Club Libby Lu

abby

Abby's Mom
I called this weekend to get reservations at CLL for my dd 5 and 1/2 for the last sunday in January (OK with x-mas I got behind....) and they tell me they have no reservations for fri, sat for sun till late March....

They open at 9,if we are there at 9 what are our chances of getting in quick? We have PS with the princesses at Ariel's at 11:40 and she wants to be made up first. How long does the make over take?

thanks

(only 17 more days.. :rotfl: :tongue: )

I would try doing a walk in. They usually have lots of girls working and have walk in spots available. I would figure about 30 mins for the makeover! See the photos in the link below - my daughter had a makeover there last year!

abby said:
I called this weekend to get reservations at CLL for my dd 5 and 1/2 for the last sunday in January (OK with x-mas I got behind....) and they tell me they have no reservations for fri, sat for sun till late March....

They open at 9,if we are there at 9 what are our chances of getting in quick? We have PS with the princesses at Ariel's at 11:40 and she wants to be made up first. How long does the make over take?

thanks

(only 17 more days.. :rotfl: :tongue: )

I tried booking my daughter's birthday party there for February and the only times they had open was 6:30 p.m. Mon - Wed. Can't do that on a school night. Finally booked her birthday for a Sat. in April.

I inquired about cancellations and they said they normally do not get cancellations until the day of so you might want to try calling that day to see if anyone canceled.

For those of you coming in May, I inquired about booking her party in May. I was told no way. Disney is having some special end of the 50th celebration that month and so they are expecting big crowds that month and are not booking parties at all, at least on the weekends which, for them is Thurs - Sun. Don't know if they are booking single appointments but you should definitely call NOW if you're even thinking about booking an appointment that month.

We have a new Libby Lu here in San Antonio. Is it worth going to the one in Downtown Disney, or just take my girls to the one here? We haven't been, and I was thinking about saving it for our trip in March. But, if it is going to be exactly the same, then maybe not. Do they do anything special or "Disney" that might be different?

I think if you want to do a walk-in I would get there before they open so you can be the first one on the list. If you wait too long you may not be able to get in before lunch. My daughter is the same age and she loves CLL. She wants to do it every time we go to DL. The last time we went we tried to go but the line was too long. I think we got there around 10:00 and they told us our walk in appointment wouldn't be until 1:30! :eek: If you get there early though it shouldn't be a problem.

Dawn

We did walk-in on Jan. 6. A lot of schools were still on holidays in California, so this may have made it busier. They opened at 9:00. We arrived at 8:15 and were behind a mother with 3 girls (who were all then seen at 9:00 with no prior appointment) and another mother who was making a booking for later that day for 4 girls (you can do this at 9:00 the day of. We were able to secure a 9:20 time slot. I think that in addition to their prior bookings, they are able to do 3 walk-ins every 20 minutes. My daughter used the 20 minutes beforehand to pick out her items so that was great. A line-up quickly developed by 8:30 and I'm not sure how many of those people were able to snag appointment times for later that day. We were there at a busy time, though. It took just under 20 minutes to do hair, eyeshadow, lipgloss, and fingernail polish. ::MinnieMo

For some reason, my previous post showed up double :confused3 , so I'm editing this second one to say...have fun! :sunny:

Is this only for little girls, would a 14 yr old feel out of place. My dd is very young at heart but looks 18 in size etc. She normally loves any kind of dressing up but maybe it would be more appropriate for her to shop at Sephora (sp?) isn't that the other make-up store near Libby-Lu

My 16 year old says she does not think 14 is too old. She says she is "distressed that she did not get it done" when we were there in November. The 12 year old that was with us got it done (a bit of a tomboy so she was not sure about the gems on her cheeks...she put them on my daughter...). All the "girls" in our group (16, 16, 20, 33, 42, 43, 47, 47 and 52 Years of age!) went in and bought glitter and hair things and wore them to House of Blues and DL that night.....easy to do in a group and at Disney! :cutie: The "boys" in our group all said they thought there was an anti-male forcefield around the doors! :rotfl:

Sephora is a really nice store but quite a bit pricier....

We went at 10am, and dd got an appointment for 11:30. It took about 20 minutes to get done. (she got the tween idol/rising star combo)

She is 10 and had a blast. We saw a woman about 40 getting a makeover!

They get to pick 5 things from one section in the store.
DD got 2 pack of lip gloss, a steel guitar bookmark, 3 headbands, a fuzzy pen, and a really cute velour purple pillowcase. She sleeps on the pillowcase everynight!

It is lots of fun.

Thank you for the telephone number, I have booked my daughter in as a suprise before we go to Ariels Grotto (still to be booked) hope she likes it, I thought she could wear her Cinderella dress and it would make it very special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter