* Completed PlanningJournal and Trip Report*Disneyland Escape Wedding. 12/08/2011.

kipperoo

Earning My Ears
Hi! New to the boards but information on here was a big part of me deciding to "just go for it" and have a DFTW with just under 5 months from decision to execution. (We figured if we were going to get married at some point next year (as previously decided) we'd might as well do it before the end of the year since we'll both be in school next year and doing it in December will help our Financial Aid).

I'm going to try to do a pretty detailed planning journal because I noticed there isn't much information on here about the Disneyland Escape package and it seems like this particular package is pretty new.

My name is Katie and my DF is Geoff. I'm from southern california and used to have annual passes and go to DL alllllll the time... but I've since moved to Seattle, where Geoff is from, so we get down to DL every couple years... :sad1:
I figure if I moved far away from my favorite place so we could be together, he and his family can come to a destination wedding. When you're a little girl in Southern California, you don't dream of a Seattle wedding... I'm just sayin.

Anyways,
Our WP is Sue. Our date is 12/08/2011 at 10:00am. I reserved the date yesterday, so I will update as I get information for the next 4 months and 3 weeks, and then will give reviews, BOE, and lots and lots of pictures.

Our ceremony location is the Grand Californian wedding garden

Our Reception is in the Wisteria Room at the Grand Californian

So, I'm talking to Sue again on Monday and should be getting some idea photos from her for ways to use the spaces we're using, so I will keep everyone posted. I'm sorry if this was kind of rambling, I was at work for 11 hours today and then came home and did Zumba for some reason...

Yay Katie

Congratulations to you both!

Cant wait to hear more

Faye xxx

Congratulations and welcome!!
Looking forward to hearing all your plans!!

Hi Katie! :welcome: Congratulations to you and Geoff! Looking forward to reading more about your plans :)

Another Disneyland bride, welcome! We initially were going to go with Escape and then after talking to our parents our guest list exploded :sad2: so we had to upgrade to Wishes. I fell in LOVE with the Wisteria Room but it's too small for our guest count now. I'm so jealous you get to have it!

I can't wait to read the rest of your plans! popcorn::

Yay! Another Disneyland Escape Bride! :woohoo: Either way Welcome. I can't wait to hear more about your plans and how everything plays out for you!

Alrighty, I FINALLY have more information to give!

We sent out our Save the Dates (I feel so weird using the abbreviation :P)
stdcopy.jpg

And signed our contract (I just sent it back today)

We are doing the Grand Californian Wedding Garden for our 10am Ceremony
GCHScreen2-1.jpg

I'm going to be buying bulk white roses from Costco to do rose petals lining the walkway and then going up the steps into a heart shape around where we will be standing.

And our Reception in the Wisteria Room (Also at the GCH)
reception_wisteria.jpg

And really, I don't think the reception decor is going to be that much different from in the picture. Since we're doing a December wedding, we decided on blue and silver (Because we love the way they've decorated Sleeping Beauty's Castle the past couple seasons with all those silver-blue lights.) Since I'm set on upgrading to the silver chiavari chairs, I think we're going to do our own simple centerpeices with mirrors in the center of the table topped with candles and more of the white roses I'm getting from costco.

And, for our last update today, I picked out my dress and am super excited.
dressfront.jpg
dressback.jpg

Now I just have to zumba like my life depends on it before I order it in a month.

I'm going to have my hair down and loosely curled, with a birdcage veil and a silver floral decorated comb.
haircomb.jpg

When I get my planning kit I will give everyone another update :)
-Katie

Your save the dates look great!! So exciting that your plans are coming together. I would love to get my own rose petals but not sure how to clean it up, how are you handling this?

Can't wait to read more! I'm so excited to read about an Escape wedding! :goodvibes

Your save the dates look great!! So exciting that your plans are coming together. I would love to get my own rose petals but not sure how to clean it up, how are you handling this?

Can't wait to read more! I'm so excited to read about an Escape wedding! :goodvibes

Hey Mindy! Thanks for reading. I was super stoked with the Save the Dates. They're 5x7 and on cardstock and I paid $18 for 25 of them with envelopes, so I think it was a pretty good deal considering.

As far as the rose petals go, I was planning on having 2 pieces of light blue tulle the length of the aisle and about 6 inches wide for each side of the aisle and am going to have the petals on that, to make it a little easier to clean up. That way we only need to actually "clean up" the heart shape on the top of the steps which will make it a lot easier, and will add a little pop of color.

Oh, and I just got an email back from Sue telling us that our contract is accepted and our deposit is in, so HERE WE GO!! 4 months from today I will be marrying my best friend at my absolute favorite place in the world!

Hey Mindy! Thanks for reading. I was super stoked with the Save the Dates. They're 5x7 and on cardstock and I paid $18 for 25 of them with envelopes, so I think it was a pretty good deal considering.

As far as the rose petals go, I was planning on having 2 pieces of light blue tulle the length of the aisle and about 6 inches wide for each side of the aisle and am going to have the petals on that, to make it a little easier to clean up. That way we only need to actually "clean up" the heart shape on the top of the steps which will make it a lot easier, and will add a little pop of color.

Great idea! Congrats on your contract!

CONGRATS on your contract, your save the dates and your dress!!! :cool1: Very excited for you! Thats super smart about the rose petals! I was also thinking about purchasing wholesale flowers for my wedding at the Rose Court Garden, just to really go overboard with the flowers.

Alrighty! We received our planning kit in the mail and I'm rushing to get as much as I can done before I go to Miami for a couple weeks for work.

Here's some add-on price quotes for the Escape package:

Bridesmaid Bouquets- $100 each
Boutonnieres-$15 each
Wrist Corsages- $30 each
Flower Girl Baskets- $35 each
Plain white aisle runner- $85
Rose petals for Aisle- $125
Seasonal flower hanging for wedding arch- $325
Colored Organze overlays for reception tables- $25 per table
Full Length Satin table linens- $40 per table
White or Ivory chair covers with bows- $10/chair
Chiavari Chairs- $12 per chair
Short Centerpeices (round or square)- $100 each
Tall centerpeices (square)- $250 each
Upgrade from house background music at reception to Cd/Ipod hookup- $100
White Chocolate Castle Cake topper- $140
Floral for Cake- $200
Mickey and Minnie joining you for your Cake Cutting- $1350

Our menu choices were one that has Roasted Meyer Lemon Chicken Breast and Tahitian Vanilla bean Creme Brulee OR Mustard Crusted NY steak and Chocolate dipped strawberries (both include a fancy pants salad, bread, mashed potatoes, veggies and coffe/tea)

So, there's pricing information (current as of 8/25) for anyone wondering how much add ons are. (I know I was!)

To be honest, we're going without all upgrades except the Ipod hookup at the reception. We've changed our reception theme from Silver/blue to the pixar movie "Up" which is our favorite movie :) I found a lot of inspiration from a Martha Stewart wedding article I saw that described over sized balloons as the "new paper lanterns." So, I'll be making centerpieces with White roses in a jar of coins (our paradise falls fund :)) with one 30" balloon coming out of the flowers on a colorful ribbon. I'm hesitant to do "bunches" of balloons so it doesn't look like a kids birthday party, but I really love the Idea of having a few colorful balloons to accent the white linens and simple chairs :)

Here's some inspiration shots for the balloons idea-
balloons1.jpg

balloons2.jpg

so, that's what I have for now!

This is great info! You should post this in the Disneyland Weddings FAQ thread, someone was just asking about add-ons. I love the Up theme!

Hey sweetie - Just catching up!!! Everything looks great. This is going to be a pretty wedding!!

Thank you for posting about this! I think the Disneyland Escape package is pretty much the greatest thing in the entire world--- if WDW's had been like it, I certainly would have stayed with Escape.

And I love Up! There have been a few Up weddings on the Disney Wedding Blog; so maybe that will give you some more inspiration. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter