Could the current Trails End be temporary?

BaymaxFan78

Fort Wilderness Enthusiast
I know this may be a bit of a stretch but hear me out. The new building in the Meadows area is similar size to Trails End, including the kitchen. What if they put a new quick service here and close Trails End (again) to put in a table service restaurant? The inside of Trails End right now just feels temporary to me. All of the coolers and warming shelves are on wheels and can be taken out whenever. There's not much else to it besides the ordering counter.

My gut feeling is that we will see many changes and that the DVC component to the Fort will drive much of it. Not saying that its a bad thing. The Fort is iconic for many and a lot of us have a long history there, it wont be easy. In the end I think DVC will bring some spending on Disney's part that otherwise wouldn't have happened. I am hoping that the scar from the Reflections false start is dealt with soon. I believe that new building between the bus stop and Pioneer hall is just the start of something we dont know about. I dont buy the story about it being for CM's only. I could be way off base but that area along the lake between the Fort and the Lodge just seems too appealing to not be leveraged soon with cabins etc.

My gut feeling is that we will see many changes and that the DVC component to the Fort will drive much of it. Not saying that its a bad thing. The Fort is iconic for many and a lot of us have a long history there, it wont be easy. In the end I think DVC will bring some spending on Disney's part that otherwise wouldn't have happened. I am hoping that the scar from the Reflections false start is dealt with soon. I believe that new building between the bus stop and Pioneer hall is just the start of something we dont know about. I dont buy the story about it being for CM's only. I could be way off base but that area along the lake between the Fort and the Lodge just seems too appealing to not be leveraged soon with cabins etc.

My understanding is the reflections area is being used to support all of the electrical / internet upgrades that have been happening around the Fort. Now it is helping with the new cabins. This image is from February. They built a new CM parking lot which is good because now that land is "vacant". What worries me is if you look at the original permits for reflections, that is the same lot they intended to build. Maybe it's just easier to do that and not pull more permits. There is some sort of drop of / bus stop in front of the new building. I don't think the building was a part of the original permits.

Capture1111.PNG

It is a little weird to be selling DVCs, in theory, deluxe accommodations, and not have a proper sit down restaurant serving 3 meals a day. Pioneer Hall does not count, that's a dinner show. Is it really so hard to slap together another restaurant building and make omelets in the morning and gourmet hamburgers in the evening?

I highly doubt they would change it right back after redoing the space. I do think the DVC cabins should have access to a table service restaurant, but if anything, I think the new building would have both a table and quick service option.

Interesting. I do think there will eventually be a Reflections 2.0 and that may be why the dues for FWC are so high right now. Only time will tell! And all the new restrictions on RV rentals and golf carts that came out today...interesting, too.

My understanding is the reflections area is being used to support all of the electrical / internet upgrades that have been happening around the Fort. Now it is helping with the new cabins. This image is from February. They built a new CM parking lot which is good because now that land is "vacant". What worries me is if you look at the original permits for reflections, that is the same lot they intended to build. Maybe it's just easier to do that and not pull more permits. There is some sort of drop of / bus stop in front of the new building. I don't think the building was a part of the original permits.

View attachment 856397

Good find. I shared this picture back in January of this new parking lot being finished between the new TCD and HDDR.

and pullover spots along the road on the side of the parking lot that goes up behind to the new CM "locker room" building (for lack of a better phrase.

The drop off/pullover spots built in are, I believe, for the bus driver shift change vehicles (vans) that now park on the shoulder of the current Settlement Bus Depot circle. They bring 4-5 people to replace bus drivers there every few hours and the current circle can be a busy place in the evenings when HDDR shows let out, people return from MK, etc. So the new pullover spots get them out of the way.

I agree that there is a plan for dining between the proposed construction in the Meadow, the Trails End as it currently is, and the DVC that will eventually end up behind Pioneer Hall.

Bama Ed

I saw all that in February. The parking area seems to be bigger than the new building warrants. I had a feeling it may be a new bus stop/transportation area looking to the future. This along with a lot of utility markings on the ground in the Settlement area in general leads me to believe theres a lot of change coming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter