Construction prep at Grand Californian with Pics!

If you wanted Hawaii, you should have bought Marriott.

That's not what the smart money does. The demand to trade into Disney via II is much greater than the demand to trade out of it. So I've never had a problem getting into any Marriott using my DCV points, and the latter guarantee me my Boardwalk view (arguably the best in the time share world). Yes, it would be nice if DVC built something in Hawaii, but the fact they haven't isn't keeping me from enjoying grade A branded time shares there.

Or put another way, the cake I have already tastes great.;)

That's not what the smart money does. The demand to trade into Disney via II is much greater than the demand to trade out of it. So I've never had a problem getting into any Marriott using my DCV points, and the latter guarantee me my Boardwalk view (arguably the best in the time share world). Yes, it would be nice if DVC built something in Hawaii, but the fact they haven't isn't keeping me from enjoying grade A branded time shares there.

Or put another way, the cake I have already tastes great.;)

I agree, and I am sure you will not have to wait long for a Hawaii announcement.

As this is an annual event, it would be so much more simple to reserve a Grand Villa for 6 couples for the weekend at 11 months out, and to arrange a Grand Gatherings type of trip.

Unfortunately, due to space limitations, I would not be suprised to find no Grand Villas at the new property. They take up so much space, and space is at a premium. Look at VWL and BCV. Now when it sells out and Disney announces a second property across the street, you may get your Grand Villa after all.

Looking to only add a few points here - just enough to stay in a GCV studio for 3-4 days every 3 years or so. We like to make DL just one stop on our once in awhile tour of CA. We LOVE San Diego - and when we can find a condo for less than $750,000K :rolleyes: maybe we'll look for teaching jobs in CA, too.

Unfortunately, due to space limitations, I would not be suprised to find no Grand Villas at the new property. They take up so much space, and space is at a premium.

Excellent point. When the BC DVC was added onto the existing Beach Club resort, it included no Grand Villas due to lack of space (ditto the Wilderness Lodge) . And the space Disney had to work with at both was a lot more than they have for the new California property!!!

So those thinking the GC DVC is going to offer the sort of villa choices my home resort (BWV, the only "hotel" style DVC with Grand Villas) has are setting themselves up for some disappointment.

In fact, when it's finished, the new California property is probably going to allow owners of HH to finally stop apologizing for having the smallest number of available villas!! The link below implies the new GC DVC resort may offer only 50 units!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_Vacation_Club

Excellent point. When the BC DVC was added onto the existing Beach Club resort, it included no Grand Villas due to lack of space (ditto the Wilderness Lodge) . And the space Disney had to work with at both was a lot more than they have for the new California property!!!

So those thinking the GC DVC is going to offer the sort of villa choices my home resort (BWV, the only "hotel" style DVC with Grand Villas) has are setting themselves up for some disappointment.

In fact, when it's finished, the new California property is probably going to allow owners of HH to finally stop apologizing for having the smallest number of available villas!! The link below implies the new GC DVC resort may offer only 50 units!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_Vacation_Club
Yes , I don't think the first DLR DVC will have grand villas, but think the second phase of DLR DVC will include grand villas.
I like BWV also, I was so relieved that the decor wasn't as girly as we had heard it was. But we did have issues with the lack of goods available at Green Door. We simply walked over to BCV, and found what we needed, so it wasn't anything to complain about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter