Construction noise at the AKLV's?

dvcbnd

Mouseketeer
We just booked our villa at the AKLV's for Thanksgiving week and was told that we will be hearing construction noise. Has anyone been there recently and can you tell me anything about the construction and what the hours are. I was told that they begin between 8 and 9am but forgot to ask how long they work until. I was also told that they will be working through the weekends because they want to finish ahead of schedule.

We love the AKL and stayed for the first time this past summer. It's absolutely incredible and we truly enjoyed ourselves. We don't want to choose a different resort because we our going to be celebrating DS's 13th b'day and this is his favorite resort, but I am concerned about the noise levels. Thanks!

I would prepare for the worst. The main DVC construction has not even started. I was warned by MS regarding the noise for our July ressie so we will definitely hear.

During normal hours they stop around 3:30. If they are working OT who knows. We walked around the lodge a couple of weeks ago. We could hear a small jack hammer working on the floor above. :sad2: We decided to wait for a resi until next year. The bugs will be worked out, less noise, and by then the new construction smell of glue and paint will be gone. :scared1:

Construction sounds and the like are interesting to me rather tahn annoying, so I'll gladly watch the progress in November. They seemed to be very conscientious about informing folks of the noise issues.

We will be there in August so the construction should be hot and heavy by then.

MS told me it would only be during daylight hours but they didn't mention whether that included the weekends or not.

Who knows, maybe the low rumble of a jack hammer will be like having one of those massage beds you always see on TV :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter