COP is dead?

River Rat

Earning My Ears
The word is that the fate of COP is at hand!!!!!!!!

It has been closed as the rumors are starting to fly, With no date to reopen.

I hope it is just mechanical problems and not more cost cutting programs!!

Any cast members have any news????

Safari Steve what have you heard?

Let's hope it is something simple.

Rat

That is so sad! What's next on the list to be closed down...pirates?? COP was a classic, along with Horizons which I still can't understand to this day why it was removed. Epcot could have built a different pavillion to host Mission Space instead of removing a classic. Hopefully this is just a bump in the road and COP will re-open once people start traveling again.

I certainly didn't think that this would happen during the 100 years celebration. Heck, why didn't they just wait until Dec. 5th to close it!?! :mad:

Got any available seats in car 3?

We're having the same problem out here at Disneyland. Tomorrowland is a ghost town, submarine lagoon is empty, the ranch is empty, the skyway buildings are empty, rocket rods are history, the motorboat river is empty, country bear jamboree playhouse is empty, the big restaurant area across from plaza inn is empty, etc. Disneyland is just a shell of what it was about 10 years back. Sounds like WDW is trying to follow suit. We are planning a trip to WDW for Jan of 2002 but if I hear about ANYMORE closures we will not spend the $8,000+ dollars that it takes to get us all out there and hotel and passes. If any Disney people read these boards take heed, WE WILL NOT PAY MORE FOR LESS.

Roy

Mr. McCoy - be assured you won't HEAR about any more cutbacks from Disney. That's not because there won't be any, it's because Disney is going to keep a much tighter reign on information from here on out (far too many e-mails about the end of Surprise Mornings).

What we're seeing is the "first wave" of cuts; most of these were contingency plans developed last summer in response to the lower attendance and weak future bookings. The effects of the current situation weren't even factored in - and those cuts will make these seem like "the good old days".

Pressler should be hung, drawn & quartered!
I'm so glad I taped COP on our last visit - I was fearing for it's life, but thought there'd be no way they would chop it during the 100 years celebration!:eek: :eek: :eek: Next thing you know, the cut-back will be Disney World - Not WALT Disney World - oh, wait - next it'll be EisnerWorld.....

First I was sad about the closing of CoP.
Now, I am angry.
In fact, I am furious!
Enough is enough.
This is the last straw for me!

I will not pay premium prices for so much less.
I have always loved WDW, but I don't even want to make our planned trip in December after this.

Hmmm.... I've always loved the Grinch (BTW - I mean Dr. Seuss's Grinch, not the Grinch who stole WDW!).
Maybe I need to visit him instead of Mickey this year.
The cut-backs at his place don't seem as drastic as those at Mickey's house.
His people still have some incentives to entice me over to visit.
Of course, we haven't been skiing in a long time either.
Since we don't get snow in my part of Texas, that could be a fun trip this December.
NYC is a great place to visit, and I am sure that they would welcome our vacation dollars.

So many possibilities for great places to visit, once you eyes aren't clouded by pixie dust anymore!

I am so sad to hear this. I, too, was really hoping that it would be kept alive, especially during the 100 years celebration. I am now going to the www.disneyworld.com website and will lodge my complaint in writing via the "Contact Us" link. They might not want to hear my voice, but I will raise it anyway. Bring back the Cop! Bring back the CoP! BRING BACK THE COP!

It doesn't do any good to complain as far as I know. I think that I'm changing cars now for sure. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter