Coolers?

Baldrick

Earning My Ears
The coolers that one or two of you have mentioned buying from Walmart etc. Are these the same as our freezer bags/boxes? Only I recollect that some people have recommended having them in the room instead of fridges and putting ice in them. It just seems a messy way of doing it when the ice melts. Unless I have got the wrong end of the stick!

Advice needed or it's $10 a day on a fridge.

Reg

WDW - June 1986 - Offsite
DLP - Feb 2000 - Hotel Santa Fe
WDW - June 2002 - All Star Movies

:confused:

Hi Reg

These coolers are white polystyrene that you can buy for a few $ from Publix, Goodings Walmart etc. You collect ice from the machines, usually on the hotel landings, put your juice and whatever in and they will keep cold overnight whilst the ice melts, then just empty in the bathroom and refill. Not quite a fridge, but better than nothing.

Hope this helps.

Jessie

Hi Reg!

I bought one of the polystyrene coolers yesterday from Publix and would reiteration everything Jessie says. It works a treat and is definately a much cheaper way then renting one!!

Astrid

you can't beat advice from on-the-spot!

To add, we also used the foam cooler and it was fine - we put ours in the bath (at the end away from the shower) so it was easy to empty the melted ice each morning.

There are 2 styles of foam cooler - a cheaper style with sloping sides and a more rigid style which has straight sides and a handle- either will work, but if you can find the straight-sided one then they look more sturdy.

Bev

We spent all of $3 on one last trip, even though we already had a fridge in our accommodation! :crazy:

Ours stayed in the trunk of the car to keep the camera, film, drinks, etc. cool when we were out and about :) I would definitely have one again - for such a small price they work really well. I got quite sentimental about leaving it behind when we came home :rolleyes:

If you're worried about the melting ice making a mess - take a few large plastic bags (without holes in!) and put the ice in the bags rather than directly into the cooler.

Thanks for all the replies. A cooler it is then. Now if I could only find out where the nearest Publix or Goodings is to AsMo.

Reg

Reg, I think the nearest supermarkets to ASMo are probably (a) the one at Formosa Gardens Shopping Center (which used to be a Goodings, but I <i>think</i> has been bought by Winn Dixie) and (b) Publix just a bit further west along the 192.

From ASMo, turn left onto Osceola Parkway and head towards AK. As you approach the turnstiles, take the left hand lane towards AKL and turn left at the lights onto Sherberth Road (AKL is straight over at this set of lights). Stay on the Sherberth Road until it hits the 192 (not far - about a mile I'd guess) and then turn right onto the 192. Formosa Gardens Shopping Center is left at the next set of lights at the Splendid China turn. For Publix, carry on along the 192 for about another mile or so and you can't miss it on the right hand side.

Debbie,

Thanks a lot for that, they are a great set of directions. As a retired police officer I know just how good those directions are. It's going to be a great help to DW when she starts navigating. Beleive me she needs all the help she can get. (Just joking DW)

Reg

We bought one & used it in the boot of the van we hired. We were staying in a villa & didn't need it as a fridge. Each morning filled carrier bags from supermarket with ice from freezer & loaded it up with soft drinks. I packed 5 plastic beakers especially to use with it.

It was wonderfull to come out of the parks after a long hot day & know there was a cool drink waiting for us.

At the end of the holiday we packed it for the last time & used it at the airport. Saved a fortune on airport prices. We just left it next to a bin when we left. We were told by security that this was OK if we ripped off the lid so the contents could be seen.

:jester: :jester: :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter