• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Concourse

my4boys+1

Mouseketeer
Is this good for children? I'm so stuck with trying to find ts that I know the kids will all like.

I'm going out on a limb and will say no this is not a good place to take kids to. While I like the food here, it would be cruel to take a child here. It is right next to Chef Mickey's and all of the merriment going on with the characters is pretty much heard at the Concourse Steakhouse. It would be sad that the kids could not be part of it and you might find it too distracting. It would break my heart to hear a child ask their parents why Mickey doesn't come over to their table at CSH to see them. Of course, if you have older children they might understand. We were there last week and I found myself wanting to twirl my napkin around when the singing at Chef Mickey's started, but had to contain myself. As for the food, I liked eating there and plan to go back again.

We are also doing Chef Mickey's my kids like basic foods so I'm having a hard time finding 8 ts meals for them.

My 3 boys, DH and I eat at the Concourse every time. We usually eat at Chef Mickey's too. We love the Concourse. The food is great. You can watch the monorail, and enjoy the "craziness" of the CR and Chef Mickey's from a quieter distance.

My kids never had a problem with the characters not coming around, but that may be because we went to CM first.

We're eating at both Chef Mickey's and Concourse. We chose Concourse because the kids menu seems to have more options than any other Disney restaurant....real food not just mac and cheese or chick tenders.

took my boys 12 to concourse and they loved it. both ate off the kids menu because they were not hungry theat night and the food looked great great presentation like the adults.

My 4 year old loves steak so she was thrilled that she could have a steak at the Concourse last year, we have already made an ADR there again for this year. However now when we go out to dinner near our house she is dissapointed that the kids menus don't have steak or salmon as a choice like she had at Disney.

It's just fine for kids, IMHO, as long as you've been to Chef Mickey's.

My girls loved it.

we took our 4 YO GDG to the CS. and she was fine. She loved watching the monorail go thru. She also enjoyed the cookie dessert that she got to "paint",

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter