Concourse Steakhouse?

turnlisa

DIS Veteran
We are thinking about trying lunch here. I had never heard of this place until recently when I received a newsletter from another board. Anyone eaten here for lunch? How is it? Do I have to make a PS? Do they even take PS? We are going in November and staying at the Poly. Thought it might be convenient since it is right on the monorail line. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Lisa, We ate lunch there a few years back. Fast service, large portions. We walked in while staying at the Contemporary. Ate dinner there two times while staying there in June. Awesome steaks, DH and I each ordered the ribeye, shared them with DD7 & DD9. Plenty to eat. Friendly attentive waitstaff too. HTH

We ate there in May. The food was very good and so was the service. We had lunch. It was relatively quiet and provided a nice rest in the middle of the hot day. Enjoy.

Stick to lunch and you'll do okay. The burgers are the best in WDW. It's a nice place to get away from the MK's hustle. Dinner, however, is so-so: stick to less complicated menu items.

We just had lunch there last week...

it opens for lunch at noon, and we were waiting to be seated as we got there early...I wouldn't worry about PS, as there were maybe 3 tables filled the entire hour we were there...

the french onion soup was very very good, and I try that almost everywhere I go...

We ordered a burger and a cheesesteak sandwhich and my DW and I split each one...both were very good...

kids got chicken fingers and shakes...they were happy...

we wanted to try it because we had heard good things about it, and we wanted to compare it with Beaches and Cream which is one of our fav lunch spots in Disney...and although it was good, it did not compare to B&C on any level...

overall, it's a nice quiet restaurant for lunch...food was good, service was very good...worth a try esp if you're staying at a MK resort...

just wanted to hear what others say since we may go here...has everyone found they did not need a lunch ps or was that just an off day?

Thanks to everyone for their replies! I am definitely putting it on the list. Thanks again!

It looks as though I am in the minority on this one. We ate there for lunch about a year and half ago. I can't even tell you what I had for lunch. However, I can remember walking out of there and saying to my wife that I was not impressed and she agreed with me.

It not that things were bad, they just were not what we expected. We have not been back since, and probley never will.

Originally posted by Charleston Zurg

It not that things were bad, they just were not what we expected. We have not been back since, and probley never will.

can you explain a little please..were the things you ordered just not something you liked ( spices or something) or just lackluster or lousy service ect...inquiring minds want to know:) I just ask cause sometimes it is just the meal that is off, sometimes the whole place and i am wondering which here

we had lunch here too I belive on our honeymoon in last September. DH had a pizza, I had a chicken sandwhich.

My sandwhich was really blah. On the cold side as well. Additionaly, there were NO people in the place (it was maybe 2:30? 3ish?) and service was slower then my 94 year old grandmother. I think we have 3 or 4 different people "waiting" on us...and it STILL took forever (I think there were only 3 or 4 other tables occupied at the time...yes, it was a very 'off' time.)

I would never go back...I'd had better counter service meals.

I have never had lunch there, but we had dinner there one evening on our last trip. We absolutely loved it. We were hot and tired after a day at MK, and we were staying at the CR. DDs (then 4 1/2 and 22 months) were cranky despite their afternoon nap. Finally, DH and I looked at each other and said let's get out of here. We headed back to the CR, and decided on a whim to try the Concourse as a walk in.

We were seated right away with a very attentive wait staff. The pace of the meal was perfect. DDs meals were brought out before mine and DH's. We were able to cut up their meals and get them settled just as our meals came out. Just as DDs started getting antsy, the wait staff suggested the painter's pallet for them (great idea!), so DH and I were able to finish our meal in relative peace.
The monorail zipping through was also a big hit with DDs.

Definitely pricy, but still well worth it. Food (and drinks!) were awesome, pacing was great, and entertainment factor for DDs was wonderful. Definitely recommend.

Several years ago we had terrible service too-- very very very slow. We had to constantly seek out people to help us-- and we are very low maintance. The food at this time was only Ok.

I am not a big fan of lunch at the Conc Stkhs but we LOVE dinner! Yes, it is pricy but we have always had good service and food. The french onion soup is wonderful and I had the filet which was also excellent! If you like a good steak dinner and don't mind paying the price, go for it!

Gina::MinnieMo

just had to add that breakfast is good there also, definitely recommend the Mickey Stickies!

Nicki

My DH and I had lunch there last December. My DH would eat hamburger for breakfast, lunch & dinner if he could and we heard they had the best hamburgers on property so we thought we would try it. We did not have PS and were seated right away around 1:00 on a weekday. There were only about 4 other tables that were filled. Service was excellent. I had a caesar salad. DH rated burger as an A and my salad was so big I couldn't finish it. It was very good. We are going there again on our Jan trip for lunch.

It's really one of those "just really nice" little overlooked gems. Unless you stay at the Contemporary and drag yourself in hot and tired and in need of food and drink, no one really considers it. Good food that's lifted our spirits on many occasion!!! We discovered the Plaza Restaurant at MK last Dec. I think it's another one of those overlooked little gems.

For the people that were unhappy with the food and service, I think that I read in the Unofficial Guide (my bible) that they have recently had a massive reorganization. I truly can't remember our lunch there a few years ago ( I had a pasta dish and I do remember it was good), but the times we have been back for dinner in the past year and a half have been great. Definitely give i another chance. You may be surprised!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter