• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

City Walk

jacrazy

Earning My Ears
I cannot wait to experience some of the restaurants at City Walk. I have heard folks on this board talk about the Hard Rock Cafe, Margaritaville & Nascar. I've been to Hard Rock and Marg's in other states.

Being a huge fan of Reggae, Jamaica & Jamaican food, I can't wait to go to Bob Marley's. I've been to Pat O'Briens in New Orleans, so I want to check that out and I love latin food and dancing so the Latin Quarter is on my list too. I haven't read of anyone visiting these three places? Have you not been there or did you not like them. What's up???

I've been to all three and can offer the following observations:

Marley's menu is really a series of appetizers, designed more as ballast for the drinks than for full scale dining. It's very good though, with a nice taste of the islands.

O'Brien's offers (IMHO) the best value for the money at CityWalk. Again, the portions are bmore appetizer than entree size. The coconut shrimp and jambalaya are fabulous.

Latin Quarter is a full service restaurant with an unusually extensive menu. Fairly pricey, too, and they add a 17% service charge automatically.

Fortunately the food is worth the price and the presentations are in some cases quite spectacular. LQ also has the best dessert in CityWalk, the Crepas Rellanas.

Bob Marley's is a blast...we have never tried the food though...only enjoyed the music and dancing. Latin Quarter is outstanding...make sure and make a reservation before you go...the place is very popular and you could end up with a long wait.

We also love Pat O'Brien's...the food is excellent, the piano bar is great, the patio is wonderful...These are our favorite three places to go at City Walk....

Of course, we do stop at margaritaville for nachos, beer and shots..other than that, we don't eat there. WE love City Walk!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter