Cinderella-themed party menu?

BeccaGrace

Reads Disney Menus When She's Sad
I am having two Cinderella-themed parties for dd-5's birthday next month. One is all family (mostly adults) and the other is 4 of her friends (and their mom's). I love making the food fit the theme of my parties but I am running into major menu dilemmas!

Dessert is easy...I am making a castle cake, slipper cookies for the kids to decorate and bread pudding and vanilla sauce like the one at 1900 Park Fare. I'm also doing the strawberry soup but can't decide it it will be an appetizer or dessert...I'm leaning towards dessert since I like to dip fruit in it.

For the kids party I was going to use cookie cutters to make star shaped sandwiches and stick a pretzel rod in to look like a magic wand. Kind of silly but food they will eat while still fitting theme-wise. I also usually make mac & cheese but can't find any princess-y shaped pasta or some way to make it fit other than to say it's cheese for the mice:)
I still need some finger food/appetizer ideas for that party.

For the family party I might do the sandwiches also since it is a lunch. I need other ideas though! I usually do 2-3 appetizer things, 1-2 hot items and side items. I'll do cheese and crackers for Jaq & Gus...if I can find a pumpkin this time of year I found an idea online about cleaning it out to use for dip but make it look like the carriage. If I can't find a pumpkin I'll hollow out a round loaf and use crackers to look like wheels.

I think the worst dilemma is main courses...any help will be GREATLY appreciated!

Oh--and does anyone know of a non-alcoholic punch recipe that comes out baby blue colored? All I could think of was like that blue kool-aid, a clear soda and vanilla ice cream but I think Sprite or 7-Up would make it too sweet but ginger ale might taste weird?

Thanks in advance for any ideas...I'd love to get the menu out of the way:)

Sorry, not much help here, but I can help with the punch! We like equal parts of white grape juice and sprite with a little 'whatever colored' juice you like thrown in. You might try a small batch with some blue rasperry koolaid in it, just add a little koolaid at a time until the color is right!

Have a beautiful party!

For the punch you could add mineral water or club soda and that shouldn't affect the taste.

For main dishes, you could do a kind of chili with stewed pumpkin in it, and serve it in a hollowed out pumpkin (if you can find it). You could also do a really fancy meal and call it Prince Charming's Banquet.

Don't forget to buy edible glitter, to sprinkle on all your food (Fairy Godmother sprinkles). There's no taste, but it makes things look pretty, especially mashed potatoes. We used it for my daughter's fairy birthday party, and it made even raw veggies look appetizing! You could also make Fairy Godmother wands out of bamboo skewers and then use star or flower cookie cutters to cut out melon pieces. Then thread grapes, strawberries, etc. on the skewer and top with a star or flower melon slice.

Thank you both!!! I love the punch ideas and I never heard of edible glitter!!!! I will definitely be looking into that, and will definitely do the fruit skewer/wands...it will look great with the strawberry soup!
Thanks again!!

You can find the edible glitter in most cake decorating stores. It's totally flavorless, and comes in many colors. I got the iridescent because I knew it would really sparkle. I also sprinkled it on the table for a sparkly look.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

I have two versions of The Disney Party Handbook. Both have a Cinderella party listed.

They suggest a menu of:
Princess Pasta (a spaghetti dish) served with breadstick "brooms"
Royal Coach Wheels Primavera ( a dressed-up macaroni and cheese salad)
Cinderella's Carriage (either a pumpkin or butternut squash carriage pulled by white radish horses, filled with dip, served with veggies to dip)
Frosty Ice Cream Pumpkins (orange sherbet dips with cinnamon stick stems)
Castle Cake
Glass Slipper Soda (Wash a new rubber shoe protector, tape heel opening with plastic tape fill with water and freeze. Float in a punchbowl filled with 4 liters of pink ginger ale.)

By the way, they have a Caribbean Blue Cooler recipe:
Prepare blue Koolaid. Pour into ice cube trays and freeze. Serve ice cubes in glasses. Fill with 4 liters of ginger ale.

If you want any of the recipes, just let me know. They also have games and activites listed.

MerryPoppins said:
I have two versions of The Disney Party Handbook. Both have a Cinderella party listed.

They suggest a menu of:
Princess Pasta (a spaghetti dish) served with breadstick "brooms"
Royal Coach Wheels Primavera ( a dressed-up macaroni and cheese salad)
Cinderella's Carriage (either a pumpkin or butternut squash carriage pulled by white radish horses, filled with dip, served with veggies to dip)
Frosty Ice Cream Pumpkins (orange sherbet dips with cinnamon stick stems)
Castle Cake
Glass Slipper Soda (Wash a new rubber shoe protector, tape heel opening with plastic tape fill with water and freeze. Float in a punchbowl filled with 4 liters of pink ginger ale.)

By the way, they have a Caribbean Blue Cooler recipe:
Prepare blue Koolaid. Pour into ice cube trays and freeze. Serve ice cubes in glasses. Fill with 4 liters of ginger ale.

If you want any of the recipes, just let me know. They also have games and activites listed.

I would love the recipes for all of them. This sounds so fun. I have twin 3 year olds that are turning 4 in March. They are obsessed with Cinderella. This could be the ticket for their party. PM me if you want to. Thanks.

Hey -- Great Idea!

Cake Pops are a super easy treat to make - and I found this recipe a few weeks ago on the Disney Families website. Its a way to make cheese mice on crackers (Just like Gus & Jaq) So This link may help:

http://family.go.com/disney/8-disne...gallery-pg/#Princess Party #3 -- Cinderella;4

Any sort of ladylike crustless sandwich sounds like a great idea to me, and that edible glitter is a fantastic idea :goodvibes

Also- for your adult party, you could make an 'adult only' punch with a little bit of Blue Alize liquor... or make your own version of the "Glo-Tini". There are recipes online of the blue liquor drinks & Martinis - and you can buy the glow cubes (pretty inexpensively) online and have them shipped, or try find them at a party store. Then, even if you just serve sprite or juice to the kids, drop a glow cube in the drink for a blue twist!

Our Christmas Tree Shop & Iparty near me in MA sell bright blue glowstick hoop earrings, you could always put those around the stems of plastic glasses for the kids...

Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter