Cost of transfer paper? Good price?

kc10family

DIS Veteran
I found a site that sold paper 100 sheet light transfer for $70.00. Is that a good price? What should a light/dark sheet cost $.70 per sheet? It was an off brand and I have yet to buy anything, just doing research for my new addiction.
I plan to go to my local Staples to get 1 pack for starting, but I want to look for a better deal and figured i would ask you all.

Have a Great Disney Day!

At Joann's I got 10 sheets for $10.99 - then I used a 40% off coupon from the paper and it was 10 sheets for $6.59. I thought that was a fair price. The brand was Gartner Studios, Inc. They ironed on fine and we will wear them in Feb :) :)

Michelle

julia & nicks mom said:
No - that is a HORRIBLE price!!!!

here on ebay you can get 100 sheets for 100 plus shipping -

http://cgi.ebay.com/IRON-ON-HEAT-TR...97796QQcategoryZ26253QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

the dark sheets sell for more but will hold up better

92.99 for $100

http://cgi.ebay.com/IRON-ON-HEAT-TR...68244QQcategoryZ26253QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

I'm also looking to buy transfer paper to customize t-shirts for our family's "first trip home" as brand new DVC members! Sorry if this question is lame, but does the "light" paper only work on white/light shirts and the "dark" paper only work on colors? Would I need to buy dark sheets for red shirts? :scratchin

TIA for your help!

kahluacream said:
I'm also looking to buy transfer paper to customize t-shirts for our family's "first trip home" as brand new DVC members! Sorry if this question is lame, but does the "light" paper only work on white/light shirts and the "dark" paper only work on colors? Would I need to buy dark sheets for red shirts? :scratchin

TIA for your help!
you need dark paper for red shirts

but you could use the dark paper on the light shirts - if you look at the link in my signature with ironing tips - I have a shirt in there that I used light paper on a dark shirt - it might give you an idea of why I dont' reccomend it!!!

Just looked at your tips and designs, Julia & Nick's mom. You rock! I'll buy whatever you recommend... :worship:

I just bought some sheets at Staples yesterday (dear God was that a lot of $$$$$$), but I wanted to start to play so I did it anyway. I also ordered from the ebay links (thank you Julia & nicks mom for the info) so my nest question is this….

Do any of you have a business license and buy wholesale? Is seems to me that many of you make so many of these shirts and should look into it. Would it be worth it for a group of people to participate in a wholesale order? Person A buys the sheets and everyone who wants to play, pays for the sheets they want and the cost of shipping? Would that take the cost per sheet down? Or is that not a good idea? Does it fall under the do not do rules for DIS? I just thinking via my fingers and this keyboard.

Thank you for listening to me blab on and on.

kc10family said:
I just bought some sheets at Staples yesterday (dear God was that a lot of $$$$$$), but I wanted to start to play so I did it anyway. I also ordered from the ebay links (thank you Julia & nicks mom for the info) so my nest question is this….

Do any of you have a business license and buy wholesale? Is seems to me that many of you make so many of these shirts and should look into it. Would it be worth it for a group of people to participate in a wholesale order? Person A buys the sheets and everyone who wants to play, pays for the sheets they want and the cost of shipping? Would that take the cost per sheet down? Or is that not a good idea? Does it fall under the do not do rules for DIS? I just thinking via my fingers and this keyboard.

Thank you for listening to me blab on and on.
we have done a mass order before - but found the prices were pretty much the same to order seperately once we added in the extra shipping - I am pretty sure the prices they have on ebay are pretty competitive with wholesale

I am not sure if anyone has a wholesale license or not

thanks julia&nicksmom...I ordered some off ebay from both HPpaperboy and darks from New****ord Photo...even cheaper than my PrintOnIt website!
THANKS AGAIN!
Chris

I ordered the light sheets from the ebay link Julia and Nick's mom posted and it cost $28.99 including shipping for 100 sheets. The dark ones are more pricey at almost $1 per sheet. I haven't ventured there yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter