Circle Journal COMPLETE

I am typing from my new computer!

We'd be happy to send Bananda a postcard:goodvibes

I am still working on coming up with a them for my CJ.

Whew... finally pretty much to cleaned up everything. What a crazy fun day with family. My DS2 and my DH are still playing... Tomorrow I am off to buy my album and refill pages for the CJ. I got half of my stuff for my book today. It is "Sally Scrapper" she will be traveling with the album to your scrap space.... more will be explained in the CJ.

Another question.
If I included a postcard for each person, do you think they would send one back to me?
Banana collects postcards and altho she is not doing this I think it might be a nice way to include the kiddos.

Great idea with the postcards. I am a collector of postcards myself. LOVE them. Have tons from all over the world, as my husband was a Navy guy at one point. I frame them and hang them in my guest room...at least that is the plan. Haven't gotten around to framing yet, but they are all in a big box patiently waiting.

my album size will be 8x8 and I think my theme will me something along the lines of "Your Disney Favorites." I am going to start working on my title page, tags and rules for my book this weekend so I will let you know about a more specific title then. Happy Holidays!

I think what I will do is make an inside cover pocket and put postcards in there, one for each and a couple of extras in case theres another kiddo who wants one.
Ohana, I have them from around the world too. I used to do alot of penpaling when I was younger, had put my book away, found it and passed it on to Banana.
NM, Sallyscrapper? Sounds interesting!:goodvibes

I like the twist of adding postcards,especially since it is something you have done since you were little and are passing down to banana. Also incorporating it into your scrspping.

It surely is not has silly as a 38 woman sending a"doll" around in a box" as my DH has commented on my idea.

I have a question too. Can we do our own spread as well as the rule page, title page, and tag page? I want to put my scrap space in there too. Plus I thought it might be a good way to show what I am aiming for from the rule page. Also can you require a two page spread? I like double spread layouts. Plus its more room to show off your creativity.

The doll is not silly, its cute and its something you can share with your boys! So tell DH:lmao: :goodvibes
I dont know why i assumed this but I thought we did do our own page, like an example page and it is "our" own book.
I had planned on doing a page, so I dont know about anyone else but Im going to and I think it will help others.
:hippie:

Yes, usually you'll start the Circle Journal off with your own layout after all the intro and rule pages. You can require one or two page layouts. I think the two page layouts look better, and gives more room for everyone, especially since most of the books will be 8 x 8.

My book last time was "How your garden grows". There was a small enough group then that I had enough page protectors for everyone to do a two or four page layout. The layouts could match or not. I did a two page matching and two page not as examples.

When we CJ do the pages count towards our scrapbooking pages towards our goals? Or is this considered something seperate?

[My first page]
How Does Your Garden Grow?

Welcome to my circle journal.

The rules are simple.

You may use your own garden, a garden you visited, or photos off the Internet of your dream garden. You may use any techniques you like. You should journal, a little on each page or just one box for all the pages, if you like. You may use up to four pages for your layouts. The layouts do NOT need to match each other. You may be as simple or elaborate as you like. The pages measure 8~1/2 x 8~1/2. Please do not infringe on anyone else’s pages, otherwise, anything goes.
Please fill out the sign in tag completely.
Please be sure to note your name on your layout pages.

Thank you for taking the time to add to my journal.

[My Sign In Page]

Sign In Here

Please put a photo of yourself, your DIS name and your real name, and tell me what your favorite embellishment or technique is.

[Here is one I did with a different group - you can see how different the rules were because they completely different themes.]
Delectable Disney Delicacy

Welcome to my very first Circle Journal.
The idea of this journal is for you to share with me your favorite Disney recipe. This can be a recipe that you have made yourself or just one that you enjoyed while at Disney.
Included are blank 3x5 index cards. You can print out the recipe on your computer and
adhere to the card or you may handwrite the recipe. The card is strictly for the nuts & bolts of the recipe.
The layouts are for you to use your imagination. You can make a pretty recipe on one page (or two if needed) and use the other page for recording your favorite memories associated with the dish. You can use pictures of your own with you or family members enjoying the dish, swipe a photo from the Dining Review board, or just use some
cool techniques to make the page pretty. You don't have to make the pretty recipe, you can just make a great two page layout using the Disney theme anyway you want.
The guidelines are simple.
~Please take a sign in card and fill it out completely.
~Please put your recipe on an index card.
~Please keep it to a two-page layout, unless your recipe takes up two pages, then you
may use four pages.
~Please note that the pages measure 7-1/4 x 7-3/4.
~Please do not infringe on anyone else’s layout.
~Please use as many embellishments and techniques as you like.
~Please, Please, Please, have fun while you are doing this!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete your pages in my journal.

I like the twist of adding postcards,especially since it is something you have done since you were little and are passing down to banana. Also incorporating it into your scrspping.

It surely is not has silly as a 38 woman sending a"doll" around in a box" as my DH has commented on my idea.

I have a question too. Can we do our own spread as well as the rule page, title page, and tag page? I want to put my scrap space in there too. Plus I thought it might be a good way to show what I am aiming for from the rule page. Also can you require a two page spread? I like double spread layouts. Plus its more room to show off your creativity.

Yes, everyone should do there own pages in the book before sending it on. You can require a 2 page spread or if you think you have enough pages you can give people a choice of 2 or 4 pages for their layout.

Rebecca

I was so excited to come on here and see how much we've been chatting!

I like the idea of sending postcards - it sort of keeps you going while waiting for the excitement of the book back:goodvibes we could do them from ourselves and/or include kids (those who have them - or pets!) I think all the Q's have been answered by those who can't keep away gfrom a PC:rolleyes1 but any more keep them coming!

Today I got my album and refill pages. It actually took me a few places to look until I could find one that I liked enought. The choices were not that great. I got some ideas in my head for my start pages, but I am working on finishing up the DHS swap before I get started on this one.

:confused3 I'm not supposed to be on the fence.
My book size and definite theme is on the fence, but not me. :thumbsup2
I'm in.
:)
funny-pictures-unpolitical-cat-is-on-a-fence.jpg

Okay - new book.

It's an 8x8 3 D-ring corduroy binder.
The theme is "Favorite Recipe by your Favorite Character"

It's simply means that you'll give me your favorite recipe (simple is good) and design your page around it and your favorite character. Thought it would be a good way to use up your Disney stash. I know I have tons of Tink stuff because she is my favorite character and I will never use it on scrap pages.

Still working on my theme...We all know what my obvious love is (think green and jumpy):laughing:

Here are some pics from the previous books I've done. Advanced apologies for the post it notes. I don't show the kids names and faces. And I put my address on the inside cover, just in case it got lost.

Book one, my very first CJ:
Life's Little Luxuries

DSC_0806.jpg

Instruction page:

DSC_0797.jpg

sign in was 2 full pockets with tags. I used rub ons to put everyones name on the pocket (I would not do this again since some people never completed the book).

DSC_0803.jpg

My pages:
Title - Got Milk?
DSC_0805.jpg

DSC_0804.jpg

DH's pages, hidden journaling in the boot.
DSC_0800.jpg

DSC_0801.jpg

DSC_0802.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter