Kevin O'Brien

Mouseketeer
Here are the names of each crayon

The yellow crayon is called Rod
The blue crayon is called Denny
The red crayon is called Scarlet
The green crayon is called Gus

Crayola_again.png

I would only do this if I plan to have a commercial, animation, cartoon etc. Where the crayons are personified. Like M&Ms, then you could think about names. If not, this is random.

And yes, either use names that are related to the colour, like Scarlet to Red or same initial.

From the Crayola crayon characters my favourite crayons are Rod (yellow) as he's helpful and friendly and also Scarlet (Red) is great fun as she is always ready for adventure.

Interesting. I haven’t seen a commercial or TV show with these characters, but I think they’re cute. When my DS was young (20+ years ago), one of his favorite places to visit (day trip for us) was The Crayola Factory in Easton, PA. Lots of displays and hands-on activities for kids. It’s been rebranded as The Crayola Experience with additional locations in Orlando and several other US cities. So maybe they are promoted at those attractions? (Not really on my radar now, as my child is an adult and don’t yet have grandkids.)

And yes, either use names that are related to the colour, like Scarlet to Red or same initial.
So apparently, besides Scarlet (the red crayon), the others are nicknames for their full names. The yellow is Goldenrod, blue is Denim, and green is Asparagus. :bitelip:

green is Asparagus
One of the creatives must have seen the musical Cats right before he had to deliver the names. He panicked, couldn't think of a name for the green one. He had just seen the show and nicks the name Gus, short for Asparagus, from there :p

And everyone else in the room: "Brilliant!"

Last edited:
One of the creatives must have seen the musical Cats right before he had to deliver the names. He panicked, couldn't think of a name for the green one. He had just seen the show and nicks the name Gus, short for Asparagus, from there :p

Possibly, but all of them are actual Crayola crayon colors that existed for years before the characters. And there are a number of others named for fruits and vegetables, such as Carrot, Eggplant, Banana, Tangerine, etc.

Last edited:
This is bonkers. I looked it up, they're "spokes crayons" featured in animated promos. The characters were originally created in 2016, and they still haven't quite hit it as big as the M&M crew.

Do the Fruit of the Loom fruits have names too?

I name my squirrels so I guess it's reasonable. :crazy:
One summer I had a “pet” squirrel. I’d sit on the back deck and it would approach looking for handouts. Gradually it got accustomed to me and eventually would take food out of my hand.

Then I went back to college and the next summer it never reappeared.

Her name (I have no idea if it was female) was Jadwiga.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter