Counter service restaurants

bebelle

DIS Veteran
We are going for a very short trip this fall eating only at counter service restaurants. Can you please tell me at least two of your favorite counter service restaurants at each park? Maybe even share what you usually order from the menu. And also do you have a favorite must have snack for each park? Thanks!

MK: 2nd'ing PB's and CHH (Sleepy Hollow has a good chicken/waffle sandwich)
EPCOT: Les Halles, Yorkshire Fish & Chips and all other WS options
HS: No thanks (Starring Rolls?)
AK: Y&Y CS and Flame Tree

Landscape of Flavors at Art of Animation resort is a great food court. Gelato, ethnic foods, create your own pasta and salads, etc. The butter chicken is delicious.

Sunshine Seasons is yummy. The salmon with potatoes and green beans tastes more like a table service meal. The strawberry shortcake dessert is tasty too.

Wolfgang Puck Express in downtown disney on the marketplace side is great. The creme brulee is incredible. The spaghetti is good and so is the roasted chicken with mashed potatoes. I like the salmon here as well for a lighter option.

Columbia Harbour House in Magic Kingdom is nice. I like the blueberry cobbler here and the grilled salmon. My husband likes the fried shrimp here.

MK-Cosmic Ray's, Be Our Guest (lunch)
Epcot-Les Halles, Sunshine Seasons
AK- Flame Tree BBQ
HS- Pizza Planet or Starring Rolls but I don't think anything there is that great. I'd rather walk to Boardwalk Bakery for lunch.
DTD- Wolfgang Puck Express

We love Be Our Guest for lunch at Magic Kingdom and now you can make a reservation on line for the CS lunch. It is the best value! Love the Roast beef sandwich and the French onion soup so much!
Epcot we love the counter service there. The Lotus Blossom cafe in China has yummy Pot stickers and my daughter always has to get the Beef noodle bowl. We also love to eat at the Patisserie in France! Great breakfast chocolate croissants and sandwiches and desserts! The caramel shop is also a must in Germany for a tasty treat!! The caramel popcorn and turtles are to die for!!
I also always have to have a Fiesta Margarita at the kiosk in Mexico!
One more thing! Wolf Gang Puck Express at Downtown Disney! A must for the flat bread pizza and Creme brulee'
Those are some of our favorites! Enjoy

Cosmic Ray's in Tomorrowland a the MK has a good variety of food choices with generous portions (you can split most of the meals between two people). The different stations can be a pain if you have to go to two or more of them to satisfy everyone in your party. Columbia Harbor House is good too. Go to the second floor for a quieter dining experience.

The Electric Umbrella in Futureworld at EPCOT has a pretty good burger if you don't want to trek into the World Showcase. If you do go to the World Showcase almost anything in any country. We like fish and chips in the UK. Almost anything at the shop in France. Nachos in Mexico w/ Margaritas.

ABC Commisary at DHS was OK as was Starring Rolls. Nothing special except the cupcakes at Starring Rolls.

Flame Tree BBQ at AK. I believe it is still closed for refurb. Watch out for the birds!

In Magic Kingdom, we love Be Our Guest. Great/different atmosphere for a quick service meal. We have tried almost all the sandwiches and cupcakes!

In Animal Kingdom, I second Flame Tree BBQ.

Hollywood Studios-??? Maybe Starring Rolls Bakery or Pizza Planet?

Epcot-go to world showcase! We had the quick service in Mexico, UK, Japan and the bakery in France.

If you are staying at Pop or AoA, go to AoA food court. Make your own burgers, pasta, salad. My pasta bowl was huge and included a piece of garlic bread. Just as much food for half the price of my bowl of pasta at SciFi. And better!

Great idea for a thread! I've been so focused on ADRs for our first trip, that I haven't even thought about quick service options. I hope that the ideas keep on coming! :thumbsup2

MK - Pecos Bills - child's meal turkey sandwich, Caseys - corn dog bites
AK - I can't remember the name of it but there is a little walk up place a little before EE that serves takeout Chinese type - love the fried rice
HS - I think it's called backlot something - they have a decent sandwich. We usually eat TS at Brown Derby
Epcot - Just about anything in the WS - like the Chinese, like the one in Mexico, love the one in Morocco, the one in France is not bad, fish and chips in England. While the food at the place in the land is not bad it's always so crowded I tend to shy away from it.

I rarely buy snacks in the parks since my meals tend to fill me up but have been known to get an ice cream cone in France at Epcot, ice cream cone in MK, ice cream cone at HS (see a pattern?) Cheese plate in France

We are going for a very short trip this fall eating only at counter service restaurants. Can you please tell me at least two of your favorite counter service restaurants at each park? Maybe even share what you usually order from the menu. And also do you have a favorite must have snack for each park? Thanks!

Pinocchio's at MK flatbread and meatball subs. Yum Yum During the Food and Wine Fest we used all our snack credits at the booths. Columbia Harbor House is a fav at MK. and I heard you can use a snack credit to get Corn Dog Nuggets at Casey's. We also went to Resturauntasaurus at Ak for a burger fix. You gotta love the toppings bar and free refills on soda.

MK: Be Our Guest The braised pork is our favorite meal here. Columbia Harbor House: I love the lighthouse sandwich, DH really enjoys the salmon, and my daughter likes the fried shrimp

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons: I love the chicken caesar salad. DH loves the pork chop. My daughter loves the Asian wok meals. We love their bakery. The only place we've eaten CS at Epcot in 9 years time is Sunshine Seasons. We love it so much that we haven't tried any other counter service restaurant here.

AK: Flame Tree BBQ: DH likes the rib and chicken combo. I love the turkey sandwich with the cranberry mayo on mulitgrain bread. Pizzafari: pizza and salad combos

DHS: We don't really have a favorite here. We usually end up at Backlot Express. DH goes for the burger and fries. I like the grilled vegetable sandwich. Starring Rolls: sandwiches are yummy. Desserts are great!

Forgot to add, in DHS way back on one of the back streets is a little book store that sells cookies, coffee,cupcakes, etc. Great place to spend a snack credit and sit in one of the corners and relax.

MK - Columbia Harbor House
EPCOT - Sunshine Seasons
HS - ??? (don't like the QS here)
AK - Yak & Yeti QS
DTD - Wolfgang Puck Express (Marketplace)

MK - Columbia Harbor House. Sit upstairs for best views & quiet dining. Their lobster roll is tasty and the fried shrimp is also good. BOG lunch (if still quick service) is good. The pulled pork was outstanding. I just wanted a small dish so no problem ordering the child's lunch. The tuna salad was also good. BOG can be very loud & hectic. You have to decide if the theming is worth the craziness.
EPCOT - Sunshine Seasons. The rotisserie chicken is very good. Instead of the side of rice/beans that comes with it, ask politely for their cheese mashed potatos. They will sub out the sides! Tangierine Cafe is a great choice for something different. The chicken schawarma is a fav. During the Food & Wine Festival, your DDP snack credits can be maxed out to great use at the stands.
HS - not great dining choices. Maybe Starring Rolls for one of their huge freshly made sandwiches plus the butter finger cupcake. Otherwise, I'd maybe get the Turkey Leg from a stand.
AK - Flametree BBQ. The ribs are tasty. Consider Yak & Yeti sit down restaurant for something different to enjoy the cool, exotic decor & try the appies. The appetizers plus decent tip really isn't much more than the price of most quick service. Inside Y&Y are thai & cambodian antiques including life size suits of armor with ornate masks.
DTD - Wolfgang Puck Express is great. Their individual pizza's are freshly made & huge. Enough to take leftovers back to the room. Earl of Sandwich is also a good choice. Don't be turned off by the long line. It moves quickly. The full montague sandwich is good.
Enjoy!

I can't remember the name of it but there is a little walk up place a little before EE that serves takeout Chinese type - love the fried rice

Are you thinking of the Yak & Yeti CS, aka Anandapur Local Food Cafes? I've had the honey chicken from there a couple of times and enjoyed it.

Forgot to add, in DHS way back on one of the back streets is a little book store that sells cookies, coffee,cupcakes, etc. Great place to spend a snack credit and sit in one of the corners and relax.

Writer's Stop, home of the famous Carrot Cake Cookie - finally found this place and got one last year, it was good!

My favorite CS meal anywhere is the lamb shawarma platter at Tangierine Cafe in Morocco; also like the fish & chips at the UK stand, and sandwiches/sweets at the bakeries in France and Norway. I plan to try Sunshine Seasons for the first time this year. Like ColumbiaHH at MK (finally going for the salmon next time), flatbread at Pinocchio's, and braised pork at BOG was great. After a few times hopping to Epcot for lunch on my DHS days, this year I'm staying put and trying a sandwich at Backlot Express. (Going for a lot of new CS this year, I'll have to report back on my opinions.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter