felt mickey heads and a hat and clued white pom poms to it.

IMG_1781-1.jpg

:worship: Love it !!! :worship: :woohoo: IDEAAAAA ok these stockings hung in our cabin at the Fort and each morning me n dad slip a small surprise in !!!! :cheer2: thank you soooo much :lovestruc

KEEP EM COMING !

We hung the stockings on the dressers at the hotel. I didn't want to bring the ones from home (hand made by my grandma).

I'm thinking about bringing the 3M hangers that stick and peel from the wall next time. Maybe stick them to the door. the dresser didn't work out so well.

Are there stoves in the cabin? If there are you can print coloring pages on Shrinky dinks (can find those in most major craft stores). Have the kids color them and shrink those for ornaments.

Shrinky dinks r a great idea ! we bought a 14inch tree with ligts very small and those would make awsome small ornaments !

AWSOME IDEAS KEEP EM COMING ! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter