Cr Gv

yes but if it suites instead of DVC. they could definitely close it off to non-guests.

Disney would still like a 5 star hotel.

the GF was too accessible to non-guest. So the AKL which rooms were too small, and it was too dark.

if this is to be suites instead of DVC - this could definitely stop outsiders.

but I want it to be a DVC resort!:rotfl: :wizard:

Agree with wanting it to be DVC. Belive it to sell out fast if it's DVC.

Im still not understanding why we need restricted access to the pedway. it will be novel at first but will be routine shortly thereafter. These things are found connecting most convention centers to nearby hotels in most large cities. Maybe they should start carding at the monorail stations again as well.

If there is going to be a walkway between the 4th floor of the Tower building to the DVC building, I still don't see why it can't be used for all others wanting to visit it? If you want to limit access on it then at least let guests staying at the Contemporary in the Tower and South Garden Wing access it that way, to make it fair. If I wanted to see it why should I go the long way of entering threw the front door on the outside, when there is this walkway from the 4th floor?

That is my point exactly.
Why should guests with disabilities have go the long way of entering through the front door on the outside, when there is this walkway from the 4th floor?

If they build a moving sidewalk that is not handicapped accessible that is what will happen to all of us who need a WC or EVC.

But since you are able bodied you can use the moving sidewalk and come and go as you please.

Have fun at Disney!:wizard:

Linda, the moving walkway at US has a regular walkway next to it.

this could be the same. I didn't see the plans. only heard about it. but hey it does have a walkway and I get a room without fireworks - guess where I will be.... if I can!!!:rotfl: ;)

Im still not understanding why we need restricted access to the pedway. it will be novel at first but will be routine shortly thereafter. These things are found connecting most convention centers to nearby hotels in most large cities. Maybe they should start carding at the monorail stations again as well.
You make some very good observations. Also when were they ever carding at the Monorail stations and what were the reasons to do that?

Linda, the moving walkway at US has a regular walkway next to it.

this could be the same. I didn't see the plans. only heard about it. but hey it does have a walkway and I get a room without fireworks - guess where I will be.... if I can!!!:rotfl: ;)

:) you and how many other people?;)

I agree I think if there is a moving sidewalk there will also be a walkway next to it.

BTW
Relax asianway and CR Resort 4 Life.

I was just kidding and did not think you would take me seriously --- I am so tired of having to take the long way around in Vegas just because I use a scooter I was turning the tables so others may see what it is like from my perspective.

My post was just me trying to make a point.

I did a poor job and I do apologize.

Have fun at Disney!

BTW
Relax asianway and CR Resort 4 Life.

I was just kidding and did not think you would take me seriously --- I am so tired of tied of taking the long way around in Vegas just because I use a scooter I was turning the tables so others may see what it like from my perspective.
I can only speak for myself and not for asianway so when you said something like the ramp should only be for DVC members only it caught me by surprise. Whenever there was talk of this ramp from the 4th floor to the DVC building at the Contemporary, no one ever made the suggestion that access should be restricted because it was assumed that this was for everyone to use.

I am so tired of having to take the long way around in Vegas just because I use a scooter I was turning the tables so others may see what it is like from my perspective.

To be fair, most of the moving sidewalks in Vegas that restrict ECVs and WC turn into escalators at some point. Like Excalibur. It's just not possible to drive an ECV on an escalator (though I have seen some daredevil manual wheelchair users do it).

I expect the moving walkway would have a stationary one beside it. After all, all strollers would be banned from the moving walkway as well. Too many safety hazards of getting stuck at the end when you bump up the wheels. (Though I have done a moving walkway in my powerchair. It just gets a little dicey if there's a sizeable bump throwing off my anti-tip wheels at the end.)

You make some very good observations. Also when were they ever carding at the Monorail stations and what were the reasons to do that?
AT DLR they carded the monorail guests for hotel guests only during construction of DCA, and other times when the monorail was travelling in two directions over the same beamway. They regularly card guests for tickets,or AP's, as the monorail stops inside Disneyland.

they definitely use to card the Mk resort monrail. they stopped with the unoffical guide say that the tickets say tranportation.

you will notice that the new tickets don't. So they may go back to refusing people the MK resort monrail.

they definitely use to card the Mk resort monrail. they stopped with the unoffical guide say that the tickets say tranportation.

you will notice that the new tickets don't. So they may go back to refusing people the MK resort monrail.
I had no idea that the new tickets don't say anything about use of transportation, since the tickets my family and I use are on a seperate KTTW card.

So if they have to restrict Monorail access a bit during the busy times I would have no problem if it's during the busy times to let more guests of the Contemporary, Polynesian and Grand Floridian on. Also they would still let guests on who have a confirmed ADR's at any of the restaurants in those Resorts.

I don't understand the monorail carding thing? I thought all resorts guests could use the monorail?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter