• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Clean cheap hotel near VA Autotrain?

drgnfly30

<font color=deeppink>Take my advice, never pay ful
DH & I are thinking about staying near Lorton VA the night before our departure day on the Autotrain - Anybody know of an inexpensive but clean hotel near the station?

Okay, I'm going off memory here .....

North of Lorton is the Springfield interchange area, where I-95, I-495, and I-395 all meet. There's a good size mall there and several hotels of differing quality. Downside is the traffic. That interchange is in the midst of construction and constant HEAVY traffic. IIRC, there's a Days Inn that's so-so and a Holiday Inn that's pretty nice but I'm not sure of the $$.

South of Lorton is Dale City/Woodbridge. The Potomac Mills mall is there, along with many other shopping centers. There are several hotels there that might be a bit more reasonable.

Both of these areas are probably 10 miles from the station, though. Woodbridge would be my choice -- pretty nice area and plenty of restaurants to choose from -- but I don't know what might be closer to the station.

Thanks for the info! It'll give me a good start! I think I'll check out the HI, since we are staying at HIFS while at WDW it'll give me more Priority points!

We are going to WDW in a couple of week and are taking the autotrain. Since I didn't want to take chances of hitting traffic that morning driving from home, we deceided to stay by the autotrain are the night before.
I deceided to get a room via Priceline.
I tried Alexandria, VA and got the Sheraton Suites for $45. I highly reccomend trying priceline. There is a website called www.biddingfortravel.com that has all the info you need to get the best price.

We usually stay in Washington at the Holiday Inn on Capital Hill, this way we get a little "extra vacation" within our vacation. It's very safe, clean and walking distance to everything. It is maybe 15-20 miles from the auto train. You might find an internet deal for your travel dates. If you find the hotel a little expensive, keep in mind you can spend the day in Washington for almost nothing, all the attractions are free.

There is a hotel - I believe a Comfort Inn - right near the auto train (same exit). I hope this helps. Have you taken the auto train before??

Actually visiting some of the Smithsonian that morning was something I was considering... wasnt sure how much time I would need though...
This is the first time we've tried the Autotrain.. I've hear good & bad but to me it beats driving & I'm not thrilled with flying lately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter