Crowd Levels When Parks Reopen

nkereina

Last chance to lose your keys.
I realize its impossible to know, but for conversation sake, does everyone think Disney will be insanely packed in the first week or two after they do re-open? People will have missed it, are going stir crazy from time at home, and will be anxious to get back in the parks. Or do you think it will be empty at first and little by little get back to normal/higher than normal crowd levels? People may still be cautious about traveling, may no longer have the funds for it due to the impacts of jobs, don't want to miss more school, or may have already re-scheduled until the Fall/Winter months. Just curious what the general opinion is of this.

I realize its impossible to know, but for conversation sake, does everyone think Disney will be insanely packed in the first week or two after they do re-open? People will have missed it, are going stir crazy from time at home, and will be anxious to get back in the parks. Or do you think it will be empty at first and little by little get back to normal/higher than normal crowd levels? People may still be cautious about traveling, may no longer have the funds for it due to the impacts of jobs, don't want to miss more school, or may have already re-scheduled until the Fall/Winter months. Just curious what the general opinion is of this.
It depends on if they open it prematurely.

I think crowds will be low due to on-going Corona fear and no doubt Disney won’t be open 100%, probably closer to 50%, so that will keep families away.

Depending on how long the country is shut down, I’m afraid a lot of people will not be able to go due to financial issues. Probably at first you’ll see a lot locals who are there for the day and already have FL APs. But for people who have pay for flights, extra hotels if driving, tickets, and Disney hotels it might be more than they can afford til the economy bounces back. Unemployment checks and CKs from the government will only go as far as to pay bills. I think unless someone either already has the extra cash to spend & doesn't need it for other things or has already prepaid for their vacation, they probably won’t want to use it for a large expensive vacation. Just my $.02

FYI, since the question is more speculation/opinion than factual (and has the ability to go well off topic), moved these posts to a new thread rather than the bigger WDW Park Closure thread. Thanks.

It depends on if they open it prematurely.

Yes, I think it depends on what the state of things are as compared to the opening date.

I was there earlier this month and I can tell you that I would not go when they first open. The overriding thought the entire time was: don't touch the rails, use a wipe, use a gel, find a bathroom and do a full hand wash, spray down items when you return to your room, should i wash my glasses, wipe down the phone, let's walk this way - less people, get angst-y when people go way too close in a line, grab a napkin to use when I have to enter a PIN, etc.

Obviously that's me, but it's such a shame to have that overriding "am I doing the right thing being here" while you are there. Our answer was "No, we are not" and we cut a day off our trip and came home.

I think as the year progresses a lot of people who cancelled and have an airline credit to be used will go to Disney especially if huge discounts are offered to get people in the parks/resorts again. However, I believe the majority who had planned on 2020 but not booked anything yet will put it off for 2021 and the 50th anniversary. I foresee Disney raising their prices next year when things go back to normal way more than what they usually do and expect Christmas-like crowds irregardless throughout the year.

I think as the year progresses a lot of people who cancelled and have an airline credit to be used will go to Disney especially if huge discounts are offered to get people in the parks/resorts again. However, I believe the majority who had planned on 2020 but not booked anything yet will put it off for 2021 and the 50th anniversary. I foresee Disney raising their prices next year when things go back to normal way more than what they usually do and expect Christmas-like crowds irregardless throughout the year.
I don’t think the economy will bounce back quickly enough for the market to bear those kinds of increases. I really, really hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think we’ll be “back to normal” by 2021. People aren’t just losing pay, people are losing jobs, and people are losing businesses. People who have kept their jobs (for now) have seen their portfolios tumble, and who knows how long their stocks will take to recover. It’s not just a matter of confidence in the market; lots of companies are going to have ongoing supply problems from manufacturing shut downs in China.

I also don’t think the average person cares about the 50th anniversary. If your family only goes to Disney every 3, 5, or 10 years, it doesn’t matter if it’s a special year or there are new rides. If people don’t have confidence they can pay their bills, they’re not spending thousands on Disney when they could take many other vacations for a fraction of the price.

The sooner things clear up the bigger the crowds will be when things open back up. That might sound odd but the longer this goes on the more people are going to get laid off and lose the ability to go.

FYI, since the question is more speculation/opinion than factual (and has the ability to go well off topic), moved these posts to a new thread rather than the bigger WDW Park Closure thread. Thanks.
Thank you - sorry about that!

I think crowd levels will be low for a long time.

Fear and uncertainty for some taking airplanes. Job loss. Vacation loss. School disruptions, etc....

But the bigger picture is the international travellers who have taken huge financial hits. Most will likely need to cancel.

If they re-open sometime this summer, that means that C-19 will still be active with no vaccine, though perhaps better understood and managed. With that significant levels of social distancing will be needed so the crowds may not be limited by demand, but rather set to the levels needed for social distancing. Similarly what is open at the parks will in part be based on the practicality of social distancing in specific cases.

I have suggested that on site guests only at the parks is a likely scenario at restart.

From what we hear,
1) Disney expects a flood of guests.
2) THINK, pent-up demand!
3) THINK, shoulder-to-shoulder crowds for a while.
What is it that you’re hearing? I see they are offering a free dining option for those who had to cancel, so they must not have had enough re-bookings and are trying to entice people back.

not to be disrespectful but where are you hearing these things

1) As a former CM and retired, I seldom (if ever) release rumor sources.
2) Should I recognize a source, other sources of info would dry up quickly.
3) In addition, most rumors come from current Cast Members.
4) If their name or position were mentioned, their career would be ended.
5) And ended QUICKLY.
6) I hear rumors weekly and sometimes daily.
7) I am highly selective in my quoted rumors, and usually get a 2nd confirmation.

5) And ended QUICKLY.
7) I am highly selective in my quoted rumors, and usually get a 2nd confirmation.
Thank you for the info. I respect the fact of not giving up your sources. Stay safe

5) And ended QUICKLY.

I have always found your "info" or "rumor" pretty on point... Please keep sharing....

Pixie Dust and good vibes... coming your way.. :thumbsup2 :goodvibespixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter