Coach's Mardi Gras Trip to UF 2010 Updated- #11- Final Update

So Sunday morning after sleeping in Chipley we get up around 8 (I always get up really early, so was up at 5), and hit the free continental breakfast at the Chipley HIE. We drive for about 4 hours or so.. and finally start seeing what we've been waiting for..:

DSC03748_2087.jpg

This is THE RIDE we were all anxious (except Alisa) to see and possibly ride, even Zach! I love coasters and this one was brand new!

DSC03751_2088.jpg
DSC03753_2090.jpg

We Cheered!!!

DSC03754_2091.jpg

The standard security check in.. which the guy told us we were already checked in??? So we drove in...

DSC03755_2092.jpg
DSC03756_2093.jpg

It is a beautiful resort!!! It makes you feel very special. All the employees do a very good job of putting you first..

DSC03757_2094.jpg

DSC03758_2095.jpg

DSC03761_2098.jpg

Walking in the room

DSC03764_2101.jpg

DSC03765_2102.jpg

DSC03766_2103.jpg

All of the rooms have High Definition Flat Screen Shap Aquios TVs.. very nice..

DSC03767_2104.jpg

View from the room.

DSC03769_2106.jpg

DSC03771_2108.jpg

Megan, Alisa, any of you want to explain this pic? :lmao:

So we loved the room and we settled in..

DSC03775_2112.jpg

DSC03776_2113.jpg

Up next- What is Club Level?? Do we take on HR3 first???

:thumbsup2Great pics, I might have to consider RPR for our next, next trip, it looks like a beautiful resort.

Great update! The pictures really make me jealous! I sometimes wish we weren't so close so we could stay at a Disney/Universal hotel and reap all the benefits.

Great pics! we will be staying at RPR at the end our trip in April. So, quick question as we have never stayed on property...from your pictures it appears that the resort has its own parking (I was thinking parking was in the genreal garage since I was told that parking was $15)...need to do some more research. The resort looks awesome...think I'm happy I made the decision to make that part of the trip last this year (we always do US/IOA first); we would have been let down to go to POP after that.
:wave2: Connie

I saw the update was about the resort, so I was searching for the toilet picture.

ANytime Randy goes into a hotel room, he takes pictures of the room like we all do. However, he must take a picture of the toilet as well. It has become our little joke.

The hotel looks very nice Randy.

Don't forget Club pictures! We are staying Club for the first time in August and can't wait to hear your experience!

:thumbsup2Great pics, I might have to consider RPR for our next, next trip, it looks like a beautiful resort.
It really is! I'll be posting many more pics of the resort (I'm a bit of a shutter bug, closet photographer I'm afraid). Everything is first-class at RPR!
Great update! The pictures really make me jealous! I sometimes wish we weren't so close so we could stay at a Disney/Universal hotel and reap all the benefits.
What??? You're jealous??? Poor baby.. being so close to Disney and UF!!! :lmao:

Great pics! we will be staying at RPR at the end our trip in April. So, quick question as we have never stayed on property...from your pictures it appears that the resort has its own parking (I was thinking parking was in the genreal garage since I was told that parking was $15)...need to do some more research. The resort looks awesome...think I'm happy I made the decision to make that part of the trip last this year (we always do US/IOA first); we would have been let down to go to POP after that.
:wave2: Connie
Yes, it does have it's own parking... and yes Alisa and I were a bit bummed about the "per-day parking fee".. but what you gonna do :confused3
I saw the update was about the resort, so I was searching for the toilet picture.

ANytime Randy goes into a hotel room, he takes pictures of the room like we all do. However, he must take a picture of the toilet as well. It has become our little joke.

The hotel looks very nice Randy.

Thanks for filling everyone in on the toilet info :rotfl2: Yes, as you'll see, I really like RPR..

We love entering the resort -- it's like you've come into a little paradise separate from the outside world. You all look very happy to be in your room!

Maria :upsidedow

We never stayed at RPR...considering it for next trip. Can't wait to see mre pics.(nice job):thumbsup2

We love entering the resort -- it's like you've come into a little paradise separate from the outside world. You all look very happy to be in your room!

Totally agree.. the staff does such a great job of making you feel like a VIP! The theming is excellent as well.. everything is so beautiful!! You really feel as if you have "escaped" into your own little temporary paradise!
We never stayed at RPR...considering it for next trip. Can't wait to see mre pics.(nice job):thumbsup2
Thanks so much!!! Much more to come!

i would have been here sooner but got a case of the lazysssss this weekend.:rolleyes1

you have a beautiful family!
i can't wait to here the rest of your trip saga.

btw, i always eat at Crackel Barrel.
your wife must be a clone of me.

i have one that is 10 miles from the house.
get the 6 veggie platter w/ cornbread.

i have stayed at all the hotels onsite and have grown to love the RPH the most.
i agree with youse, it is great there!!

Great update, love the resort pics I felt as if I was back there.

Looking forward to more :thumbsup2

So when we were planning this vacation nearly a year ago.. my wife called me into my office while she was researching on the internet.. and said "why don't we try club level at the resort?" I said, "Isn't that too expensive?" So we calculated eating out for breakfast, and supper and drinks most of the day vs. cost of club level.. and it ended up being a push or cheaper for club level. So we booked it.. I was both excited, and nervous... (didn't want for it to turn in to an all out food orgy for me personally....)

So after we checked out the room, the very next thing we did was run to the club level :woohoo:

I have to say.. it was VERY nice! They give you a list of times when you can visit, and all you have to do is show your rooom key, and you can get unlimited drinks, snacks, and food. As you will see in just a second, it is a lounge style room that is very spacious, with flat-screen TVs all around, and comfortable chairs and sofas complete with tables. As soon as we walked in, I knew we made a good decision. Here are the first few pics of the club level:

DSC03777_2114.jpg

DSC03778_2115.jpg

DSC03779_2116.jpg

This was in the early afternoon, so they had "snacks" out.. chips, peanuts, crackers, granola bars, sodas, and coffee. Very, nice.. we snacked a bit, and then we were on our way to Universal Studios...

It was a beautiful afternoon on Sunday, so we decided to walk it:

DSC03780_2117.jpg

DSC03782_2119.jpg

DSC03785_2122.jpg

And here it is.. the picture that took about 3 years to take:

DSC03794_2131.jpg

That's all for now.. next up...

Who is going to take on.. Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rocket (HR3)???

yah!! I was hoping to find an update this morning! 6 Weeks from today we will be there!! Your trip is just adding to my excitement !! Great looking family, can't wait to read more :goodvibes

I love the walk to Margaritaville! Ok, the parks are there, too, but really, who can't relax when they see the Lone Palm?! You guys look ready to take on some rides!

Wow, the club lounge at RPR looks much nicer than the one at HRH. I'm definitely thinking RPR for next time. Can't wait to read what you did next.popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter