Closing Time!

Did they say for what reason? My broker told me that no contracts would be transferred between 12/6 and 12/18, so I hope that they have started again :( I am excited to book a trip
It’s in Disney’s hands at this point. She made it seem like at this time every year DVC had “all hands on deck” to get the dues information out and now they have a huge transfer backlog to work through. Very few contracts were ROFR’d in December, so I am sure that leads to additional workload.

I’m counting down the days to the 7-month window before my family trip in August and hoping for my “Welcome Home” email.

One of my brokers said that she hasn’t had any contracts transfer (ROFR, yes; Transfer, no) since DVC opened back up again on 12/19…
I am pretty sure ours transferred right after the 19th. We had to wait a week when the office was closed (I assume for dues, etc.). However, right after the closure we were recorded and the membership added to our account, with points added right after.

I am pretty sure ours transferred right after the 19th. We had to wait a week when the office was closed (I assume for dues, etc.). However, right after the closure we were recorded and the membership added to our account, with points added right after.
I saw yours went through on this thread, but have not seen anybody else. That is what prompted me to reach out and see if any of my broker’s other clients had similar luck. I have 2 (separate brokers) that were supposedly sent to Disney for transfer on 12/19.

I’ll just continue to not so patiently wait.

I had mine transfer by MA early this week. Points loaded same day by a very nice MS CM when I called.
That’s good to know. Congratulations!

Maybe mine is taking longer because I’m new and don’t have a member ID yet or maybe I’m just further down the pile.

I just sold 2 of my contracts. One closed on Dec 20, the other Dec 29. But the points are still in my account. I’m guessing this is due to the backlog of transfers that is being referred to here?

I just sold 2 of my contracts. One closed on Dec 20, the other Dec 29. But the points are still in my account. I’m guessing this is due to the backlog of transfers that is being referred to here?

Yes. They will disappear once the contracts get transferred. I have had it take 3 to 4 weeks in the past.

I closed on Dec 21st and just got my Welcome Home email yesterday. CM's said over chat today that I would need to wait a few days for them to be able to load the points though.

I closed on Dec 21st and just got my Welcome Home email yesterday. CM's said over chat today that I would need to wait a few days for them to be able to load the points though.
It seems to always depend on which CM you get. Keep calling!

My contracts were deeded on 12/19 and I just called DVC Member Administration and there is nothing in the system…. The 7-month window opens on 1/15, so this is potentially cutting it close….

Anyone else experience domestic sellers being incredibly slow to send in paperwork? I have 4 contracts awaiting the notarized paperwork to close for 2.5 weeks now. I would have thought at least 1-2 would have been returned them by now but nope.

Anyone else experience domestic sellers being incredibly slow to send in paperwork? I have 4 contracts awaiting the notarized paperwork to close for 2.5 weeks now. I would have thought at least 1-2 would have been returned them by now but nope.
Might be the holiday hangover, also might have a problem getting a notary.

I am still waiting on a seller, who lives in HI,
to return a contract that I completed and wired the money for on 12.30.2022

Island time indeed….

I had one wait months. I had chance to back out because time it took. Think offer accepted and my paperwork sent in august. Seller just completed their side in January.
Apparently sick family member in the U.K. so traveled, the maybe trouble with notary and mail service in U.K.
Finally closed this week. Although this exceptional situation but sellers can be show.

I am waiting for my ROFR to come back for PBV and am thinking if it passes we would close late Feb~early March. If I have my points in my account my mid March anyone think there will still be availability for a studio at the end of Sept?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter