Clark Griswald's Westward HO!-Day1 and 2, or maybe just 1??

goofyme

Mouseketeer
so when does "vacation" start...the day you leave your home or the day you actually get there? couple of things to note...i'm terrible at grammer and spelling and too lazy to check it..also, i should have my license to use brackets and parenthesis revoked, but i can't stop...

CHARACTERS:
Clark:mild-mannered, bubbling no-it-all, means well, has not grown up yet, not an English major(sorry for grammer)(just kidding)(enuf with the parenthesis), disney commano attitude
Ellen:stablizing force in house, supportive wife, keeps Clark from goofing up to badly does everything for 4 kids(3 children + 1 Clark)
Rusty1:just turned nine, Clark caused permenant damaged when convinced him and ellen to ride TOT when he was four, full of life
Audrey: 7 year old daddy's girl, got me by a string, too smart, knows daddy's tricks
Rusty2: 5 year old impetious little boy, if he was the first child he would've been the only child, gives best hugs and smiles, curly headed and hates it
Aunt Edna: did not join us this time around, we will strap her on the plane in effigy (heck, willl strap her on right on main st. usa)

DAY ONE
we left fri. 4/11 for nashville and just spending the nite since we have an early flight the next day(plus free hotel park/shuttle), so i am calling this day one of our vacation...don't you hate it when your spouse doesn't use the cruise control and can vary their speed 10 mph even when nobody else is in front of them?? of course, i stupidly(this happens every trip) just have to comment about this and of course i then get " THE LOOK." you know this look gentleman, the one that send that death chilling tingling sensation down our spine and into your inner being that usually only crops up when you've had a bad nightmare...of course, i tried the "i was just kidding" spiel but i didn't work...

so after i apologized we stopped at cracker barrel for supper(i love the friday fried cod but terrible on your stomach the next day when you fly-gives new meaning to cabin pressure)...rusty2 spent his usual time saying lame stuff in to Pete the Repeat Parrott to hear it said back to him in a higher pitch...i would buy one of these since he always plays with them the whole time we wait for our food, but then we wouldn't have him occupied the next time we eat here..can't start a trip without cracker barrel!

stopped at Toys "(backwards r)" Us for some pullups for the youngest... he doesn't usually pee in his bed but we aren't taking chances at a hotel....what do you do if this happens? do they change your mattress?? also got some of those crayola color wonder marker thingamajigs that only color on those special coloring books...FIRST HIGHLIGHT OF TRIP....as we are leaving the store, who do we magically appear heading right toward us? yep! that's right, Mr. Cherry Limeade, the sonic costumed mascot!!! our first character interaction. got our picture with him and our trip was headed in the right direction..

got to our hotel, kids bathed, laid out clothes for 4:00 wake up call, kids went right to sleep, wife went right to sleep, and me? well, i couldn't go to sleep b/c all the noise a church youth group was making running up and down the halls, and knocking on our door, and making a phone call to our room....where were the parents during all of this??? aaarrrrrrggggghhhh!!!!!!

with thoughts in my head of a great trip and gloomy weather headed our way (wasn't that supposed to be " plenty of sunshine" for a disney trip and to souther california?) with a forecast of rain for a few days after we get there, i finally fell asle................

Very funny!

I miss Cracker Barrel, there aren't any in CA.

It does have that down home cooking which does occasionally mess with your system : )

Jenn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter