CONFIRMED: Monsters Inc. to feature next Star Wars trailer

Tannerman

Mouseketeer
This was posted at Star Wars fan site, theforce.net.

Official Trailer Announcement Coming Soon
Thu, Oct 11, 01 12:03:06 AM EDT

Cinema Confidential sends us this report, confirming our SPY REPORT on which movie you could see Trailer A with very soon:
We've received word from a very credible source (we're talking 99.9% here) that George Lucas will soon officially announce that the "Star Wars: Episode II" trailer will be attached to copies of "Monsters, Inc."

Lucas and Steve Jobs (CEO of Apple/Pixar) have been good friends and the two worked out the details. Lucas has also reportedly seen "Monsters, Inc" and was quite pleased with it.

All I can say is that Disney could use the extra boost to help people see this film (as crazy Star Wars fans many times just go to see the trailer). Of course, this won't hurt Jobs' ego much either :)

That would be sweet...I'm seeing Monsters anyway with or without the Star Wars Trailer..

*raises hand* Um, I'd be one of those "crazy Star Wars fans." However, I think you'll find that most of us would want to see Monsters, Inc regardless.

If this all turns out to be true, it is a very smooth marketing move for Disney/Pixar. I already have tentative plans to see the movie the day it comes out and this makes it even better. But I'm sure FOX is going to have a preview of II on the episode I DVD that is coming out next week.

According to reports, no preview of Ep2 on the DVD... but maybe with the ROM link...

If George follow's his usual plans (Fox don't got no control anyway) You won't be able to get the trailer til its been in theaters. I would hope George likes Monsters Inc. He sold the company to Jobs anyway. But since Disney is distributing and putting their Name on Monsters inc, it my be best to thank Eisner and his relationship with Lucas.

Also, considering that nobody in their right mind went to see wingcommander to see the movie (the WORST movie ever made) And, Water boy got a huge boost too. Its good for both.

nobody in their right mind went to see wingcommander to see the movie (the WORST movie ever made)
I thought that high honor was reserved for "Plan 9 from Outer Space".

Hmmmmmm...
I wonder if this has anything to do with the rumored Episode 2 based upgrade of Star Tours?

Watching Emperor's on Wonderful World last night, they had clips from Monsters, Inc. including who is doing some of the voices. Forgot who is doing one-eyed but the big hairy monster is John Goodman.

Looks like a definite must see.

One Eye is Billy Crystal, but I've never heard him quite that excitable.

I liked the infomercial with Kelly Rippa for Snow White on DVD as well.

(I love Emperor's new Groove)

Here's the latest buzz on the trailer issue...

From theforce.net (http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi?storyID=12732 )

SPY REPORT: 3 Different Trailers!
Thu, Oct 18, 01 12:00:00 AM EDT

We heard this a while ago, and simply didn't believe it. We believe it now, and here's the scoop:

Trailer A: Monsters, Inc. - There is a trailer with Monsters, Inc. Your spies thus far have hit this right on the head. Look for this on the release date, the first few days of November However, it is the short teaser trailer, which shows some great stuff but is just the beginning.

Trailer B: Internet Download - There is a second trailer that will be available for download starting November 9th. We're not sure if it will be just with the DVD-ROM but we do know that that is true, at least initially. I would expect the full site to get it next though, so they can break the record download numbers. This is the favorite of the trailers so far amongst people that know.

Trailer C: Harry Potter - This is the long form trailer, and will premiere attached to Harry Potter. Why not capture the audience that fits perfectly the demographic that Lucasfilm is targeting this Thanksgiving. Also, since ILM did much of the work in HP, it only makes sense to showcase more of their amazing work. November 16th here in the US, no idea of the international schedule.

Look for a big boost in theater results for these films which were already going to be successful. Look for trailers A, B and C very soon this fall. You heard it here first.

Well, it's official....

From http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/news/2001/10/news20011029.html

Ep II Teaser Trailer on Monsters, Inc.
October 29, 2001

Pixar Animation Studios and Walt Disney Studios today announced that Lucasfilm Ltd. has created an exclusive teaser trailer for Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones that will only appear at the head of the new animated Disney/Pixar film Monsters, Inc. The film premieres on November 2nd in theaters across the United States and Canada.

George Lucas commented, "I have great respect for Pixar and deep admiration for John Lasseter and his team. I'm thrilled to be able to show audiences their first glimpse of Episode II with Monsters, Inc. It gives me an immense sense of pride to see our companies working together."

Does this mean that George wants Pixar back?

Also notice the lack of mention of Mr. Eisner and Disney.
I hate to Hijack the thread, but it sounds like Another Voice is right (I was wrong to doubt you) Eisner and George may not be on good terms

It was a very carefully worded release, I'll give you that. Who knows what George is thinking these days.... maybe it's the post-Jar-Jar effect.. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter