Christmas Fantasy Cruise December 15, 2012

LuvEeyore

DIS Veteran
Decided to start my trip report since my cruise is so close:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
Cast of Characters
DM-my 75 year old mom who loves Disney and has cruised 3 times previously once DCL in 2005 and hasn't liked another cruiseline since
Me-now 46 and this will be about 2 weeks before my 48th birthday
I love all things Disney and cruising. I am working as a Labor and Delivery RN in a very busy unitand trying to get my qualifications as a chaplain and caring for Mom who has early alzheimers.
Tink-age 16 who will be 18 about 6 weeks before we go and had the dream for this cruise
Tinks VBF-age 16 who will be 18 about 5 weeks before we go

The dream for the cruise was Tink and her VBF decided when they werein 6th or 7th grade that they wanted to go on a Disney cruise after graduation in June 2013. Tink was talking about it about a year or so ago and I informed she she couldnt book herown cruise at age18 and she looked at me and said "But you can and we both like you so you can go with us!!"
Both girls are good students with great heads on their shoulders but are from dual households because of divorce. They both will probably be working part time by then. I suggested that I take Tink in the summer of 2012 and she ruled that out. I told her no about after graduation because I did not want to compete with her parents. Tink suggested during a break her senior year, so Dec 15 sailing looks likethe least school missed so it win!!
Tink has never gotten toys from me as gifts and when she was younger (like age 10) she decided that she would like to not get any gifts during the year but get to travel with me every couple of years. She looked at me when Itold her today that we were booked and her friend is going as well, she smile and said "I love my next Christmas presents, birthday presents and my early graduation present. This will be fun!!"
She looked at her vbf and said,"Your parents dais yes?" To which VBF replied, "Yes but I have to get my own trip paid for!!" Tink said,"Okay, timeto check Sundays paper for work wanted ads!!":cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I booked a category 10A and Category 6a on deck 9 of the FANTASY for the December 15,2012 sailing.

So much to to:

Make two fish extenders
make FE gifts
do door decorations
reearch the ship
research and plan shore exchursions
make Palo ressies
pack
look for pictures of our rooms and stateroom reports

Oh I forgot...get the trip paid for, wait for the ship to be built, plan Mom's surprise 76th Birthday which is in 3 weeks.:goofy::eeyore::goofy:

Guess I have to do first things first.

Any one out there going on the cruise with me??

Any one got pictures of Dream rooms9170and 9669 or room reviews?

Guess it is time for reality instead of FANTASY:confused::confused::confused:

More to come over the next 18 months

Decided to start my trip report since my cruise is so close:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
Cast of Characters
DM-my 75 year old mom who loves Disney and has cruised 3 times previously once DCL in 2005 and hasn't liked another cruiseline since
Me-now 46 and this will be about 2 weeks before my 48th birthday
I love all things Disney and cruising. I am working as a Labor and Delivery RN in a very busy unitand trying to get my qualifications as a chaplain and caring for Mom who has early alzheimers.
Tink-age 16 who will be 18 about 6 weeks before we go and had the dream for this cruise
Tinks VBF-age 16 who will be 18 about 5 weeks before we go

The dream for the cruise was Tink and her VBF decided when they werein 6th or 7th grade that they wanted to go on a Disney cruise after graduation in June 2013. Tink was talking about it about a year or so ago and I informed she she couldnt book herown cruise at age18 and she looked at me and said "But you can and we both like you so you can go with us!!"
Both girls are good students with great heads on their shoulders but are from dual households because of divorce. They both will probably be working part time by then. I suggested that I take Tink in the summer of 2012 and she ruled that out. I told her no about after graduation because I did not want to compete with her parents. Tink suggested during a break her senior year, so Dec 15 sailing looks likethe least school missed so it win!!
Tink has never gotten toys from me as gifts and when she was younger (like age 10) she decided that she would like to not get any gifts during the year but get to travel with me every couple of years. She looked at me when Itold her today that we were booked and her friend is going as well, she smile and said "I love my next Christmas presents, birthday presents and my early graduation present. This will be fun!!"
She looked at her vbf and said,"Your parents dais yes?" To which VBF replied, "Yes but I have to get my own trip paid for!!" Tink said,"Okay, timeto check Sundays paper for work wanted ads!!":cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I booked a category 10A and Category 6a on deck 9 of the FANTASY for the December 15,2012 sailing.

So much to to:

Make two fish extenderslooked online at a couple when resting
make FE gifts
do door decorations
reearch the ship watched Samantha Browns Blog segments about the Dreamresearch and plan shore exchursions
make Palo ressies
pack
look for pictures of our rooms and stateroom reports saw a balcony onmyroom

Oh I forgot...get the trip paid for, wait for the ship to be built, plan Mom's surprise 76th Birthday which is in 3 weeks.:goofy::eeyore::goofy:Mom guest dlist done, menu planned, surprise visit from her older brother may get to come. Email and facebook invites done!! Party shopping list done.

Guess I am working and paying for the trip since I am scheduled to work 36_ hours in the next threedays so off to bed!!:rotfl2:

Guess I have to do first things first.
Any one out there going on the cruise with me??

Any one got pictures of Dream rooms9170and 9669 or room reviews?

Guess it is time for reality instead of FANTASY:confused::confused::confused:

More to come over the next 18 months
back to realith...the alarm will go off at 0415 Nite Nite all!!:scared1::scared1:

I now have 4 days to dream of the Fantasy before reality (work) sets back in.

Birthday party planned and invites out!!
Cruise paid for(I wish!!)

FE gifts(got ideas) may start some book marks. And got a bunch of ideas.

Got a nookbook about San Juan sights down loaded.

The girls have made a descision-if going to Vibe means they cannot go to the clubs or Palo, spa or adult pool-no Vibe.

Amazing how a cruise 20 months from now is coming together.

:worship::santa:

Have they released the dates that far out yet?

I am on the Jan 29 2012 dream cruise and thought about booking the fantasy while on board.

Enjoy your trip:)

Have they released the dates that far out yet?

I am on the Jan 29 2012 dream cruise and thought about booking the fantasy while on board.

Enjoy your trip:)
They are available throughDCL, not online yet. We are having fun just planning so i cant wait to actually get there.

The to-do list is shrinking
April 14BDay party-10 days away.
ideas for FE are coming along. have found silly bands on sale. have got a couple of ideas to start soon
Another payment made

Checking out trip reports daily.

Looked at new iteneriaries and kept what we had.

Another couple of payments on the cruise have been made!!:cool1:

Birthday party for Mom was great!!(another check off of list)

Request went in at work yesterday for the week before Christmas 2012 (In our department, we cannot take a weeks vacation Chirstmas week.) I aslo requested from Dec 13-23, 2012 off!!:banana::banana::banana:

Been surfing the DIS and getting FE ideas and gift ideas. Already got the stuff to start generic gifts like book marks, etc.

Anyone seen any veragated yarn in red, black and white?

:goodvibes The to do list is being whittled away.
We are getting the balance down on our rooms.:cool1::cool1:
Have started FE gifts--we are 18 months away.
I am watching the Myer Werft website and watching the updates that are unfolding from Disney about the Fantasy.

I'm on this sailing with you - so decided to come on in for your Pre-trip report!

Glad to have you aon board!! Gotto do something while I wait 567 more days I think it is!! Got to find pictures of the gang and get them up soon, but soon is relative with 18 months to go!!

how do i put my ticker on every post without copying and pasting the link all the time?
TY I need help asap!

I think you have to get above 10-15 posts (so go post on some interesting threads....)

Then... go to the upper left corner, click on User CP, click on edit signature and you should be able to post it there... Good luck!!!

Yes you should....

I would also go to the cruise meets thread and introduce yourself... (there's indexes on the top for ship and year...)

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85

Also... if you have ANY questions... don't hesitate to ask them on the main cruise threads... SOMEONE will absolutely answer!!!

And don't forget to order Mickey Bars from Room service!!! :goodvibes

It's dinner time on the east coast... :confused3

& yes... it is not written in the Room service menu, but you CAN call and order Mickey bars... and if you have kids... they will also bring cookies and milk... (even if you are not traveling with kids!!!) The Cheese plate is a nice addition if you have time before dinner and need a snack.

Hi
We just returned for the Transatlantic cruise (May 14-May28). Before we left for this cruise I booked the same Dec 15 2012 Fantasy cruise. It's a long way away but time flies. The good portion of the fun is the preparation and excitement beforehand. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter