Cinderella castle refurbishment

I think the blue color is awesome. I think the pink and gold combo isn't great. I think the two lightish colors blend in too much in the pictures I see. I imagine they wanted the gold to be highlights, but they don't stand out as much imo.

Not a fan of the pink.

Here's the newly refurbished Tokyo Disneyland castle:

Now why in the world didn't they use THAT blue on the MK turret roofs? I think that looks a lot better. It doesn't clash with the other colors.

I don't think you can paint something planning for it to fade. Most outdoor paints are formulated to NOT fade for a very long time. So the color on the MK castle is going to last until it's repainted. If it fades drastically in a year then there's something really wrong with the paint.

I think if they wanted it a lighter blue they would have simply painted it that way to begin with.

Saw the new colors in person the other day and found them to be a bit more vivid than the last paint job. I think it’s fine but I guess I don’t tend to obsess over Disney minutiae so that could explain why I don’t find it objectionable. But we all like different things so I get the point of those who hate it!. 😎

I'm in two minds. :scratchin It's very vibrant and I suspect that's what Disney wants - a really standout landmark. The other side of that is that it doesn't sit quite so well with its surroundings and Walt was a stickler for ensuring every detail, from every angle, complemented one another.

I liked the gentler, more romantic version (especially the old rose garden view) that seemed more 'real' somehow.

I really need to see it in person, though, and I don't know when that's going to happen!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter