• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Could Use Some Help With Rooms

takooda

Earning My Ears
We finally have the dates down and which resorts we will be staying at. I've searched for info on resorts we have chosen but they seem to be for larger families we are looking at studios. This trip it will be from 10/21-11/11 (with stops at some non-Dis hotels) just the DH and me and we are giant 65 year old kids at heart. I may sound fussy but actually there are just "HOPEFULS" and if we can't get them no big deal. So here goes:

10/28-11/2 WDW we are booking Boardwalk with BW view and hoping for 4th floor. I have a map that shows room numbers. Was wondering if anyone has their thoughts on a good room number/area.

11/3-11/6 Vero Beach Deluxe Inn ocean view studio. We went for the first time last year and loved it, the only thing we didn't like was the balcony/terrace. We were on the 3rd floor and it had a solid wood balcony/terrace. I would like a room that has spindle type balcony so DH and I can watch the ocean from our room.

11/7-11/9 Hilton Head. I have never been there but any info on rooms would be good. Gonna do day trip/trips to Savannah.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Is your BW view studio already booked? If not, one of your dates is already not available.

Some what new to DVC. Called WDW and I can't book before 7 months because BW is not my home resort (AK is).

So new Question: How do you know if they are booked?

Hilton head is almost all 2 bedrooms. We were in a 1 bedroom, which most of them are near the main building, the Live Oaks Lodge. So, it depends what type of room you book. I believe the studios are mostly there too because the connect to the 1 Bedrooms.

We like the location close to some action, parking in underground lot which was great in the summer.

We thought the other buildings that looked into courtyards looked like they could get noisy. Our building was right by the boardwalk that lead to the other section and pool etc.

It is a beautiful setting. Hilton Head Island is beautiful.... I want to retire there....
Good luck with your trip::yes::

Some what new to DVC. Called WDW and I can't book before 7 months because BW is not my home resort (AK is).

So new Question: How do you know if they are booked?

DVC members can access the member website and view availability 1 months out for home resort and 7 months out for all other resorts. Jean must be an owner at BWV, since she was able to check availability. Even without that advantage, it is generally safe to assume that BWV and BCV will have spotty availability in late Sept through early Nov due to the popularity of Epcot F&W. And even after that, availability is tight right through the end of the New Year holiday. And you can pretty much forget about BW view and standard view for those times -- those are popular room categories and are usually booked up by owners before the 7 month window opens.

The best advice is to book your WDW stay at your home resort during the 11 month window and then exactly at the 7 month window, you should get online at 8AM Eastern to see if there is any availability for the non-home resort you desire. If you wait until MS opens at 9AM, anything that was available that morning will likely be gone.

Good luck with your planning! Remember, even if BW is not available at 7 months, you can do a waitlist for the days you desire. But I would definitely set something up at AKV if you absolutely plan on being at WDW for those days.

Thanks for all your help. We are trying to stay at different resorts and have done AK and SS so thought BW looked neat. We booked AK for now, but will check other resorts in april. Maybe OKW or FW.

Again thanks for your help.

HH owner here and I don't think you will have a problem getting that at 7 months out. As for location...we have only stayed there once and had a 1BR in the main building and a strip of HVAC fans were next to us (next to the master bed headboard actually) and kept me awake at night...not sure if any studios are next to those. But I will try to stay away from the main building next time (not sure if that matters either though).

Thanks for all your help. We are trying to stay at different resorts and have done AK and SS so thought BW looked neat. We booked AK for now, but will check other resorts in april. Maybe OKW or FW.

Again thanks for your help.

OKW should be available. What is FW ? Fort Wilderness? Dvc has units at the Wilderness Lodge which is near Fort Wilderness.....

OKW should be available. What is FW ? Fort Wilderness? Dvc has units at the Wilderness Lodge which is near Fort Wilderness.....

There are no villas at Fort Wilderness. You might try the Villas at Wilderness Lodge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter