Computer idiot here

kimmikayb

You're never too old to be young
Ok, let's try this again....tried to post and got a server busy message and then my message was gone :confused3

There are days I am surprised I got to the boards but I absolutely adore the t-shirt designs and LOVE the idea of our family wearing matching shirts. Plus on our upcoming trip (Feb. 1 to Feb. 7) we are celebrating several occassions, our honeymoon (married in Oct), my 40th bday and DD4 and DS2 first trip. So I thought of doing shirts for those special things too. Problem is, I am a computer idiot. I can wing some things but not sure I'm understanding the tips. Do I need Photo Shop to do the transfers? I bought a package of Avery transfer paper, is this good or is there another brand I need? I can't find that I can print a mirror image? How do I get the transfer to where I can print it? I have an aduquate printer, I guess but I could use my mom's if I have to. Sorry I seem so slow here.

Can I add that finding this board has started our trip off with such magic? What a wonderful and generous group of people! Thank you!!

In my signature there is link to the Design tips thread - it should answer every question you have

Please, please pardon me already as I'm sure the answers are right in front of me. I've read the tips page...I'm not quite sure what the "layers" are. I have found out how to do a mirror image and I seem to have Jasc Paint Shop on my computer, will this work? How do I get the image to the paint shop? I'll try reading some more....my 12 yo can probably do it, lol.

First.. You have a starting image?

If you do.. open up paint shop.

At the very top click "file" then "open"
Then goto where you have the image saved on your computer.

When you find your image you can open it and go back upto the top and click "image" then "mirror"

That will flip the image for you in jasc paint shop.

Shriva said:
First.. You have a starting image?

If you do.. open up paint shop.

At the very top click "file" then "open"
Then goto where you have the image saved on your computer.

When you find your image you can open it and go back upto the top and click "image" then "mirror"

That will flip the image for you in jasc paint shop.
Thanks for trying to help this idiot :worried:
Getting my starting image seems to be my problem. Do I get the design from the gallery or request it from the designor?

I'm actually going to download Photoimpact...tried yesterday but there was server problems on their end. Going to Hobby Lobby today for t shirts. I just have to figure out how to get the designs to a place I can print them

So do I have to mess around with "layers"?

THANK YOU THANK YOU for helping me!!!! Seriously I really appreciate it so much!!!! :flower: :flower:

If you don't want to change the design at all you can just right click it and "save picture as" and save it to "my documents" or wherever and then find it and right click it again and hit "print" that should bring up your printer and you can set it up there to fit on the page/flip it the way you want.

If you want to change the design (change names/dates/ect) almost all the designers are happy to do that for you :) just PM them what you would like and see if that have the time.. if they are busy other designers can do it for you also. :)

everyone here likes helping people though so don't be afraid to ask!

Shriva said:
If you don't want to change the design at all you can just right click it and "save picture as" and save it to "my documents" or wherever and then find it and right click it again and hit "print" that should bring up your printer and you can set it up there to fit on the page/flip it the way you want.

If you want to change the design (change names/dates/ect) almost all the designers are happy to do that for you :) just PM them what you would like and see if that have the time.. if they are busy other designers can do it for you also. :)

everyone here likes helping people though so don't be afraid to ask!

I messed around and was able to get an image but it came out small. I'll mess around again tomorrow when I'm at work with my printer. I really appreciate your help. On the up side, I went to Hobby Lobby today and got in on the 1/2 off sale. Great price! :banana:

Shriva said:
post the address of the image and i'll see what i can do more to help you.

Here's the one I've been trying to mess around with
treatmelikeaprincess.jpg

But honestly I must just be too stupid. I can't download the photoimpact because I'm getting a server error there and no response from ulead ...I've tried my jasc paint shop, no luck. I did finally get a printing but it didn't fit onto a 8.5x11. I really feel dumb right now. It shouldn't be this hard!

oh great I post to you and there's the image!! Boy, if only I could send it to my printer. I feel like a big looser now.

Ok.. Put your mouse over the image here.. and wait a few seconds..

A little box should apear at the top left.. you can click on the little thing that says "print this image" when you put the mouse over it. (looks like a little printer)

does that work for you?

It should bring up the picture in your printer settings so you can ajust it to fit the page and stuff...

EDIT: you can also put your mouse on the image and right click and then choose "print this picture"

Try it on a plain piece of paper first.. alot cheaper then transfers till you get it right :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter