CIRQUE DU SOLEIL worth it ??????

kim wilson

Earning My Ears
l really fancy doing cirque du soleil but seems a bit pricey , well a lot pricey really as we are there for xmas and considering buying them as a present for our party of 6 ad + 1 ch .

how good is this show ? is it worth the money ?

thanks

kim

Yes.

We did it this year. Took kids ages 4, 8, 10 and they also enjoyed it.

In our opinion the show is fantastic and well worth the money!!

Galaxy

:)

A bit pricey, yes that's true.....but IMO, worth every penny! The show is absolutely amazing! If it fits into your schedule and budget, I'd say go for it!

It's very addicting. You will want to go back again and you will want to see the other cirque shows. I put off going for years because of the price. Now I'm willing to pay even more for the other shows and have to travel further. There's so much going on. Be sure to listen to the music and singing. I wasn"t aware the music and singing was live until about half way thru the show. So I bought the cd of the music. Almost all the singing is in french, (I think.)

My standard advice to this question is: If you have doubts, go to the nearest video store and buy a copy of one of Cirque's recorded performances. I'd recommend Quidam, Saltimbanco, or Dralion. Pop it in the player in front of the "target audience" and observe their reactions. It should fall into one of three categories:

1) They love it!
2) Mildly interested at first, but get bored with it quickly.
3) Say "What the heck is this?!?!? What's with the funny costumes? Why did that strange character just scream and run across the stage in the middle of the act? Where's the animals, I thought this was supposed to be a circus! I don't get it!"

If the reaction is #1... by all means GO!

If it's #2 or #3, save your money.

Me, personally... I think it's worth every penny.

Cirque is great!!! We went to Varekai in ATL & it was worth every penny!

Sometimes you can catch the various shows on Bravo (cable)
but it doesnt compare to the live shows, they are amazing!!!
:Pinkbounc

I've tried to watch the shows on Bravo multiple times, and I always seem to get bored with it. Yet....
When watching it in person at WDW, I don't think I blinked the whole time. It was absolutely amazing! :D :D :D
I say go. It is soooo worth the price. So much so, that we went 2 years in a row.
Have fun!

I am known as a bit of a cheapskate, not true. I will spend money if it is worth it but will not waste a penny. I absolutely was enthralled with Cirque and would go again in a minute. Having said that I will say that I am a fan of most live entertainment and that might factor in here.

If you go you might want to get seats in the second tier as you get to see the pre show performance better from there.

Nana, is so true. I would have enjoyed the performance even more had I known that the music and singing were live.. Such talent.

Slightly Goofy/Linda

We went with my sister's family this last March. Her DH resisted because of the $$ but we dragged his feet there. At the end he bought the CD and still talks about it to this day. Their two boys (6 + 8 ) loved it as well, the highlight of their trip. We loved it, but then I knew we would because we LOVED the cirque show in vegas at the Mirage years ago. We bought a CD after each show and I have plans to see all the cirque shows I can and collect each CD. Addicting indeed :)

We went in July, after hearing so much about it and deciding to "splurge"............my husband, who usually falls asleep in the theater as soon as the lights go out:o sat on the edge of his seat for the entire 90 minutes with the rest of us.

It's truly an awesome show with an unbelievable amount of talent, and you won't be disappointed IMHO.

Well, I put it off and put it off also. Then I read all the RAVE reviews EVERYWHERE, so I went, my 16 y/o son, my 79 y/o MIL, and us.

I truly wish it were not built up to be so utterly out of this world, unbelievably fantastic. Then I would have walked out thinking that it was really good. I don't know what we expected, but by all the comments I guess I thought acts that other circus people could never ever do in a million years. I watched the show waiting for the unbelievable I guess.

I agree with the person who suggested renting a tape. No it's not like being there, but it would give you an idea of what it actually is and if your family likes that stuff. My boys are not "drama" people, but I really am, and was disappointed, but I think only because I expected more.

Thinking back it was very good and I'm glad we saw it. My suggestion to another person was that it depends upon how much "worth it" it is, and what are your other gift options. From all the rave reviews she just thought she had to do it no matter what the cost. My suggestions is that yes, it MAY be the highlight of your childs/family there, but so may that kiss from Cinderella. I don't mean to put a damper on anything, it's a wonderful show, but it's also allot of money for that many people, just don't expect anything, and you'll probably love it. It's circus acts, set to drama and music, presented in an unusual and different way. So, I guess, I agree in full that renting a tape is in no means like being there, but it also would give you an idea of what exactly it is and if you think you'd like it enough to spend the money on it.

There will be 3 adults and 2 kids (age 7 & 4) on my trip. I had already planned MDD and Fantasmic. Should I look into this one too??? What's the prices? Only staying 7 days.

... YES! The best show we've ever seen, anywhere!!!

Do these tickets go fast? Which seats are best? Tickets on the "Florida Orlando Tickets" website seem to be the cheapest. Has anyone ordered from here.

Originally posted by Geoff_M
My standard advice to this question is: If you have doubts, go to the nearest video store and buy a copy of one of Cirque's recorded performances. I'd recommend Quidam, Saltimbanco, or Dralion. Pop it in the player in front of the "target audience" and observe their reactions. It should fall into one of three categories:

1) They love it!
2) Mildly interested at first, but get bored with it quickly.
3) Say "What the heck is this?!?!? What's with the funny costumes? Why did that strange character just scream and run across the stage in the middle of the act? Where's the animals, I thought this was supposed to be a circus! I don't get it!"

If the reaction is #1... by all means GO!

If it's #2 or #3, save your money.

Me, personally... I think it's worth every penny.

What are the differences in the videos?

I sure hope it's good! I just bought tickets for Sat Dec 27th, the seats are in section 205, row AA #18, 19. These look like great seats according to the seating plan.

I'm looking forward to it already.

Louise

For my family of four it would cost $300 ("cheap" seats) for Cirque. For a 4 day PHP, it costs $800. That's two hours of entertainment at 37% of the cost for four days of entertainment.

I would love to see this show, but I have to draw the line somewhere. I am no cheapskate (we are doing 10 days at WL next trip), but I think along the lines of the above example. Dollar for dollar, the World, or (gasp) Universal, or Sea World is a better deal.

I'm sure thousands and thousands have seen it, loved it, and, as seen above, have felt it was worth every nickel. I am truly glad for them. I personally can't justify that kind of money for two hours of entertainment.

Now, if they fed you, well, all bets are off. :p

For the quantity and quality of the show, we found it well worth the ticket price for the three of us - we had seats in the front row of the second tier which were among the best in the house, and were in the "cheap" category!!

We routinely pay over sixty dollars per person for theater productions such as "Phantom of the Opera" and "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" in Hartford and Boston, so we didn't think the price was out of line (even though they didn't feed us!!!). We hadn't been to WDW in four years, so that was one of our priorities in July.

i suprised my DS 15y/o with tickets last month...
to see his enjoyment...his jaw laying on his chest...
it was well worth it...
i had told him about Downtown Disney
he didnt know about the tickets until 4 hrs before the show
he just thought we were going to Disney Quest....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter