Cousin, eat until you sleep! Mom/Dtr. Trip, 2/17-2/24/18.*NEW TR Link* 5/1*

Is that for all pools or just public pools? I know a lot of people who won't go in public pools because it sleeves them out. It's weird because I am usually very squeamish and a germ-o-phobe, but public pools don't bother me. Probably because I grew up swimming in a pond :rotfl:

Pretty and more colorful :goodvibes

It's so pretty, who cares what it tastes like :thumbsup2
Andi is a big germ o phobe for sure, she use to swim in Disney pools years ago but now even those don’t make the cut. We have beautiful clean lakes in Minnesota and she will swim in a few of those up here but that is it.

The new bus signs are easier to read, I found them overall pretty accurate.

I liked the Mickey cake, it was so stinkin cute!

I have been once and really enjoyed it! Even though I didn't even get ice cream when I went, so I guess that's a good reason to go back :thumbsup2

What a nice evening at DS! Sounds like you made a good choice in going to Bongo's! What a great photo of the 4 of you with your nice view!
Yes you will have to go back to B&C for a sundae so delicious!
I would recommend Bongo’s for a different and delicious place in DS, we did have a nice view.

Oh really? Is it a germ thing, or a swimming thing? If it's not personal, of course. We don't typically do a lot of swimming, but it's mostly just because I hate being wet and have to get dry more than once or twice in the run of a day. We broke down and swam a bit in the summer though.

I loved the Mary Poppins stuff!!

This is such a cute little bag! I almost took this one home with me, but I restrained myself.

Nice picture! It sounded like you had a really nice visit :)
Yes it is a germ thing for sure, she has always been freaked out about pools but she would make an exception at Disney when she was younger but not anymore. She blames it on me, said I made her that way. :confused3All I ever say is wash your hands:rotfl: I am not much of a pool swimmer either but I do like to check them all out.

I didn’t see your purse, which is so adorable! I love how they are really expanding with the different characters/themes.

Dinner was a really nice time!

Yes it is a germ thing for sure, she has always been freaked out about pools but she would make an exception at Disney when she was younger but not anymore. She blames it on me, said I made her that way. :confused3All I ever say is wash your hands:rotfl: I am not much of a pool swimmer either but I do like to check them all out.

I can definitely understand that! I wipe down all the surfaces around me on the plane, and sometimes the stuff in my hotel room. People are germy, and it's gross, as was proven by how sick poor Andi got on her birthday!!

Andi is a big germ o phobe for sure, she use to swim in Disney pools years ago but now even those don’t make the cut. We have beautiful clean lakes in Minnesota and she will swim in a few of those up here but that is it.

That's funny! I just figure they are so over-chlorinated that nothing is living in there! And lakes kind of freak me out because of the fish in them :scared1: I like to be able to see my feet in the water :laughing: I guess we all have our quirks…no judgement here!

I can definitely understand that! I wipe down all the surfaces around me on the plane, and sometimes the stuff in my hotel room. People are germy, and it's gross, as was proven by how sick poor Andi got on her birthday!!
In February I brought the “big guns” The wipes we use at my work and we wiped down every surface on the plane and room. I am thinking they helped. They kill every kind of germ you can imagine.

Hi Caroline, I can't believe I missed the start of this and now you are 2 days in already. Glad to see you were able to adjust the trip. Traveling while that sick would have been horrible.

Your room at BLT looks great. I can't imagine anything much better than waking up to a view of the MK. One of these days we'll get there.

Glad to see you all enjoyed Beaches and Cream. We go there almost every trip and it never disappoints. We'll be staying at Beach Club in August so I"m sure we'll go again.

Bongos has never been on my radar but your meal looks and sounds great. Glad to hear Andi was able to hang with her friend from home.

Can't wait for more!

Hi Caroline, I can't believe I missed the start of this and now you are 2 days in already. Glad to see you were able to adjust the trip. Traveling while that sick would have been horrible.

Your room at BLT looks great. I can't imagine anything much better than waking up to a view of the MK. One of these days we'll get there.

Glad to see you all enjoyed Beaches and Cream. We go there almost every trip and it never disappoints. We'll be staying at Beach Club in August so I"m sure we'll go again.

Bongos has never been on my radar but your meal looks and sounds great. Glad to hear Andi was able to hang with her friend from home.

Can't wait for more!
Yay! Kari, glad to have you joining in. It was a bummer to lose the 2.5 days but you are right I would not have been able to travel.

We loved staying at BLT, I am so glad we didn’t have to cancel this part because it was a DVC rental and we would lost all our money!

I love your B&C reviews and had been wanting to try for awhile, I really enjoyed it and would love to go back! I’m jealous of your August trip, that is one of our favorite times and this will be the first time in 3 years we won’t be there. Darn college:rotfl:Bongo’s was definitely a good choice for us, the menu had so many interesting choices on it. I think it is worth trying for the different Cuban choices!

I love the chalk art, and it's so nice that Andi and her friend could meet up!
I really enjoyed walking around and checking out the chalk area, this area was not very crowded when we were checking it out so that was such a plus.
Andi enjoyed having a friend to hang with for sure, I also enjoyed the time visiting with someone my age as well!

Can it be Day 3 already, yes it is, oh my. Day 3, Part 1 Fun times in MK!!...........

I wanted to add in here our original plans. We were suppose to do the Desti- Nations tour at Epcot, I cancelled it before we left just in case we didn’t make the trip at all. We were fine with skipping it, it is a long tour 5 hours, maybe another time.

Hello Everyone, when I last left off we were hitting the hay after a wonderful Day 2.
Today was MK in the morning, Epcot later afternoon and dinner with our friends at The Boardwalk. Our FP+ was for later today at Epcot.

We were ready to go by 0815, I had my coffee and Mickey cake for breakfast before we ventured out. We stepped outside and it was beautiful. The sun was shining, clear blue sky, and warm, wow I had won the weather lottery this trip. We took the wonderful walking path to MK, so nice. I think I was the happiest at times just walking on this path. #thesimple things. We arrived quite early so we decided to take in the hub area and get some pictures.
C747EFA7-B391-4396-B7AA-C23EF4132074.jpeg 311473D8-01EB-4433-8C61-4BF095C0D3AB.jpeg B22C4678-839D-4BEF-8B4F-37F812B95C5B.jpeg

I love all the little statues of the characters around this area. I had to send a couple pictures to my hubby, needed to rub it in, how nice it was. He was battling a snow storm! We were so glad to be out of Minnesota this week. It wasn’t real busy yet this morning so it was nice to take it all in and enjoy the area.

We lined up and after the little welcome show, it was time to battle Zurg! We are not followers, no way, we went to Buzz, while the masses went to 7DMT or Space. I think we were fairly close to being the first ones on this ride. Well, surprise, surprise Andi was a galactic hero, again!! I really don’t know what I am doing half the time on this ride and Andi is sworn to secrecy apparently. She won’t even give her old mom a few hints, come on!!
38C985DF-D260-41FD-ACDF-41DD07D4DC63.jpeg

We took the short cut from Tomorrow Land over to The Big Top area, looked around some and headed to Under the Sea. I saw Scuttle butt (I call him that to make Andi irritated):rotfl:We do enjoy this ride even if we have been on it a million times.

We were having a leisurely morning, it was not real important to us to ride a ton of things so we walked back to the PM and had a nice ride around TL. It is funny how I notice different things each time we are on the PM. Love this attraction. I do believe it is way more popular now with FP+ for everything else. The lines are getting longer each time we come back. The awesomeness of PM has leaked out, bummer I thought it was my ride, lol!
049361A5-F7EF-4E57-A8A5-42447DEF0A65.jpeg

Time to hop a train and ride to Frontier Land. We do love the train and our great city of Duluth shares something with Disney! We also have one of the few steam trains left in the country. If any of you live in a really hot city in the summer, come up here it is beautiful with the North shore of Lake Superior, our Lakewalk, and the trains. We had a fun ride to Frontier Land, checked out those silly bears, singing some bizarre songs, then moved on to Liberty Square. Our favorite gift shop is in this area, Momento Mori, so we stopped in to check out the goods in there. We didn’t have any encounters of hitchhiking ghosts, bummer! HM was busy so we passed for now.

It was almost time for our early lunch at Friar Nooks. We wanted to try the new menu items “Totchos”. We were one of the first in line. We tried two different ones.
The Buffalo ones and the Fiesta ones. These were so good. The toppings were plentiful. The Buffalo ones had chicken, buffalo sauce, ranch, celery,and blue cheese crumbles. Fiesta had ground beef, cheese, onion, tomato, and jalapeños. I was so surprised how the tots held up with the toppings. The tots stayed crisp on the outside and perfectly soft on the inside. Anyone Napoleon Dynamite fans?? I think of the movie every time I say tots, lol! These were a hit for both of us. I think the Buffalo blue cheese were 1st place for both of us but not by much. Two thumbs up for sure. I would say try these for sure!
C95E61DE-7468-462C-BE6D-9F563428C17D.jpeg 43A066FF-8B80-4C33-A513-38C826CFD6F7.jpeg

We decided to see Mickey’s Philharmagic, get a new photo for us at the front of the park, shop some, and head back to BLT for awhile.
F2D54A0D-9A5D-4809-8703-DF2303986910.jpeg 26DF40D8-8E27-4F51-92E8-5083263E33ED.jpeg 0BC5E7AC-4A8E-4A09-8ECA-7AE2181816F1.jpeg

Stay tuned for Part 2 “Andi needs to let it go......”

Last edited:
It is funny how I notice different things each time we are on the PM. Love this attraction.
I know, I do too! I know what you mean about everyone else discovering this ride - I've noticed the line increasing the last couple years :sad2: Oh, well. It'll always be one of my favorites :cloud9: Few things I love to do more while in Disney than ride PM :goodvibes

We wanted to try the new menu items “Totchos”.
Yum! These look so good, I'll have to keep these in mind :thumbsup2

Cute early morning pics!

Nice leisurely morning doing some classic, low wait rides!

Mmm those tots look good! (I always think of Napoleon Dynamite too :rotfl2: I was obsessed with that movie when it came out!)

Love the photos at the Minnie/Roy bench!

I had my coffee and Mickey cake for breakfast before we ventured out.

Breakfast of champions!!

Well, surprise, surprise Andi was a galactic hero, again!! I really don’t know what I am doing half the time on this ride and Andi is sworn to secrecy apparently. She won’t even give her old mom a few hints, come on!!

Now what would be the fun in that!!? :P I've been trying to teach Nathan my secret ways, but he's still get to become a Galactic Hero either.

We do love the train and our great city of Duluth shares something with Disney! We also have one of the few steam trains left in the country. If any of you live in a really hot city in the summer, come up here it is beautiful with the North shore of Lake Superior, our Lakewalk, and the trains.

How neat!!

26df40d8-8e27-4f51-92e8-5083263e33ed-jpeg.309668

This is a great picture of you girls!

We arrived quite early so we decided to take in the hub area and get some pictures.
c747efa7-b391-4396-b7aa-c23ef4132074-jpeg.309670
311473d8-01eb-4433-8c61-4bf095c0d3ab-jpeg.309671
b22c4678-839d-4bef-8b4f-37f812b95c5b-jpeg.309674

Beautiful pictures. It doesn't look at all busy.

Andi was a galactic hero, again!!

I don't understand how to do it either…but I just cheated and googled it so I'm going to try in a couple weeks :goodvibes

These were a hit for both of us. I think the Buffalo blue cheese were 1st place for both of us but not by much. Two thumbs up for sure. I would say try these for sure!
c95e61de-7468-462c-be6d-9f563428c17d-jpeg.309665

Those look yummy. I love blue cheese on anything!

We decided to see Mickey’s Philharmagic, get a new photo for us at the front of the park, shop some, and head back to BLT for awhile.
f2d54a0d-9a5d-4809-8703-df2303986910-jpeg.309664
26df40d8-8e27-4f51-92e8-5083263e33ed-jpeg.309668

Great pictures! And I'm glad to se they moved Roy back where he belongs, since he was pushed aside in November for the Christmas tree :sad2:

Let’s get this party started! Welcome Everyone! Day 1, Part 1, This is how we roll!

With our flight changes, we unfortunately did not get a very early start today. The flight I was able to book was at 1:00pm with arrival to Orlando at 5:00pm. Weather god’s were being good today, it was partly sunny and around 30 degrees when we started our ride to St. Paul. This is a 3 hour ride from Duluth. We took a shuttle which is so nice and less stressful for me. I compared the cost and I would only save about $10.00 if I drove and did the park and fly, so this is a no brainer for me.

We arrived at the airport around 11:20am so plenty of time with our TSA precheck, love this. We did encounter one problem which was odd! Delta would not let me check in online, when I tried it would say you need to show additional documents at the airport?? What?? I went to the Delta check in desk and the staff checking me in asked if I was military without borders, what is that I am thinking.
I told him no, not military at all and he gets on the phone and periodically keeps asking me, are you military. Andi and I were just looking at each other wondering what the heck. It took a good 20 minutes but it was straightened out. Apparently the person that assisted me on the phone accidentally put military by my name when she changed our flights. The staff at the desk said this is probably why I didn’t have to pay the change fees. Thank goodness they didn’t charge me now. The lady on the phone told me because of my illness we would not be charged a fee, so who knows but we got it figured out and he fixed it for our flight home as well. Thank goodness!!

Our flight was on time and uneventful, I watched Bad Mom’s Christmas, it was okay, not as funny as the first one. We landed a little early so that was a plus. We picked up our own luggage since our tags were for the POP, this was actually quite quick. Here is Andi still dressed in her northern Minnesota attire, this is how we roll! I ditched my down jacket at the airport!
View attachment 305853

We got to ME and were put right on a bus, yay! We left fairly soon after we got on. Our bus stopped at WL first then BLT. We actually had our room assignment before we left St. Paul so that was nice.
We found the elevators and headed up to our room. The room was in a great location. We had a view of Space Mountain and Cinderella’s castle on the left and the lake to the right. The room was very clean, studio’s have a queen bed and sleeper sofa. Andi slept on the sleeper all week and said it was fine. I thought the kitchen was nice but big and took up much space, we didn’t use the kitchen much so wasted space for us. The full length mirror was in the kitchen. The bathroom was small but worked for us. The shower was okay but the POFQ shower was actually nicer as far as water pressure and flow. You all know, important things, :rotfl2:Here are pictures of our room and deck view.
View attachment 305854 View attachment 305850 View attachment 305855 View attachment 305851 View attachment 305856

View attachment 305857 View attachment 305859 View attachment 305852 View attachment 305862

After admiring our room and changing clothes, we were ready to hit the MK. We had 3 FP+ for the evening and needed some dinner. Can you all guess our first FP and our QS dinner spot? Stay tuned for Part 2 of this is how we roll, coming soon....................
Great View! That picture at night looks beautiful :)

~DVC Greg
#dvcrentals

We were suppose to do the Desti- Nations tour at Epcot, I cancelled it before we left just in case we didn’t make the trip at all. We were fine with skipping it, it is a long tour 5 hours, maybe another time.
What is this? I've never heard of it before.

e stepped outside and it was beautiful. The sun was shining, clear blue sky, and warm, wow I had won the weather lottery this trip
Oh I'm sure this was glorious given the winter weather you all encounter. We've been in February when its "freezing"and when its perfection. So glad you 2 got the latter. You deserved it after all you had endured!

Well, surprise, surprise Andi was a galactic hero, again!! I really don’t know what I am doing half the time on this ride and Andi is sworn to secrecy apparently. She won’t even give her old mom a few hints, come on!!
I'm so with you on this ride. I have no idea what the secrets are and can barely even hit a target. Jason, like Andi, knows it all and shares nothing. And I'm sure it not long before Casey figures it out too.

We do love the train and our great city of Duluth shares something with Disney! We also have one of the few steam trains left in the country. If any of you live in a really hot city in the summer, come up here it is beautiful with the North shore of Lake Superior, our Lakewalk, and the trains.
That sounds so awesome!!!

It was almost time for our early lunch at Friar Nooks. We wanted to try the new menu items “Totchos”. We were one of the first in line. We tried two different ones.
Yours is the first review I've seen of these and they look and sound awesome. Also totally loving the Totcho's name!

Stay tuned for Part 2 “Andi needs to let it go......”
This could go so many directions :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter