Concierge changing question...

Iris1974

Dis Veteran
I was wondering if you can book a concierge suite and change to a regular stateroom and then go to a concierge stateroom again that's not a suite. Also can you change the date and number of nights if this is possible. TIA

Shauna :eeyore:

The only restriction on concierge bookings is that any deposit made is non-refundable, but it is transferable. As long as you are modifying your reservation(s), you can do everything you mention. Logically, through all the steps you mention, the larger deposit would be the initial one, so you should be able to do all those changes without having to pay anything more.

I was wondering if you can book a concierge suite and change to a regular stateroom and then go to a concierge stateroom again that's not a suite. Also can you change the date and number of nights if this is possible. TIA

I don’t understand why two changes? You could just change from a suite to a regular concierge room and skip the middle step.

You can also change from a concierge to a regular room but the original deposit will remain nonrefundable if you cancel.

As long as it is prior to PIF, you can change staterooms, stateroom categories, dates, ships, and/or itineraries. The original deposit will remain non-refundable even if the changed booking is not concierge. The prevailing rates will apply when you make changes, but yes you can make as many changes as you want prior to PIF. Once you hit PIF the penalty phase kicks in and while you can cancel with penalty, you may not be able to make changes (depends on the change you want to make). Again, the original deposit amount remains non-refundable regardless.

Last edited:

We decided not to do concierge but just get a bigger cabin. Thanks for all the help. ☺️

I was going to start a new thread but this one was pretty close to my question-- just to confirm, if we book a concierge room today (paying a $2k deposit) and then our plans change 4 months out, we can change the sail date (and, if necessary, downgrade to a lower room category) but cannot cancel entirely? So essentially: once you book the deposit can be used as a credit for other sailings (presumably within a year or two) but it's never coming back as cash? I'm not worried about my ability to spend $2k on a DCL vacation at some point in the next 24 months, but don't want to lose the deposit if we change sail dates.

Yes, that is correct. Prior to the paid in full date for a cruise, you can change to a different cruise and/or stateroom. If your initial booking was for a concierge room, you cannot get a refund of your deposit, but you can apply the amount of the deposit to another cruise/stateroom.

Yes, that is correct. Prior to the paid in full date for a cruise, you can change to a different cruise and/or stateroom. If your initial booking was for a concierge room, you cannot get a refund of your deposit, but you can apply the amount of the deposit to another cruise/stateroom.
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter