Christmas transformation?

We4mickey

Cast Member
We have been to DW too many times to count. This time however, we will be going over Thanksgiving with the hopes of being able to watch them change the hotel lobbies to Christmas while we are there. Does anyone know when exactly they do this? Is there somewhere to call and find out? Thanks

We got there the Tuesday before Thanksgiving last year. They seemed to do it little by little. There was something new every time we walked by the same spot in our hotel. I think everything was done by Thanksgiving, but I'm not absolutely positive.

The transformation used to happen overnight Thanksgiving. But, WDW has grown so much that it became impossible. Generally, most of the decorations will be up by Thanksgiving.

I don't know the actual answer to your question but I will let you know that a few years ago I watched the Wilderness Lodge put up their Christmas tree overnight. Well I didn't watch the whole thing cause we had to get back to Fort Wilderness and we were on the mercy of Disney transportation but we did watch them get a start on it. It was done about 3 days before Thanksgiving.

We had just stopped by the lodge to press a coin but saw that they were working on the tree so we decided to stick around for a while. We got snacks from the Roaring Fork and made ourselves at home on a couch in the lobby and watched them work :D We weren't the only ones there either and it was quite late. So if you were to stick around all night to watch them finish I figure you wouldn't be the only one there. Just make sure that you have a way home to FW :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter