Crowds during the day in October during HHN?

Corly

Earning My Ears
Hi all! Does anyone have any insight on what to expect for daytime crowds around October 18 - 20? I have been several times with my kids but this time around I am taking my HP Fan Dad for his first (and only) time and I have never been in October. We are not going to the HHN but I am worried about heat, crowds and mobility with my father. We will be staying onsite with EP, and while I fully realize the park closes early, is it silly to go during that time and NOT enjoy HHN? I am positive Dad could not handle the jump scares. Any info is SO appreciated! TIA!

So it will be a Thursday thru Saturday trip

Weekdays won’t be affected by crowds
Many will be working or in school

Saturday will be a crowded day by the afternoon
Those that plan on hhn will come in the afternoon to do rides before the Studios closes at 5:00

You’ll have the ep and you shouldn’t have issues with long line waits for the two weekdays

Not sure if hhn packs the studios near the end of hhn
Last week for it has lower attendance

You could do early entry and spend time with less people at the potter section for that time period

Move over to the IOA park by the Hogwarts Express train each afternoon

Many do not stay for hhn
They come for the parks and not for the hard ticket event

If you want to do dinner in city walk, go before the parks close as it can get crowded
Some will eat at cow after they leave the park at 5
That way less of a traffic tie up getting out of the city walk parking garage

UOA newbie.....We are going for the day on Wednesday, October 24, 2018. It is a HHN night. What are the crowds and do you have any advice on where to go first and end up? Want to eat at Leaky Cauldron for lunch.

TIA

LC is a walk in eatery.
Either go around 11:15 or after 1:00 for lunch with no crowds.

So are you asking about park crowds for the day period or hhn?

If you plan on parks only, do the studios first in the morning and move over to Islands around 3:00
You will be the rush of those that change parks when the studios closes at 3:00 for hhn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter