Crimes at The Happiest Place on Earth...

While I agree with the law enforcement person that the pedophiles are everywhere I don't remember ever hearing any evidence of pedophiles "flocking" to WDW. I would believe there are probably no more and no fewer pedophiles there than there would be anywhere else that people congregate.

It would be kind of hard to prove or disprove simply because ALOT of them never register thier whereabouts, and honestly I lived nextdoor to one for YEARS and never knew.They don't exactly go around with a neon sign .BUT it is truly feasible that they will go where children are found to be..Schools, Malls, Playgrounds and YES themeparks.One of my dearest friends works with trying to rehabilitate pedophiles in prison, and most often they have claimed that they go to where kids are Known to be, and where parents are not , and if the parents are there they are preoccupied.

That does not mean there's a pedophile convention going on at WDW. There won't be any more or less of a percentage there than there might be at another theme park or a mall or a baseball game.

That does not mean there's a pedophile convention going on at WDW. There won't be any more or less of a percentage there than there might be at another theme park or a mall or a baseball game.

I didn't say that there was:confused3 I just said it is feasible to think that they would go where children are.

Why would they be without parents??? Just curious... (not flaming, we just try to stay together on vaca)

Well, DH has no interest in most of the rides (especially the "scary" ones (LOL), like RnRC and TOT. There are other things that big sis would just like to do with little sis, not necessarily with us. Who knows, we may all end up sticking together, but there may also be something the girls want to do without us. Also, we have a dinner ressie one night without the kids. We figured they could do dinner on their own close to our resort, then back to the resort for the bonfire/beach movie until we get back. However, if we decide, once we're there, that it doesn't seem like the right thing, we'll just change our ADR to accomodate them, too. We are mostly together most of the time in our daily lives. I'd be lying if I said that a kidless dinner didn't sound like a nice change of pace!;)

I don't see why not. As long as your daughters are attentive and stay together, it should really not be any different than them being with you. You should establish rules and guidelines, just to be safe.

And if you're still looking for cases, I know a site that is an interesting read, even if you're not looking about crimes at Disney Parks. Although, since I only have 4 posts I can't post it. If you google "incidents at disney world" the first link should take you to it-it's a wikipedia page.

Wow dawgfan, what an awesome and informational post...not just for WDW, but just in general.

:cool2:

If you would trust your 17 year old to take your 7 year old for dinner at home then WDW shouldn't be any different. Frankly, they're probably safer at WDW than in your hometown. Pedophiles and weirdos are unlikely to fork over the $$ to prey on young children at WDW when they can do it for free at a mall near them. The security, cameras and layout of WDW make it much more difficult for assaults, abductions etc to occur as opposed to the local mall or other places your daughters may be.

yes, you are correct it shouldn't be any different, however, why or how would a perp have to fork over money to walk in a Disney Parking lot, get on their transportation, walk around their common grounds. Sure, they aren't going to pay to enter a park, but when you say mall near them, they may very well live near Disney.. not everyone there is there on vacation...

this is an older story link.. but it does tell a true tale...

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/9247004/detail.html?rss=orlpn&psp=news
Sex Offenders Found Living Near Disney, Tourist Attractions

Now that being said, yes.. if the 17 year old is a mature one & capable of doing it at home, then by all means, she can do it there as well..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter