Clean Duvet Covers???!!!!!

axfather

Mouseketeer
When will DVC start this like Hilton and other good chains? The bedspreads which may or may not be cleaned between guests creeps me out? I like a nice white clean duvet cover each time I check in so I know for sure my linens are 100% clean. I wish Disney would do this....I especially don't like the slicky bedspreads you see pictured at the new Art of Animation resort. I will not stay there because of it. sorry if I am being to snobby....just don't want cooties...

It's already been decided to make the change.

The DVC News recapped the information regarding the bedding from the annual meeting in December 2012. 2012 Condo Meeting Recap

In addition to the increased employment costs, some increase in dues will result from a change in the bedding configuration at most Disney Vacation Club resorts. Disney is transitioning to a "triple sheet" linen system on all bed. It consists of one sheet covering the mattress, topped by a flat sheet, blanket and a third designer sheet on top of the bed. This will eliminate the heavy, outdated bedspreads currently in use at most resorts.

DVC reps stated that the triple sheet system is already in use at Aulani and the Villas at Disney Grand Californian Hotel. All other resorts will be transitioned to the new setup in 2013 or 2014. Disney is paying for the initial install while member dues will cover the standard laundry, handling and replacement fees going forward.

They are changing them but its not big deal to us, we simply take the comforter off the bed to sleep. Don't really think you can catch anything from a bedspread.

Now hot tubs, that is a different situation all together. Eeek. :eek:

It's already been decided to make the change.

The DVC News recapped the information regarding the bedding from the annual meeting in December 2012. 2012 Condo Meeting Recap

Grumpy one here. At one annual meeting (I think it was way back in 2005), they announced that the studios at BWV were getting coffee tables. Oh, the applause! Well, I'm still waiting! In other words, I'll believe it when I see it.

I guess we will just have to wait on the clean sheets.....I too wash the top covers on the bed upon arrival which is the reason I never use studios. Also, I run the tub with a dishwasher pod as well. Don't get me wrong, overall I think DVC does a great job on housekeeping. Just I am a bit freaky about it....

OP - I'm right there with you! We always call Housekeeping and ask for extra sheets. We remove the comforter and use the extra sheets like a duvet to wrap around the (probably also unwashed between guests) blanket. We also do double pillow cases on the pillows. Never had a problem with getting the extra sheets. Just came back from a visit to SSR where the Housekeeping person asked why we needed the sheets. I started to explain our make-shift duvet and why ("cooties" as you mentioned ;)) and she said, "Say no more. I have a friend who brings her own sheets to every hotel she stays at." I told her that if we had driven instead of flying we would have brought our own duvet. We had a good laugh and the extra sheets were delivered promptly. I'm very excited that DVC plans on switching to duvets.

Terri

They are changing them but its not big deal to us, we simply take the comforter off the bed to sleep. Don't really think you can catch anything from a bedspread.

Now hot tubs, that is a different situation all together. Eeek. :eek:

Totally agree about the hot tubs! :thumbsup2

Grumpy one here. At one annual meeting (I think it was way back in 2005), they announced that the studios at BWV were getting coffee tables. Oh, the applause! Well, I'm still waiting! In other words, I'll believe it when I see it.
I'm afraid I'm in the doubters group, too. I'll be completely thrilled if they do convert to duvets, but I'm not going to hold my breath that it's going to happen any time soon. How many years did it take to get online booking? If I'm not mistaken, that was promised as "coming very soon" in annual meetings going way back. DVC villas at Eagle Pines? Also something that was officially announced.

Heck, SSR is still in the middle of a soft refurbishment, during which they're replacing the old bedspreads with new bedspreads. I know this isn't necessarily evidence of anything. Different departments of a large organization don't always communicate, and if contracts to do something have been awarded they sometimes just have to run their course. I remember watching a building at work being painted one week, then demolished a few weeks later. Still, is SSR really going to throw away brand new bedspreads and replace them with duvets? I'm skeptical.

considering that SSR refurb currently being done have new bedspreads I don't know if this will be happening anytime soon

I hope they do not switch to duvets, especially those like at BLT. Those are not secured in the corners of the cover, so they flop all over the place making it very difficult to make the bed every morning. I hated those things.

Now, triple sheeting? That would be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter