Christmas mass - Catholic?

pentex

DIS Veteran
Not sure where to post this....does anyone know the place (thought it was at Polynesian) for Catholic mass on Christmas? I called WDW and they didn't know...

In the past, they have had Christmas and Easter Mass and Protestant services at the Contemporary Resort Ballroom.

As far as I know there are no Catholic Masses on property anymore. The priests that used to say masses there are the priest from "Mary Queen of the Universe Shrine". It is not far from DTD. It is a beautiful place to visit and hear mass.

NJmouse said:
As far as I know there are no Catholic Masses on property anymore. The priests that used to say masses there are the priest from "Mary Queen of the Universe Shrine". It is not far from DTD. It is a beautiful place to visit and hear mass.

This is true for Sunday masses but even after those were discontinued, Easter and Christmas masses were still celebrated at the CR. We were there Christmas Day 2002 and only got word Christmas Eve Day that the services were to be offered. This was the first holiday after the Sunday masses were discontinued.

We have gone to Mary Queen of Universe Shrine many times while visiting WDW, and it's wonderful. Very welcoming and friendly. And it's not far from WDW property at all - just on the other side of I-4 from Crossroads area (you can see it from I-4).

Last year we were at BWV until the 23rd of December, and we already had received notice that there would be a Catholic Mass at the Contemp. Convention Center on Christmas.

Bobbi :sunny:

Chances are they will once again have Mass at the Contemporary on Christmas Day.

If you have transportation, the Shrine is absolutely beautiful at Christmas and they have a lovely life-size Nativity scene. Here's the link to the website.
Mary Queen of the Universe Shrine Usually they have a Christmas Eve Mass in the evening and at Midnight and then a variety of Masses on Christmas Day. They should post a schedule as we get closer to Christmas. You can also check/e-mail the Shrine to ask about the Disney schedule because they provide those Masses as well.

It's not far from Downtown Disney and very near the Premium Outlets. You can also get there by cab.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter