Crowds in March?

laughinplace199

<font color=blue>AKA Shrimpo or Flamingo Legs<br><
Hello...Has anyone been to WDW in March? How are the crowds at that time of year? We are thinking of going for a long weekend in mid-March, but I didn't know if it would be very crowded due to school vacations. Also, how far in advance should we make reservations? Our home is OKW, but we'd be willing to stay at BW or VWL. Thanks for your help!

I'd make reservations as soon as you know your dates. Since March 2002 is less than seven months from now, any DVC member is free to make reservations at any DVC resort.

March is fairly busy - it's spring break time, and this year Easter falls on March 31. IMHO, summer, Easter, Christmas/New Year's, Thanksgiving and President's week are busier than spring break time.

Enjoy your trip!

We have gone in March several times. We may have picked a good time, but I didn't think it was as bad as the summertime. The points for that time may be more if it falls in the spring break time. I don't think you will have any trouble booking, but I would book as soon as you can. We booked at BWV in March at the seven month window. Our home resort is OKW.

We where there last March and we both liked the weather and the parks where not as crowed as I thought they might be with the spring breakers. We are planning on going again this March, just have not set a date yet.

Avoid spring break and Easter, and the crowds shouldn't be bad. We went down for a three-day trip during Braves spring training this past March and had a ball ! :D

The crowds at WDW in early March were less than what we saw when we've been at WDW during the first week of June, which is the first week of summer for many southern schoolkids. We've also been at WDW over Halloween, and the crowds seemed to be greater than in early March, but less than that first week of June.

If you're thinking of going to WDW this coming March, I'd make my reservations soon. Our home is BWV and we couldn't get in there early March on five months notice. We ended up staying at OKW.

We were at OKW in March for 10 days over St. Patrick's Day, DGS's 6th birthday. I thought the Magic Kingdom was extremely crowded.

For the first time since we have been going to WDW (started in the 70's), we couldn't get near It's A Small World, much to DGS's
disappointment. The Tea Cups were down for refurbishment so we busied ourselves waiting in line for Pooh, as well as Buzzlightyear!

Epcot and MGM Studios were not too bad, and we got to do many favorite attractions there.

Animal Kingdom was busy, with long lines.

The boys went to DisneyQuest one rainy day and it was packed. The 6 year old got very tired and wanted to leave almost immediately.....he and I left and had a great time riding the monorail!

We also played miniature golf (not crowded) and had lots of fun.

June

For the past 3 years we have gone to WDW the 1st week of March. Crowds are not bad, but the weather can be iffy. May be in 70's for a couple days then down to low 60's for a couple. Then up again. We are leaving on the 13 this year. We will see if the crowds are worse.:cool: :cool: :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter