Costa Rica - heat

krysjames

Earning My Ears
Hello! My husband and I are looking at doing the Costa Rica abd in 2024. I’ve never been to Central America before and I’m curious about the heat. We are open to going at any time but it appears as though the weather is pretty similar year round except more raining or more dry depending. We recently got back from wdw in late February/March and it was during a HOT spell, high 80s each day. I’m realizing I don’t do well in the heat and can only handle so much. If you’ve done this abd, did you find the heat overwelming? Was it humid? What time of year did you go? Are the excursions pretty long with hours in the sun?

Thank you!!
-KJ

Hello! My husband and I are looking at doing the Costa Rica abd in 2024. I’ve never been to Central America before and I’m curious about the heat. We are open to going at any time but it appears as though the weather is pretty similar year round except more raining or more dry depending. We recently got back from wdw in late February/March and it was during a HOT spell, high 80s each day. I’m realizing I don’t do well in the heat and can only handle so much. If you’ve done this abd, did you find the heat overwelming? Was it humid? What time of year did you go? Are the excursions pretty long with hours in the sun?

Thank you!!
-KJ
KJ,

Flying back now from the end of our ABD in Costa Rica. The weather we experienced was

San Jose - day range from 62-77. Pretty dry, little breeze
La Fortuna/Arenal - day range from 75-88. Experienced some brief downpours near the hotel but not really bothersome
Guancaste- Hot dry and windy. Day range from 80-95. Expect to get sunburned and apply lots of sunscreen and drink plenty of water especially during the catamaran

Amazing overall trip

We took our granddaughters on the Costa Rica ABD in July 2019 and had a wonderful time. Prior to flying to San Jose we stayed at DisneyWorld for 3 days. At Disney we spent most days at the pool because it was uncomfortably hot. For our entire time in Costa Rica I don't remember being uncomfortable. It was warm in Guancaste as the previous poster mentioned but that was our last 2 days. While it was sunny at pretty warm during the day, the evenings were wonderful. The resort is on the ocean and the pool was wonderful as was the catamaran trip. We had dinner out doors one evening and it was lovely. The area near the volcano where we spent 2 nights was in the low 80's and very comfortable for the activities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter