Complaints about Gaydays

Schotz

Mouseketeer
I have read and listened to the post by Pete Werner (DIS Founder/Webmaster) http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-gay-days.htmas he talks about past GayDays events. I've never been to gaydays, I was a little depressed to hear such an angry and upset person talk about gaydays. This is coming from a gay man that has attended gaydays. The tone of his voice really tells how he feels about the event.

Basically he feels that gayday's has people who create a bad reflection of the gay community. At least a small group of people have bad conduct at the disney parks. (drugs, drinking, booze in water bottles, kissing, groping, ect.)

I hope this isn't going to be a bad experience, I'm not going to gaydays to do drugs or annoy anyone or get totally smashed at the disney park. What happens at the pool party at the resort is a different story...

Would some gaydays vets please post some past experiences of gaydays at the WDW?

I've been at gaydays at disney 2 times now. once in 2004, and once just last year (2010). Neither time have I seen anything over-the-top. :confused3

Could be that I: don't stay at the 'offical' hotel(s). don't attend events at those hotels, and pretty much just go to MK on MK day. :rolleyes1

A lot of guests don't even seem to know that it IS gaydays, :rotfl: unless they really read some of the red shirts.

My trips during gay days were only different than my trips with my father as a child in that I was an adult, and I knew what all the red shirts meant.

This year I plan on trying to do the meet at the dole whip place, and *maybe* meet at the bar on Saturday night at the AKL. I doubt even those experiences will change my opinion that if anything, gaydays at disney is under not over the top. :confused3

I would come and see for yourself. popcorn::

I've gone to MK on the MK day for many years now. We go to walk around and see friends we haven't seen since the year before. We also love seeing the Country Bears with an audience of bears - too much fun!

We haven't seen anything inappropriate - an occasional t-shirt slogan maybe, but you sometimes see that anyways (if they get through the turnstiles with it on). Public "kanoodling"? Never saw anything more than hand-holding and kissing.

I've been many times, and I've never ever seen any of the things he talks about. Perhaps I'm not looking hard enough.....:confused3

I was just on an ABD trip with Pete and he's a great guy. I just think he needs to update his views on Gay Days.

Anyone ever see the movie Groundhog Day?:rolleyes1

I've coincidentally ended up at gaydays twice on accident with my family, at DLR. We had my 5 year old sister there and I just could not believe what I saw. Full on making out, nasty t-shirts, groping, groups yelling curse words, and everyone being just downright obnoxious. I am not kidding, after the Halloween fireworks, a group of guys started running and basically trampled my little sister. It was an awful experience for all of us. Back then I didn't have the DIS, so we ended up going again on gaydays and were all extremely upset. Still, I have nothing against gays but I will never go again!

Full on making out, nasty t-shirts, groping, groups yelling curse words, and everyone being just downright obnoxious.

And you can see this in the parks every single day of the year.......from heterosexual folks! :rolleyes1

When you say "everybody" you paint with an awful broad brush.

Would you use the same language when describing Brazilian tourists, people visiting for Tom Joyner week, Night of Joy, or Grad nights?

Anyone ever see the movie Groundhog Day?:rolleyes1
I know Wally.

I figure it's like the knock knock jokes that have been around forever but the first time a kid hears it they have to share it with you because it's new to them. And I laugh even though I've probably heard it 100s of times in my life.

So too the Gay Days conversations. Every year is a whole new group of the unitiated.

And you can see this in the parks every single day of the year.......from heterosexual folks! :rolleyes1
Or a guy and a gal at your local grocery store in the frozen food section. My kids have as much tact as I do and said Ewwww, very loudly.:goodvibes

When you say "everybody" you paint with an awful broad brush.

Would you use the same language when describing Brazilian tourists, people visiting for Tom Joyner week, Night of Joy, or Grad nights?

Look, I am not asking for a fight. I don't know about any other gayday years other than these two Octobers at DLR. I'm more concerned about the wave of red shirts running over my little sister. We were left with no other comparison. I've never seen so many people in one place act so rude. This thread is about complaints at gaydays so I figured I'd share my experience.

This thread is not going to go anywhere pretty.

This question (if you can call it that) has been asked 6,025,589,456 times and answered just as many.

Is there any possibility of getting this thread locked before feelings get hurt.

Anymore ridiculousness about this topic will result in this mild mannered mom going ballistic and getting herself banned forever. ::yes::

This thread is about complaints at gaydays so I figured I'd share my experience.

Complaints? :rolleyes:
The OP asked for "experiences" with gay days.
But like everything else these days - you ask someone what their opinion is of anything and you get a rash of negativity.

Complaints? :rolleyes:
The OP asked for "experiences" with gay days.
But like everything else these days - you ask someone what their opinion is of anything and you get a rash of negativity.

Pardon the TITLE of this thread. And it just so happens that my experience turned out to be very negative.

Seriously? Why do I have to sugarcoat MY experience because someone doesn't like it? This experience does not reflect upon all gays, lesbians, heterosexuals, dogs, elephants, anything! THIS happened and I am not going to lie about it or not say anything because everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I have had plenty of bad experiences involving heterosexuals as well but this thread is not asking about that. It is not my fault that this happened and I am not going to be ridiculed by someone I do not even know because I simply answered to the thread about someone asking for members' experiences.

Well June is kind of hot! Who picked that month? :sad2:

Hot?
flamingheadrunner3hf-1.gif

OMG - it was like the face of the sun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter