Needle Biopsy's are brutal

Best wishes for you wife and hoping the tests show nothing.

With healthcare always be your own best advocate. It took me 2 years and about 20 doctors to be diagnosed with stage 3 cancer. I had doctors tell me I was crazy, I like attention, and to stop wasting their time. You know when something is wrong and you keep going until you find a doctor who will support you. The crazy part was I had a physical symptom you could see yet I was making it all up. If that first doctor took me seriously I would have been stage one. The doctor who took me seriously said the minute I walked in he knew by the physical symptom he could see.
So sorry that you had to endure this. Truly

We were sitting by one of the ships giant port holes in one of the the really crowded bars.
A lady was looking for a place to sit with her drink and we offered an open sofa facing us.

She had just dropped her grandchildren off at one of the kids clubs.
She had the 100 mile gaze.

We got to talking and just to be sociable she asked what my wife and I did for work.
Wife mentioned Oncology, and I'm a bum. I retired young.

The sweet lady mentioned she had got a cancer diagnosis a day before the cruise, had not yet talked to her Oncologist but decided to go on the cruise anyway. Didn't want to disappoint the grand kids.

When you get your cancer diagnosis you go myopic tunnel vision and only a few important things matter to you and you get a real sharp focus on that. Your head spins.

My wife mentioned to her in her experiences that type of cancer was checked and women her age out-live it. Not giving any person diagnosis or medical advise, just sayin' what she has seen with others.

Grandma brightened up.
That was 4 years ago and Grandma is still taking the grandkids on trips and yes, her cancer is checked and she's doing fine.

Thank you all for the kind takes. A good example of like I say: Disney fans are the best people on earth. Hearts in the right place.

Full double mastectomy and reconstruction.
Two surgeon job. Plastic for the rebuild and the other kind to clear out the cancerous tissue.

Wifie is in the waiting game and that is stressful.
Still has that pre-occupied, 100 mile gaze from time to time.

Going to quit her job and I have her on my medical insurance.
Cost of living out here is so expensive, staffing so tight as a result, her hospital will have a very hard time replacing her.

Time to move on to a new chapter in life.

Womens Healthcare is archaic and many people avoid care because the pain management is non existent or not adequate.

I hope your wife feels better and has
good news from her biopsy.
I recently read an article on the inadequate pain management given to women for procedures. I can vouch for this as had many gynecological conditions in the past requiring tests and/or procedures.

The best results for me were with stronger interventions—IV Valium, for instance.
Women need to demand better pain management. Don’t just acquiesce to what the doctor suggests. Tylenol is pathetic for some of these things. Push for better.

I recently read an article on the inadequate pain management given to women for procedures. I can vouch for this as had many gynecological conditions in the past requiring tests and/or procedures.

The best results for me were with stronger interventions—IV Valium, for instance.
Women need to demand better pain management. Don’t just acquiesce to what the doctor suggests. Tylenol is pathetic for some of these things. Push for better.
Well said.

Agreed. I asked if they could give me a xanax before the procedure or anything and they said it wasn't necessary. I was a mess! It's been a year later and I still get random pain in that area. For months, I couldn't even touch the spot. My doctor said that she never heard of anyone who had an issue with it. It sounds like I'm not the only one. I hope to avoid that in the future but I got them impression that this hospital group likes to do them a lot.

I agree. But the system is so messed up. I have xanax at home. I asked what pain options were available to me for a root canal. They said a lidocaine shot. If I needed more, they could do valium IV the day of but insurance wouldn't over it. I asked if I could compromise by taking a xanax beforehand. They said that that would be dangerous and if I did that, they would have to cancel the procedure. When I went to get the procedure done, I had a panic attack before it even started. The nurse there said they could give me a valium pill, but again it would cost hundreds and delay the procedure to kick in. If it's safe for them to give me valium, I don't know why it wouldn't have been safe for me to take a xanax (provided I didn't drive myself). I feel like they just wanted the opportunity to charge me a lot of money. I did the procedure with the lidocaine shot and it was terribly unpleasant.

Going to quit her job and I have her on my medical insurance.
If not already done, do verify your wife's eligibility for her coverage on your policy prior to cancelation of hers.

Best wishes for your wife, @Dive Bar Casanova, and to you and family also. It is a team effort, both on the medical side and the family side. She will do well. Prayers and my best ride with you all. :hug:'s

If not already done, do verify your wife's eligibility for her coverage on your policy prior to cancelation of hers.

Best wishes for your wife, @Dive Bar Casanova, and to you and family also. It is a team effort, both on the medical side and the family side. She will do well. Prayers and my best ride with you all. :hug:'s
Thank you for the heads up.

"Qualifying event" so she's in and when she eventually reaches 65 her Medicare costs + prescriptions and supplemental PPO are reimbursed for life.

Lemons turning into lemon aid.
Most compassionate and kind and generous person I've even known in my life. Best thing that ever happen to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter