Cinderella's New Look

huhwhat said:
it's the "Kardashification" of Cinderella:headache:

That's the best way to put it. I can't stand the new look :(

Since when did we start messing with the classics Disney? The very films, characters etc that made Walt who he was?

That picture of Cindy's park look doesn't look official to me...just looks like a fan costume.

They all seem much skinnier, which is what bothers me. Walt Disney modelled his original Princesses after actual women during the 50s-60s, and at that point it was actually good to have a little meat on those bones! The originals always seemed to have close-to-normal proportions (not talking about Ariel, Jasmine, Rapunzel, etc.), so making them all super-skinny sends the wrong message to young girls.

Disney never really got into the whole teenage s!ut-fest that Barbie/Bratz milk for all it's worth, and I applauded them for that, but this change shows a weakness to me. Disney is now more willing to use this kind or marketing, with bad body images, to make money as opposed to keeping the princesses clean-cut and wholesome. Sad. :sad2:

Cinderella = my favorite princess. The park redesigns don't seem too severe to me. The animation just looks homogenized and dumbed down. She also appears to have a messier hairstyle, no longer polished and refined.

fail.
:headache:

Still, I won't let it upset me too much. She's still herself in the movie!

Cinderella = my favorite princess. The park redesigns don't seem too severe to me. The animation just looks homogenized and dumbed down. She also appears to have a messier hairstyle, no longer polished and refined.

fail.
:headache:

Still, I won't let it upset me too much. She's still herself in the movie!

Remember that stupid teenager who got kicked out of WDW for dressing like Tink? I compare these new designs to that...shoddy attempts at emulating the classics by complete amateurs.

Alice Royal said:
Remember that stupid teenager who got kicked out of WDW for dressing like Tink? I compare these new designs to that...shoddy attempts at emulating the classics by complete amateurs.

When?

gee surprised they didnt give her some botox and breast augmentation!..and give her an anorexic size 0 figure...ha!

Well that is just completely offensive to me. I'm not sure why you would link anorexia with being a size 0. I, myself, am a size 0 and am completely offended by your statement as I am not now, nor have I ever been anorexic or had an eating disorder.

Personally, I think a lot of people are blowing this out of proportion.

Agreed. All I see when I look at the new princesses are more updated hairstyles and not the gosh awful lumps they had sitting on their heads. Despite what some Pinterest posts say, the princesses have always had some of the WORST hair and the wigs the characters wear in the parks are even worse. I see that with Cinderella they have polished up the face (she basically just has a more defined nose, ears, and bigger eyes), toned down the tan, given her more defined eyelashes, but certainly no more eye makeup than she had, modernized her outfit, and of course, given her a much better hairstyle. No big deal. I like it. I think that it was time for a change. At least as far as the wigs were concerned! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

EpicBilynn said:
Well that is just completely offensive to me. I'm not sure why you would link anorexia with being a size 0. I, myself, am a size 0 and am completely offended by your statement as I am not now, nor have I ever been anorexic or had an eating disorder.

Agreed. All I see when I look at the new princesses are more updated hairstyles and not the gosh awful lumps they had sitting on their heads. Despite what some Pinterest posts say, the princesses have always had some of the WORST hair and the wigs the characters wear in the parks are even worse. I see tha with Cinderella they have polished up the face (she basically just has a more defined nose, ears, and bigger eyes), toned down the tan, given her more defined eyelashes, but certainly no more eye makeup than she had, modernized her outfit, and of course, given her a much better hairstyle. No big deal. I like it. I think that it was time for a change. At least as far as the wigs were concerned! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I think makeup wise, both the face character and the art have a great deal more makeup.
I have to respectfully disagree, I liked the old hair....save Aurora in the parks.

I agree with you! And as someone who's been naturally very slim (without eating disorders) pretty much my whole life I'm used to hear/read comments like that, and general rubbish comments about how beautiful overweight girls are and how ugly models and other slim girls are. Typical comments to make big girls feel better about themselves. It seems to be the politically correct thing to do to be mean to slim people as a group. But we're not all evil and hungry. Try and read those comments and swap the word "slim" or "thin" with "black", them maybe it's easier to see how offensive they are. How about not saying/writing anything negative about any group of people and preferably no one at all?

rebeccaariel said:
I said before that I liked the new dress but not the new hair and was generally skeptical about the whole change, but the more pictures I see of her new outfit, the more I like it.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcbrz3sfyj1qd6ecio3_1280.jpg

I found this picture on a Disney blog I follow, and I actually think she looks gorgeous. I think I'm coming around to this new costume.
I like this picture!

I said before that I liked the new dress but not the new hair and was generally skeptical about the whole change, but the more pictures I see of her new outfit, the more I like it.

I found this picture on a Disney blog I follow, and I actually think she looks gorgeous. I think I'm coming around to this new costume.

I agree, that's a gorgeous picture, and really shows the beauty of the new gown. :goodvibes

She does look very nice there.

I showed the art version to my boyfriend in a bookstore today, comparing the new to the old, and he said she looked the same. He's just an average person though :P

I love that new gown. It just makes me want to share a waltz with her like I was in the movie. Remember that scene, pictured below?

cinderella-dancing.png

I can't wait to see her in that gown when I go to Disney this December!

I am usually up for change or something new. My opinion in this one is leave it the way it was. Cinderella is Cinderella. She is a classic. Don't get me wrong she is still beautiful but I don't think anything should change.

I absolutely loathe the new way the princesses look on the merchandise. They look stupid, why do we have to 'modernize' them? They're all from 100's of years ago!

they are fictional story book characters not historic representations of people from 100's of years ago. They now look more inline with Rapunzel which is also from "100's of years ago". so which is correct?

I am usually up for change or something new. My opinion in this one is leave it the way it was. Cinderella is Cinderella. She is a classic. Don't get me wrong she is still beautiful but I don't think anything should change.

women shouldn't be allowed to vote either. i don't support that change.

fitzperry said:
In a similar vein, how about these? :crazy2:

The Aurora one doesn't look too different at first glance, length aside.:/

Eta: Nvm. Made the picture bigger. I'm wrong. Mobile makes for tiny pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter