Create Your Own Ear Hats Photos

I love it!! I will totally make one for my 30th birthday!!

Do hats come in toddler/infant sizes now??????

I was just going to ask this question too. When my DH and I went last year (without any of the kids) we brought DS then 9 months old back the light blue ears that say my first ears but I think we have to do this for (at least) him when we go in June. If not for all of us. :dance3:

We got our DS now 3 when he was 1 they had a mouse ears hat with a chin strap attached for little kids. Hope that helps PP! My question, would it be possible to take the ears that I already have for everyone, that are embroidered- and add patches to those? Thanks!

Since the thread got moved it has just died. I check for a response every day. Here is still hoping...Anyone know about infant/toddler sizes? Anyone....:surfweb:

My kids each made their own ears on our last trip. The make your own ears only come in 1 size and they have a chin strap. The regular ears come in a kids size and adult size. The kids size have a chin strap, the adult size doesn't. Note: My daughter made her ears with fuzzy pink ears and they seem to be too heavy and fall off the hat quite often. (The ears snap onto the beanie).

We got our DS now 3 when he was 1 they had a mouse ears hat with a chin strap attached for little kids. Hope that helps PP! My question, would it be possible to take the ears that I already have for everyone, that are embroidered- and add patches to those? Thanks![/QUOTE

The patches my kids got had a sticky back on them, so all you did was stick them on the ears. I'm sure they'll let you buy just the patches. I heard somebody saying some of them were iron on patches and you had to do those yourself, they wouldn't put them on for you.

Man, that stitching looks awful! (No offense to the DISers who have shared their photos) It just does not seem to hold a candle to the chain stitching done by hand. That was such a neat thing to see the CM put your name on your hat in such an artistic way. I wonder why they did away with it? :confused3

forgive me for being uninformed... but what is the price of the "regular" black ear hats? some have commented that $11 for these create-your-own is expensive, but i had assumed the regular ones were at least that much.

That's what I was thinking. I really don't think it's that much. So there is a size for adults? I didn't read the whole thread. I think if we bought any souv. this would be it.

I really wish they made Mickey Mouse ears for those of us with big heads or a lot of hair..the regular ones never fit right.:sad1:

Thanks to the OP for posting this. I had read about being able to make your own ears in someone's TR, but I have never heard about it before. This looks so fun!!!! :woohoo:

The patches my kids got had a sticky back on them, so all you did was stick them on the ears. I'm sure they'll let you buy just the patches. I heard somebody saying some of them were iron on patches and you had to do those yourself, they wouldn't put them on for you.

We got our ears done in April of this year. My daughter got A hot pink beanie with pink faux fur trim, lime green ears (and she's not even a DISser!), her name stitched on the front (in black thread) and a Goofy patch on the back. Hubby got a navy beanie, Fireworks ears and his name stitched on the back. (I got the same as he did). With 6 ears, 3 beanies, 1 patch and 3 names, we spent just under $50. Oh, and I think ALL three beanies we chose had chin-straps (us adults wore the straps under our hair instead of our chins).

I debated getting a classic black beanie with my name on it, but I think the price was $9.95 for one. I decided to splurge the extra buck or so for a fancy set of ears. :thumbsup2

Regarding the patches, we had our patch ironed on while we waited. The patches are sticky so you can stick it where you want it to finish designing your hat. BUT--you may want to re-iron them when you get home. DD's fell off a few months after she got home (though, she likes to break things, so she could have picked the silly thing off!) :confused:

ry%3D320

The neatest thing, though, was having cast members comment on our ears. Back in April is was brand-new, so I don't think a lot of CMs even knew about this! When we stopped to ask a CM about the fireworks, he commented on DDs ears. DD took them off and handed them to the CM, who put them on and modeled for me!

ry%3D320

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter