Confused about AP...

CharityLynn

DIS Veteran
Ok, My husband and I have booked Yacht Club, water view room for the end of Oct. For a grand total of around $1354 (for 3 nights) We have paid this in full, but I have been browsing and saw a lot of great AP deals.

I guess what I'm wondering is, is it worth it to purchase an AP and get such great rates? We haven't bought our tickets yet, we have a left over day each from last year and we plan on the MNSSHP. So we really only have to buy 2-1 day tickets (with park hopper options)

We do plan on another trip next Oct. so the Ap will probably benfit us on our next trip.

Oh and since we've already paid in full are we able to call and add our AP to our current reservation? Do they mail you a check before your trip for the saved money?

I think that's all..I'm horrible with math so I was unable to figure out the exact amount of savings, maybe when its quieter I'll be able to figure it out.

Thanks ahead of time,

Charity

Being that the AP rates aren't out yet for end of Oct. you may want to wait until they are out. If they do come out for your dates though and you'll definetly get to use the AP's the following year before they expire, I'd say it's probably worth it. I'd first make sure though that not only the AP rate is out for that time but that you can call and have the AP code applied to your ressie. Sometimes they don't have the room you've booked available with the code either because it falls in the wrong catagory or because they've already run out of the rooms set aside with the code for what you've booked. You can call and have the AP discount applied as soon as the codes are out if available without yet having purchased the AP though. You just need to show them the AP at check in once you arrive as proof you're eligible;) So I'd see if you can get the discount and then purchase the AP if you can as soon as you know for sure it will be worth it.

Best of luck!

When calculating your savings, remember you only need one AP to get the room only discount. Here is an approximation of savings (cost):

Deluxe resort discount thru 10/4 is $70/nt x 3 = $210 potential savings
Annual pass cost = $420.00
Savings from one of you using the 2 one day tix left = $120
Shopping/Dining discount with AP = $??
Savings from next years trip = $??? (hotel discount + one persons tix)

Definitely worth putting an additional $90.00 into now.

As far as a refund, I would see if they would credit your room savings toward the purchase of your AP voucher.

Wait for the code and then go for it!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter