Confirmations and Devleoper Points???

surfer_ed

Disney/Marvel Geek and Proud of it
Anyone else having trouble getting a confirmation for a ressie booked with developer points? I have requested one 3 times now for a December stay, i booked back in June.

Starting to get frustrated.:headache:

Just became a member yesterday and made my first reservation today for Sept trip to BWV using the developer points. The MS agent couldn't complete my ressie and said someone would complete it in 48hrs. She ended up giving me her name as my confirmation. Hopefully, this won't be a problem, but it seems (without much experience) the process to book with developers points is outside the normal workflow for MS.

If you booked in June, I'd think you could get confirmation numbers from MS. I had some difficulties with my developer point reservations, but eventually was able to get issues worked out and got confirmation numbers. Didn't yet get letters for all the rooms, but did get a confirmation number via phone.

Those developer points are really messed up. I rented my points and when I changed the name on the reservation from mine to the renter's they cancelled and rebooked creating a whole new confirmation number. THEN, when I get the written confirmation it says they my guests check out on FRIDAY when then check out on SATURDAY. Member Services says that the check-out shows as Saturday and I believe them, but I have no idea why the confirmation doesn't too. It's a big mess and I will be out of the country when my renters stay at Vero Beach :(. I really wish I could be around when they are checking in to make sure that everything goes OK.

Reserved 1 bedroom at AKV concierge in February on Tuesday and received a phonecall today, Friday, with my confirmation number.

If you booked in June, I'd think you could get confirmation numbers from MS. I had some difficulties with my developer point reservations, but eventually was able to get issues worked out and got confirmation numbers. Didn't yet get letters for all the rooms, but did get a confirmation number via phone.

I got the number, just not the paper confirmation. Need to forward to someone who is renting the last of my development points.

Our reservation with our developer points kept getting messed up, finally after the 5th time of checking (everyday for almost a week) it was correct. MS said that booking with the developer points is different than a regualr reservation, don't know if that is actually true :confused3 . But we still haven't received a written confirmation yet.

We made a reservation for a Standard 1 bdrm at AKV in June. I made a couple of changes to the reservation and both times it was a nightmare. I STILL haven't gotten a confirmation # yet. :sad2: (BTW, I was never told by any of the 3 CMs I talked to that I had to wait until the 7 month mark)

The reason I think that MS cannot confirm the booking immediately is that they need to check when your 'unit' is available for renting out. I bought AKV last week and although I could book the following day the booking had to be for after Sept 1st when our unit is due to complete.

Claire ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter