Christmas Shopping 2010

Sooo... your girls have played with some of the dolls already right? How have they held up to play? I am a bit worried because I keep seeing reviews of arms and legs falling off and going missing. I know they are supposed to come off (I don't quite get that but whatever LOL) but I would hope it took a little exertion to get them apart and not just that they drop off during play. If DD hadn't mentioned these a couple of times after seeing the movie I wouldn't have bought them (based on the reviews) but since she wants them I am hoping they will hold up for play. She does know to be careful with toys so I don't worry about her being too rough with them.

Great question!! I was wondering the same thing. When looking at the dolls I can see the articulation points where they should be removable but I have read many bad reviews about a small piece of elastic that breaks in the leg itself and then you are unable to re-attach the leg! I have had luck and have 5dolls but now I'm reconsidering if they're going to break soon after they play with them..

I've never heard of these dolls, so i did a bit of searching. They're obviously not that big here in the UK yet as all the online retailers seem to have them at around £14.99 and in stock too. Not sure what the import costs would be? Could that be an option? I know I buy from the US often.

Yes, we play with them. We already have Clawdeen, Draculaura and Frankie. And yes, the arms do pull right off. You don't really need to use force to get it off either, it will just pull right out. They don't fall off during play (unless its rough) so I wouldn't worry about that. We have yet to lose any arms. The legs do not come off. I just gave one a little tug to make sure and they are not meant to come off. Not sure why they would make them like that, I think it's weird why you would want a doll's arms to pull off. Just like the darn bratz and moxie feet :confused3 We have had ours since Septmeber and they get played with everday.

I'm not really worried about losing arms because when one of ours comes off, my girls put it right back on. So I guess unless they start neglecting them and leave them laying around armless, we should be good :rotfl:

My girls LOVE them so much, they are so looking forward to getting more for Christmas. So don't worry about the arms. :santa:

Yes, we play with them. We already have Clawdeen, Draculaura and Frankie. And yes, the arms do pull right off. You don't really need to use force to get it off either, it will just pull right out. They don't fall off during play (unless its rough) so I wouldn't worry about that. We have yet to lose any arms. The legs do not come off. I just gave one a little tug to make sure and they are not meant to come off. Not sure why they would make them like that, I think it's weird why you would want a doll's arms to pull off. Just like the darn bratz and moxie feet :confused3 We have had ours since Septmeber and they get played with everday.

I'm not really worried about losing arms because when one of ours comes off, my girls put it right back on. So I guess unless they start neglecting them and leave them laying around armless, we should be good :rotfl:

My girls LOVE them so much, they are so looking forward to getting more for Christmas. So don't worry about the arms. :santa:

Thanks! Hopefull they'll hold up to play and they won't lose any arms or legs ;) LOL

Thank you, that makes me feel better :) but EWWW the Moxie's have those stupid feet?! Darnit! I didn't know that or I never would have shown them to DD. Now she wants them (and I bought them) but that freaks me out. I refuse to buy a Liv doll because of the hair thing. What is wrong with Barbie's who keep their hair, and arms, and feet?!! :rotfl:

Well, I gave in an bought Clawdeen off Ebay last night. Not an outrageous amount. $38 shipped to my door. I really wanted to be able to see my daughter's face on Xmas morning. She has been begging for her!

Then...one of the tracker's just worked and I was able to get Frankiestein from Etoys!!:thumbsup2 That's a bonus!

So, we have Draculaura, Clawdeen and Frankiestein. The three that my daughter had showed me online multiple times.

The search is over!!

Thanks for all of the great tips, everyone. Very much appreciated!

Well, I gave in an bought Clawdeen off Ebay last night. Not an outrageous amount. $38 shipped to my door. I really wanted to be able to see my daughter's face on Xmas morning. She has been begging for her!

Then...one of the tracker's just worked and I was able to get Frankiestein from Etoys!!:thumbsup2 That's a bonus!

So, we have Draculaura, Clawdeen and Frankiestein. The three that my daughter had showed me online multiple times.

The search is over!!

:thumbsup2 Yay! We have Draculaura, Frankie, and Lagoona. Frankie was the only one she *asked* for but we both love vampires and I think Lagoona is just too cool LOL My mom is giving her the Cleo set and an iCoffin so I think she is pretty Monster High'd out ;) I know what you mean about paying extra to see their face - I bought a Nellie off eBay for twice what she would have cost if I had known to order her before they discontinued her (but DD was too young for AG then so I didn't give it a thought) but it is brand new and she will flip out because she is just sure there are no more Nellie's :upsidedow And I was going to get DS the Harry Potter Lionel train from Amazon, it was $115 for DAYS but, of course, now that I have stopped waffling and decided to buy it the silly thing has shot up to $140 :scared1: It will still fit the budget but it irks me none the less. :headache:

I am making progress.......I just ordered the inlaws gift from Harry & Davids and saved 25%...........still expensive, but they will really enjoy the fruit I think. Also bought DD14 gift the other day. Cant say what it is but lets just say WM didnt take their signs down and they had to honor the sign. Picked up a couple things for DD17..........still need to get her big gift tho. Have a few odds and ends and Im calling it good.

Sorry to be so vague, but DD14 sometimes reads the boards and I dont want to give anything away...

Woo Hoo more shopping done! I picked up The XBox 360 4G with 2 wireless controllers and got three games all with the money my mom sent me to buy a family gift. Finally found the darn doll. It was little mommy Baby Achoo and I knew that and had been searching for that I just posted wrong the first time. So now I've got that. Also bought DD13's guitar. Found a better one than the one I was originally looking at for $60 off on sale so I'm thrilled. I have her convinced she's not getting one so I can't wait to see her face. Also bought more art stuff for my neighbor and DH mentioned today he wanted to start sketching again so I got him some stuff. The one major thing I did that was definatley not on my list was to buy us all season passes to the local amusement park from Santa. That was a wild hair and I don't know what I was thinking but oh well my kids will be exstatic.

Thank you, that makes me feel better :) but EWWW the Moxie's have those stupid feet?! Darnit! I didn't know that or I never would have shown them to DD. Now she wants them (and I bought them) but that freaks me out. I refuse to buy a Liv doll because of the hair thing. What is wrong with Barbie's who keep their hair, and arms, and feet?!! :rotfl:

Yeah, no idea what's up with the removable body parts :confused3 We have Liv dolls too and believe it or not they all still have their wigs on, and I was freaked out at first, but they actually look cute without them too. My girls just love barbies and anything remotely similar. You should see their rooms. Filled with doll houses and dolls. I love it! Any doll I purchase (not baby doll, oddly enough, that's not thier thing) will get played with over and over and over. So even if their hair falls out, and arms and feet fall off, it will always be worth the money to me :rotfl:

The search is over!!

All right! That's really not a bad price considering what they're going to go up to as it gets closer to Christmas. I would have bought her off ebay too. There's only 23 days til Christmas, you were smart not taking the chance.

Doesn't it feel wonderful when "the search" is over. I actually had a stress headache the week I was looking for mine. I was it for days straight until I found them. :rolleyes1

I know I just commented 23 days until Christmas (Thats because on our countdown we count up to Christmas Eve because that's a big day for us.)

BUT THERE ARE ONLY 24 SHOPPING DAYS LEFT :dance3:

I know I just commented 23 days until Christmas (Thats because on our countdown we count up to Christmas Eve because that's a big day for us.)

BUT THERE ARE ONLY 24 SHOPPING DAYS LEFT :dance3:

No! Don't say that! Lol. I'm not ready at all :(

I found out yesterday that Tim is buying a whole TRU wish list that his ex-wife made....but I have no idea who the gifts are going to be from :confused3. It'd be nice to know, hopefully it's from us though! Lol. It just kinda urked me a little because we had our own ideas and she's telling us what to spend money on.....ah well. What can you do?

Well I was in WM yesterday and I found the Zhu Zhu princess castle and ballroom and thought it was cute and DD6 has always asked for the zhu zhu pets but I never gave in until I seen this. So I went ahead and picked up both plus the pink princess hamster I also found a CD that my DD11 added to her list this weekend on sale for $5. I also picked up a Wii during BF and got extra controllers now I need to pick up a few good games. I am so glad the whole Monster High is behind me. I never thought I would have found them all but we have them all now. I finally seen Clawdeen, Lagoona, Frankie and Draculara time at our local WM yesterday for the first in months.

I found out yesterday that Tim is buying a whole TRU wish list that his ex-wife made....but I have no idea who the gifts are going to be from :confused3. It'd be nice to know, hopefully it's from us though! Lol. It just kinda urked me a little because we had our own ideas and she's telling us what to spend money on.....ah well. What can you do?

I certainly hope you all get credit for it! Is he shipping it to her? If you all will see them at Christmas can he ship it to you guys and then you all give it to them.

As far as her "telling you" what to spend money on.......I don't know your BF but if he is anything like my husband he must, must, MUST be told what to buy LOL I made a wish list for our kids too (and he then logged in and ordered the items - it made him feel involved and it made me feel better knowing they wouldn't be :confused: when they unwrapped the gifts.) Most likely she either added the items they have been asking for or she let them make a list but used her name so it would all be together. Hopefully, it is what they want so your money will be well spent :)

I certainly hope you all get credit for it! Is he shipping it to her? If you all will see them at Christmas can he ship it to you guys and then you all give it to them.

As far as her "telling you" what to spend money on.......I don't know your BF but if he is anything like my husband he must, must, MUST be told what to buy LOL I made a wish list for our kids too (and he then logged in and ordered the items - it made him feel involved and it made me feel better knowing they wouldn't be :confused: when they unwrapped the gifts.) Most likely she either added the items they have been asking for or she let them make a list but used her name so it would all be together. Hopefully, it is what they want so your money will be well spent :)

The gifts are being split down the middle, so I insisted on first pick :rotfl:. I figured it was fair. When I picked though, apparently one of the gifts I picked for DD6 was for DD8....it was a barbie thing and DD8 specifically said no dolls....:confused3 I told Tim and he said he's going to straighten it out.

She asked for something else to be split and I said "no way." It was some barbie dream house for both girls. But 1 of the girls wouldn't like it! :sad2: I feel weird that I know this and their own mother doesn't....:rolleyes1

All right! That's really not a bad price considering what they're going to go up to as it gets closer to Christmas. I would have bought her off ebay too. There's only 23 days til Christmas, you were smart not taking the chance.

Doesn't it feel wonderful when "the search" is over. I actually had a stress headache the week I was looking for mine. I was it for days straight until I found them. :rolleyes1

Yeah, that price was the best we saw so, we jumped. I am glad we did.
It is a wonderful thing not to have to stress over those dang dolls anymore!;)

No! Don't say that! Lol. I'm not ready at all :(

Well, it's coming! So get ready :rotfl: My 14 yr old is actually my stepson, so I know how that can be. We used to worry about who was buying what, but it didn't really work out for anyone involved. We've always did our own thing. We talk to my stepson's mom of course to make sure we don't buy double, but basically if he's asking for something whoever says their buying first, buys it. That technique has always worked well for us.

Well I was in WM yesterday and I found the Zhu Zhu princess castle and ballroom and thought it was cute and DD6 has always asked for the zhu zhu pets but I never gave in until I seen this. So I went ahead and picked up both plus the pink princess hamster I also found a CD that my DD11 added to her list this weekend on sale for $5. I also picked up a Wii during BF and got extra controllers now I need to pick up a few good games. I am so glad the whole Monster High is behind me. I never thought I would have found them all but we have them all now. I finally seen Clawdeen, Lagoona, Frankie and Draculara time at our local WM yesterday for the first in months.

Just wanted to say that I saw that castle on tv the other day and thought it was adorable. If it wasn't so close to Christmas and I didn't already have a load of stuff for the kids i'd probably pick that up. They aren't saying they want it, but they do love their zhu zhu's so i know they'd like it.

Finally getting DS's C-mas put together *DD has been done for awhile **she's too easy/fun to shop for :lovestruc

I already have for him ~ *this* and *this* *I paid $93 for it ~ had I waited I could've got it for less from barnesandnoble.com oh well :rolleyes: and *this* ordered from barnesandnoble.com with a code *got it for $29.88 :woohoo:
Percy Jackson Blu-Ray/DVD combo and Harry Potter 1-6 DVDs will arrive today.

Just now I ordered *this* which is on his list and *this* and books 2-6 from the How to Train your Dragon series *another request from his wish list.

I think I'm about done for him - he wants an I touch *but I think I'll wait for his B-day *April*

I feel weird that I know this and their own mother doesn't....:rolleyes1

As a stepmother myself, let me tell you - JUST WAIT!! I can't tell you the times DH and I went to Parent-Teacher and the teacher told us SS's mom was a no show or how many birthday parties we had for him and she has only had one (his first birthday) in his 14 years :( But, of course, if I ever say something she doesn't like she is quick to point out "I'M his MOTHER!!" LOL

If it wasn't so close to Christmas and I didn't already have a load of stuff for the kids i'd probably pick that up. They aren't saying they want it, but they do love their zhu zhu's so i know they'd like it.

:thumbsup2 I feel the SAME way. I think the kids will really like their gifts but I feel like I over-bought this year a bit because I started early and then things have been popping up and I would think "Oh, they would LOVE that." LOL Maybe I need some sort of intervention :rolleyes:

Finally getting DS's C-mas put together *DD has been done for awhile **she's too easy/fun to shop for :lovestruc

I already have for him ~ *this* and *this* *I paid $93 for it ~ had I waited I could've got it for less from barnesandnoble.com oh well :rolleyes: and *this* ordered from barnesandnoble.com with a code *got it for $29.88 :woohoo:
Percy Jackson Blu-Ray/DVD combo and Harry Potter 1-6 DVDs will arrive today.

Just now I ordered *this* which is on his list and *this* and books 2-6 from the How to Train your Dragon series *another request from his wish list.

I think I'm about done for him - he wants an I touch *but I think I'll wait for his B-day *April*

I have 1 DD, 2 DS's, and a stepson. I can shop all day for DD and find TONS but I really have to work to find things for my boys (unless I just wanted to give them oodles of video games which I don't.) One of the reasons we ended up with so many presents was because I would find something and know that DD would love it and then would have to find something comparable for the boys. Thank heavens for Legos and Nerf :laughing: I am totally jealous of the price you got Hagrid's Hut for, by the way!! Well done!

I think I just made a huge mistake. I ordered an Xbox 360 from target with free standard shipping yesterday. Tonight I double checked my order confirmation because my card has not been charged yet and found that it was expected to arrive between Dec 21 and Jan 6 I don't know how I missed that. This is the gift from my mother and she would be very upset if the kids didn't have it to open on Christmas. I have no idea if I should cancel or if it's likely that I will get it before Christmas and if I cancel where would I find another xbox 360? Ugh, any advise would be greatly appreciated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter