Costco Disney Gift Cards

I was able to order 4 per day for 4 days 12/16-19. I got busy with other stuff and forgot to order any on 12/20. Starting 12/21, all of my new orders have been canceled.

Update:

On 1/4/24: My order for 2 cards was canceled.

Today, 1/13/24: My first order for 2 cards was successfully processed. My second order for 2 cards was canceled.

Update:
Today, 1/14/23, my order for 2 cards was canceled.

I guess I'll try again in a few weeks, assuming they're still available. It sure would be nice to know what the rules are, so we're not placing a bunch of random test orders.

I can't imagine they'd do it for less than 10% plus the merchant/credit card processing fees, so maybe 15-25% less? ($150 for a $200 card)
So what is in it for Disney to sell them to Costco for this? I mean, I guess people go to the parks and spend it.

So what is in it for Disney to sell them to Costco for this? I mean, I guess people go to the parks and spend it.
Exactly, it’s money in the bank whether they spend it or lose it. And if they go to the park to spend it, they’ll most likely spend a lot more, or sh0p Disney, or wherever, it’s already in Disney’s bank, so you can’t shop around or change your mind.

Gift certificates and gift cards have a fair amount of breakage. Plus for a lot of the sales it's probably considered an upfront discount on whatever they end up being redeemed for. 10% is a nice discount but Disney will still make money off of what they sell. And if it encourages someone to spend funds with Disney when they otherwise wouldn't then it's a bonus sale. DVC members wouldn't be their target but are part of the overall value the sale brings.

Gift certificates and gift cards have a fair amount of breakage. Plus for a lot of the sales it's probably considered an upfront discount on whatever they end up being redeemed for. 10% is a nice discount but Disney will still make money off of what they sell. And if it encourages someone to spend funds with Disney when they otherwise wouldn't then it's a bonus sale. DVC members wouldn't be their target but are part of the overall value the sale brings.
I’d be fascinated to know the dollar amount of Costco gift cards that went to DVC dues directly.. From me, and through immediate family who purchased for me, it was about $6k.

I bought 2 back in December and thought the maximum 2 may reset yearly, so I put in an order the first week in January and it went through for 2 more.

So far i have bought 10 successfully. 4 before the reset (2 and 2 with 2nd member on same account)4 after the reset and 2 more today. I have the executive membership and the visa for a total savings of $340.19.

Between 12/8 and 12/9 we were able to buy 8, 4 on my account and 4 on my husbands. We tried again in early Jan but they kept getting returned. Tried today and got 4, 2 on each account. Will try again tomorrow to see if we can get 4 more. In the end it'll end up covering all our dues as well as a little extra for dining on our next trip!
Update: Was able to order 4 more on Jan 16th as well, 2 on my account and 2 on my husbands. Don't need anymore right now but if still available may try again before our spring break trip.

When looking at the savings we'll save around $544 ($400 for the gift cards, $72 in Costco executive membership rewards, and $72 in Costco CC rewards). Best deal we've gotten on Disney GC, especially since the best we normally have is the 5% off at Target when we use our Target CC to purchase them.

Update: Was able to order 4 more on Jan 16th as well, 2 on my account and 2 on my husbands. Don't need anymore right now but if still available may try again before our spring break trip.

When looking at the savings we'll save around $544 ($400 for the gift cards, $72 in Costco executive membership rewards, and $72 in Costco CC rewards). Best deal we've gotten on Disney GC, especially since the best we normally have is the 5% off at Target when we use our Target CC to purchase them.

The Costco credit cards rewards is probably unfair to add in to the savings total since it's not incremental.

You could get that 2% with credit cards like Citi Double Cash or Well Fargo Active Cash just by paying dues online without a gift card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter